There will never be peace in the middle east...

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
So why do we continue to try. I know Oil is the main reason . We as a country need to provide for ourselves. We have enough oil here , the gulf of mexico and with Canada we will should have enough to sustain ourselves. Let the middle east have their counties. We pull out do not provide aid for them since they all hate us and let them fight among themselves. Provide support for Israel because no one in the region will help them but us. Let the Arab nations have their land. Their Sharia Law and none of our money or our need for their oil and see how long they can last.:eusa_whistle:

So why do we continue to try. I know Oil is the main reason . We as a country need to provide for ourselves. We have enough oil here , the gulf of mexico and with Canada we will should have enough to sustain ourselves. Let the middle east have their counties. We pull out do not provide aid for them since they all hate us and let them fight among themselves. Provide support for Israel because no one in the region will help them but us. Let the Arab nations have their land. Their Sharia Law and none of our money or our need for their oil and see how long they can last.:eusa_whistle:

We are in the region to protect our assets, most specificially the oil. I do agree we need to start looking for our oil in other places, Canada would be good and the new country of South Sudan has oil, we can get them up and running and do business with them instead of these countries that hate us and wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire.

It gives the Secretary of State purpose.

Oil is not the main reason for the regions unrest.
Oil is the reason we are there.

You leave, your influence will be replaced.
This region has existed long before the Brits/French and their successor the US came.

You live in a dream-world, if you think Oil is going to become irrelevant for world-economy anytime soon. And even if it would, natural gas consumption is exploding exponentially over the world.
And if "transition" to renewable-energy is achieved, than natural-gas fired power-plants are the most environment-friendly and cheapest combination to balance the problems which come with renewable energy. Natural gas power-plants can be run on-demand if there is a drought (water-power) or there is night (solar-power).

You leave, your influence will be replaced.
This region has existed long before the Brits/French and their successor the US came.

You live in a dream-world, if you think Oil is going to become irrelevant for world-economy anytime soon. And even if it would, natural gas consumption is exploding exponentially over the world.
And if "transition" to renewable-energy is achieved, than natural-gas fired power-plants are the most environment-friendly and cheapest combination to balance the problems which come with renewable energy. Natural gas power-plants can be run on-demand if there is a drought (water-power) or there is night (solar-power).

No one said oil is going to become irrelevant anytime soon but there are other places to get oil besides the Middle East, I would suggest working on finding other sources for our oil and just cutting our ties with the region to be honest.

No one said oil is going to become irrelevant anytime soon but there are other places to get oil besides the Middle East, I would suggest working on finding other sources for our oil and just cutting our ties with the region to be honest.

Cheapest Oil is in Middle-East when it comes to production costs.
With rising Oil prices the production in other areas of the world (especially off-shore) become economically more viable. But it doesn't change anything that other powers will try to "compete" for "control" of the cheapest Oil-source on the planet.
If the USA departs from this game even better for those powers.

Cheapest Oil is in Middle-East when it comes to production costs.
With rising Oil prices the production in other areas of the world (especially off-shore) become economically more viable. But it doesn't change anything that other powers will try to "compete" for "control" of the cheapest Oil-source on the planet.
If the USA departs from this game even better for those powers.

You are correct which is why we won't be leaving there anytime soon.

Fact of the matter, from the film "Syriana"

But what do you need a financial advisor for? Twenty years ago you had the highest Gross National Product in the world, now you're tied with Albania. Your second largest export is secondhand goods, closely followed by dates which you're losing five cents a pound on... You know what the business community thinks of you? They think that a hundred years ago you were living in tents out here in the desert chopping each other's heads off and that's where you'll be in another hundred years, so on behalf of my firm I accept your offer.

War Is On Its Way In The Middle East...
:eek:
Rise of Sharia Law Will Bring War to the Middle East
Monday, 24 Oct 2011 - War is on its way in the Middle East as Muslim countries are determined to force a showdown over the future of Israel, Ronald Reagan’s assistant defense secretary Frank Gaffney warned in an exclusive Newsmax.TV interview.
“I’m afraid there’s a war coming, a very serious, perhaps cataclysmic regional war,” he said. “It will be presumably over, at least in part, the future existence of the state of Israel. It may involve all of its neighbors, as they have in the past, attacking Israel to try, as they say, to drive the Jews into the sea. “It may involve the use of nuclear weapons,” Gaffney predicted. “But whatever form it takes and whenever it occurs, it is unlikely to be contained to that region, and we must do everything we can to prevent freedom’s enemies from thinking they have an opportunity to engage in that kind of warfare.” That means standing “absolutely, unmistakably” as one with Israel and doing everything to prevent Iran getting its hands on nuclear weapons.

Gaffney, who now heads up the nonprofit Center for Security Policy in Washington, D.C., was speaking on the day that the “moderate” Islamist party Ennahda claimed victory at the ballot box in Tunisia and the day after Libya’s new rulers declared that country will be run on Islamic principles and under Sharia law. Gaffney does not believe Ennahda is really a moderating force. “I don’t believe there is such a thing as a moderate Islamist party,” he said. “The challenge with Islamists is that they seek to impose what they call Sharia on everybody, Muslim and non-Muslim alike.

“They may, as a matter of tactical expediency, choose to do so in incremental ways, often nonviolently, at least initially. “The problem is that, because ultimately they must — according to Sharia, according to what they believe is God’s will — make everyone feel subdued in order to achieve their God-mandated direction, they will not remain moderate. They will not be satisfied with anything less than the ultimate supremacy of Sharia and they certainly will not resist the use of violence when it becomes expedient to get their way.”

Gaffney, who writes a regular column for Newsmax, foresees a rising tide of Islamist governments growing throughout Middle East and North Africa and spreading even further. “We’re witnessing not just the violent kind of jihad that these Islamists believe God compels them to engage in, but also, where they must for tactical reasons, a more stealthy kind, or civilizational jihad as the Muslim Brotherhood calls it. We’re witnessing that playing out, not only in places in the Middle East but also in Europe, in Australia, in Canada and here in the United States as well,” he said. The spread of Sharia, which Gaffney said often is referred to as “Communism with a god,” is “the most urgent and grievous challenge we face as a free people.

MORE

Forum List

Back