"These Are The Lies You Were Taught About Electricity"

In general, Newton inherited the philosophy of the ancient atomists. In addition to their adherence to atomism, they are known as sophists and swindlers, masters of "dialectics". An analogue of modern left-wing politicians.

Which statements are lies? How can a person be blamed for what they "inherit"? Why should I care what he looked like?

HIS.2de.BIO.newton.png

Not as romantic as in PR portraits, is it?

Among other things, Newton preached the anti-scientific concept of action at a distance.

In addition to glorifying God and pseudo-physics, Newthon was engaged in alchemy, but not in the scientific sense of the word, but in the sense of counterfeiting gold. He has written several books on this topic. Although counterfeiting gold was considered illegal.

He also had a theory of vision. He thought that vision was provided by bombarding the pupil with "gravitons". These stones act on nerve endings, and therefore we see objects.

scale_1200

Oh gee. We have another itinerant Mr. Science idiot peddling more insane horseshit than a bulldozer can push!
OK. The ultraviolet catastrophe was "solved" with the help of the hippie theory, but firstly, I do not believe in the hippie theory, it stinks too much with acid and vomit, and secondly, this does not negate the fact that the scholastics are cretins and there is no solution in the "classical" model.

OK. The ultraviolet catastrophe was "solved" with the help of the hippie theory, but firstly, I do not believe in the hippie theory, it stinks too much with acid and vomit, and secondly, this does not negate the fact that the scholastics are cretins and there is no solution in the "classical" model.

giphy-2.gif
giphy-1.gif
eating-angry-ren-and-stimpy.gif

Or so says Veritasium in this YouTube video:

Though I seldom completely agree with him, this instance being no exception, I can't help loving his style and I commend him for at least lamely attacking how this area of physics is so poorly taught or glossed over as the case may be. Just to reiterate, he's claiming that electrical energy does not flow through wires. Whether AC or DC, the work gets accomplished all around the wires and in between, entirely through field interactions, and not through any movement of particulate "electrons."

Comments?

He is actually correct although I can't say I'm in love with his manner of explanation.

He is actually correct although I can't say I'm in love with his manner of explanation.
Yeah, I can see objecting to his manner. He's got a face you just want to punch sometimes. But he's definitely developed a slick presentation style. Though more correct than the mainstream, he's still far from 100%. His injection of some humility is his saving grace.

He's correct in that the electricity flows outside of the wires or "conductors." Else it would never get across a capacitor without arcing. Nor through the wire's "insulation" in a transformer. Electricity is energy in motion, not simply amperage or "current."

Last edited:
Yeah, I can see objecting to his manner. He's got a face you just want to punch sometimes. But he's definitely developed a slick presentation style. Though more correct than the mainstream, he's still far from 100%. His injection of some humility is his saving grace.

He's correct in that the electricity flows outside of the wires or "conductors." Else it would never get across a capacitor without arcing. Nor through the wire's "insulation" in a transformer. Electricity is energy in motion, not simply amperage or "current."
I think where he fails is in the lack of discussion of the making and breaking and remaking of the covalent orbits of the "loose" electrons in the atomic structure and the subsequent magnetomotive and electromotive forces. For the most part though it's probably a good idea to begin the explanation of electrical flow by comparing it to a pipe with a fluid in it.... It's much more complex than that of course but a good start for someone who's just beginning to grasp the concept.

Forum List

Back