“These could put parents against allowing young people to go the ballrooms we play in."

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Musician Joe Dolan placed a half-page magazine in music magazine New Spotlight offering a reward for any information about “vicious” rumours that were being spread about him.

original

Offering £500 to anyone who could help him secure a prosecution, Dolan said he believed the “false and malicious” rumours were an attempt to injure him.

He said he feared they could “reflect on my colleagues in the Drifters and ruin us with all the dancing and music-loving public”.

“These could put parents against allowing young people to the ballrooms we play in. It could be a spiteful move to damage us in the entertainment world, or it could be the product of evil minds, but whatever it is, I am determined to get to the bottom of it.”

Joe Dolan placed this ad in 1968 offering a reward for information on rumours about him

Me, Granny an' Uncle Ferd...

... don't know nothin' `bout it...

... possum got a sheepish grin on his face...

... sittin' at his laptop.

Me, Granny an' Uncle Ferd...

... don't know nothin' `bout it...

... possum got a sheepish grin on his face...

... sittin' at his laptop.

We can't pay you the £500 until, we get to the bottom of this, so, if you have any hard evidence, please don't let it slip through your hands.

Forum List

Back