they raised taxes on the wealthy

Without said infrastructure they cant make money.

Tell me, if they can't make money without infrastructure, where did the money to build the infrastructure come from?

Are you seriously going to argue that we can't make money without government run health care and social security? How exactly did people make money before these recent programs?

I believe Truthmatters is trying to use the liberal argument which attempts to justify taxing rich people more. This argument has been around a while, but was recently articulated by Elizabeth Warren like so:

“I hear all this, you know, ‘Well, this is class warfare, this is whatever. No. There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own — nobody.

“You built a factory out there? Good for you. But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police-forces and fire-forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn’t have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory — and hire someone to protect against this — because of the work the rest of us did.

“Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific, or a great idea. God bless — keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is, you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.”

What Warren and TM forget is that all those federal dollars used to build all that infrastructure are coming from only 53% of Americans. The bottom 47% pay no federal income tax at all.

So the rich are already paying more than their fair share of federal infrastructure costs.

Last edited:
it was done for most of the years I lived

Last edited:
Without said infrastructure they cant make money.

Tell me, if they can't make money without infrastructure, where did the money to build the infrastructure come from?

Are you seriously going to argue that we can't make money without government run health care and social security? How exactly did people make money before these recent programs?

I believe Truthmatters is trying to use the liberal argument which attempts to justify taxing rich people more. This argument has been around a while, but was recently articulated by Elizabeth Warren like so:

“I hear all this, you know, ‘Well, this is class warfare, this is whatever. No. There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own — nobody.

“You built a factory out there? Good for you. But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police-forces and fire-forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn’t have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory — and hire someone to protect against this — because of the work the rest of us did.

“Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific, or a great idea. God bless — keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is, you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.”

What Warren and TM forget is that all those federal dollars used to build all that infrastructure are coming from only 53% of Americans. The bottom 47% pay no federal income tax at all.

So the rich are already paying more than their fair share of federal infrastructure costs.

The arguments foolish because it's based on the false premise that government needs to build infrastructure in the First place. The fact is those with money build infrastructure too. Often more effeciently.

Like I said earlier in the topic, it is easy to vote to raise taxes on someone else. That's what cowards do.

Let's see you vote for a tax raise on yourself! Then I will listen.

It is TOO low unless your are a partisan hack who laps up propaganda like pablum

The arguments foolish because it's based on the false premise that government needs to build infrastructure in the First place. The fact is those with money build infrastructure too. Often more effeciently.
Plz source or proof it. untill then you are just spewing shit

We weren't in a recession when that was done and they didn't have the over whelming large regulations that have been passed in the last 3 and half years.
They just passed this yesterday.
Lets see if they move out or not in about a year from now.

Forum List

Back