They already fear Trump..Canada open to renegotiating free trade with Trump

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Not even sworn in yet, and already capitulating to his stated policies while debating the old shrew!

Canada’s ambassador to Washington said Wednesday that Canada is open to renegotiating the North American Free Trade Agreement if that’s what President-elect Donald Trump wants.

Ambassador David MacNaughton, on a conference call with journalists, said free trade on lumber, long an irritant, would be one of the first things he’d like to see if there’s a new agreement. He noted that the U.S. is Canada’s largest trading partner and Canada is the largest trading partner for the U.S.

“We’re ready to come to the table,” he said. …

(Excerpt) Read more at hosted.ap.org ...

Not even sworn in yet, and already capitulating to his stated policies while debating the old shrew!

Canada’s ambassador to Washington said Wednesday that Canada is open to renegotiating the North American Free Trade Agreement if that’s what President-elect Donald Trump wants.

Ambassador David MacNaughton, on a conference call with journalists, said free trade on lumber, long an irritant, would be one of the first things he’d like to see if there’s a new agreement. He noted that the U.S. is Canada’s largest trading partner and Canada is the largest trading partner for the U.S.

I see they let you back for the party....how nice of them.

• Banned

I see they let you back for the party....how nice of them.
Yes. BoDYKEa...they kept me away for the most important week, where I could have had so much fun.

Of course Canada is willing to come to the table on NAFTA and lumber, Vag.

The United States has continuously flouted and ignored rulings against the US, which has been found to violate NAFTA and trade law on lumber numerous times.

So Canada will try to "renegotiate" NAFTA so that the US will not be able to ignore trade law any more.

But you didn't know that, did you?

• Banned
Of course Canada is willing to come to the table on NAFTA and lumber, Vag.

The United States has continuously flouted and ignored rulings against the US, which has been found to violate NAFTA and trade law on lumber numerous times.

So Canada will try to "renegotiate" NAFTA so that the US will not be able to ignore trade law any more.

But you didn't know that, did you?
And what makes you think those rulings will be changed
..at least without big concessions on other matters?

I mentioned this In another thread, but seems appropriate here. The Canadian Immigration web server crashed due to too many hits yesterday. LOL

Last edited:

You can bet Trump will be renegotiating every one of those trade agreement. If he can't renegotiate them he'll be ripping them up.

Good for him and good for America.

I mentioned this In another thread, but seems appropriate here. The Canadian Immigration web server crashed due to too many hits yesterday. LOL

One can only hope everyone who said they were moving to Canada actually does move. But why not Mexico? Don't Liberals like Mexicans?

Forum List

Back