These boards seem to be primilary Libertarian now

I consider myself mostly libertarian in my views, but I'm finding plenty of progressives to joust with.

When I first joined a year ago, it was swamped by whiny progressives.

Gj guys, they fled.

Is that profound statement gleaned from a reading of all recent posts in the Political Forum? I find it difficult to believe that you can discern the political persuasion of each member. I call bullshit on your claim and asked for substantiation. Have you anything to digest?

when I became of voting age and had to make the decision, do I register democrat or republican, I looked long and hard at what I thought was right for me. at that time both parties were much less extreme to the right or left than they are today. but in the late 60's and early 70's as my political views were being formed I felt the democrats were a better fit. a lot of it hat to do with the hard core war hawks, i.e barry goldwater, who were at the forefront of the republican party. I think most youth at the time was leaning democrat. if a hippie supported a party, it was the democrats. then as time went on and my career began to develop, I started to realize the economic policies of the republicans were more to my way of thinking. socially I was still a democrat, but gaining a stronger right lean.

as time still continued on, I'd had to say, it was not so much the republicans drawing me right any more, but more the democrats pushing me away from the left. jimmy carter = so many good intentions and his heart was in the right place, it still is, but it was not an effective way to run a country. and it just went down hill from there. the lunatics of the 60's, the haydens, Kerry's, the radicals began to have a great influence on the party. it changed drastically. it really did become irrational. today, I see very few rational decisions coming from them. not a lot coming from the right either these days, but the democrats are a danger to society IMO. this two party rule is killing America. then I look at the support organizations that congregate around the democrats. like MoveOn. lunatics. imo, those people should be institutionalized. but that's the new left. that is the new left that keeps driving me further and further right

For me, the political battle is not LEFT VS RIGHT. It's not republican VS democrat.

It is Authoritarian VS Libertarian. I loathe Authoritarian asshats who try to tell other people how to live their lives. Nanny stater jackasses like Blooomberg who want to outlaw large sodas. Or San Francisco liberals who have banned happy meal toys.. .WTF has happened to our country when a kid can't sell lemonade in front of his house without a permit???

Authoritarians are the ENEMY- regardless of party label.

I consider myself mostly libertarian in my views, but I'm finding plenty of progressives to joust with.

You are not libertarian. You're a big government conservative who doesn't know what libertarianism is, but somehow thinks you are, like Glenn Beck does.

People are dissatisfied and looking for a better fit...conservatives are more dissatisfied, having been out of power, and want something that will work. Liberals should be happier, but so many seem so angry...being on the defensive can be exhausting.

Liberals should be happier, but so many seem so angry...being on the defensive can be exhausting.

So called "liberals" are innately angry, jealous, bitter people who are never happy no matter what they are given. P.J. O'Rourke framed it best, "At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."

there iss always this phoney "no Im the real libertarian here" fight amoung you fools.

fighting for who is a bigger idiot makes you idiots.

You all vote R anyway

You support the party that has to cheat in elections to even win.

Your all traitors

Forum List

Back