They watched YOUTUBE videos to prepare for deadly Colorado life 'off the grid'

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
A sad story:

Becky Vance, Christine Vance and son watched YOUTUBE videos to prepare for deadly Colorado life 'off the grid​

And:

• Christine Vance, 41, Rebecca Vance, 42, and Rebecca's 14-year-old son, all of Colorado Springs were identified as the bodies discovered earlier this month
  • Their stepsister said they had no significant survival knowledge or experience
  • Rebecca convinced Christine to come with her and her son as she was exasperated by the state of the world, the stepsister added

Most of what I have learned in the past ten years has been through YouTube videos. Hell, I replaced the brake pads on my bike just yesterday while watching a video showing me how to do it (E-bike is a little complicateder than regular bikes).

But survival in the wilderness is a bitch. I've watched a couple of those lone survivor series, and even the best of them end up nearly starving to death.

Too bad they killed their kid with their own ignorance and arrogance.

There's some good stuff in those videos but they don't teach you how to have the grit it takes to live like that.

A sad story:

And:

Living off the grid does NOT mean becoming homeless in the great outdoors. Farming skills, medical skills, hunting skills, & general experience in electrical power generating operation/maintenance as well as structure maintenance are necessities. The Amish folks live off of the grid the right way. Trying to become isolationists does not work as one abscessed tooth well illustrates.

14 Years Living Off-Grid in a Self-Built Cabin & Farming Tons of Food on the Land​

That is different!

A sad story:

And:

Stupid people being stupid.
She obviously didnt plan to well and missed the obvious things.
Start in the spring so you have as much time as possible to build a shelter and plant a garden.
Did she know how to fish and hunt?
This reminds me of the Christopher McCandless story,another idiot who was ill prepared to live off the grid.

Forum List

Back