There Isn’t A Single State Where A federal Ban On Abortion Polls Higher Than 30%

After reading several posts I can’t help but to wonder if the polls are correct then what difference does it make in returning the abortion question and decision back over to the states where it belongs? What is everyone scared of? It would only seem logical that if the majority in each state were overwhelming in favor of abortion then that would settle the issue, but does it, or do we actually have a loud and vocal minority in select metropolitan areas that understand if the issue were to be turned over to the states there could be restrictions adopted? Interesting dilemma to say the least. Now if anyone believes the right to life group could outright outlaw abortions altogether must be delusional at best for the polls referenced indicate otherwise.

Stop it already. The whole, "turn it over to the states" is nothing but a damn copout. Is abortion wrong or not? Does life start at conception or not? Flippin damn years, marching in the streets, intimidating patients at abortion clinics, and literally thousands of posts on this very messageboard--stop the killing of innocent babies. It is murder. And now, oh--we just want the decision turned over to the states.

Listened to the president of the National Right to Life Committee in an interview today. It was comical. She was asked about IUD's, they prevent the implantation of the embryo AFTER fertilization, you know, conception, that moment when life begins. Her response was women should talk to their doctors, and if the contraception method chosen worked in such a manner, just say no. Yeah, that was her response in a nut shell. What the hell, why did we go through all this shit. Damn, when it comes to abortion, just say no.

Look, you people look like you are going to get what you wanted, Roe overturned. So grab hold of it, ban abortions in ALL circumstances. Ban IUD's and the morning after pill. Don't suddenly put this train in reverse. Ban it on a federal level, I mean the whole state decision thing is a copout. Did you flippin people want to end abortion, or did you want to create an abortion tourism industry? The whole rape and incest exemption is a damn copout. If it is wrong, it is fawking wrong.

Sorry, but the reaction to this leak from the right and pro-life advocates has been both comical and enlightening.

"Stop making your case, and make the one I want you to have!"

How about you go fuck yourself? I realize it's extremely hard for you to make a coherent argument for what you want, and I take great pleasure in that. I am under no obligation to take the position you want me to have, just because you'd prefer to argue against it. Maybe if you stopped flapping your jaw with sanctimony for five seconds and actually LISTENED to someone else, you might know what I really believe and be able to make a better argument against it.

As far as I'm concerned, "Stop saying what you want to say, because I've decided you don't really believe it!" is just another way of you saying, "I'm losing this debate!"

I didn't bother to read past your dismissive attempt to force your idea of my views on me, just so you know, because you forfeited any right to talk to me further at that point. And I have nothing else to say to you until such time you ASK me what I think, instead of TELLING me what you've decided I think. If you want any response other than, "Fuck off, dickwad", I suggest you start earning it.

I think you are confused. First, it is extremely presumptuous for you to position yourself supporting eliminating "choice" for your daughters and grand-daughters. Second, this choice is being made, overwhelmingly, by men, and one woman who pretty much just stepped out of the Stepford Wives. Quite honestly, on the matter of abortion, every single male judge should recuse themselves because they are too stupid to make that type of decision. What the hell do they know about carrying and delivering a baby? I doubt few men are as experienced in child birth and labor as me, and I know, I am in no position to make such a decision for another woman, any other woman. Although I actually did over twenty years ago.

See, unlike all the other "pro-life" fanatics, I actually did something about it. Forced my ex-wife, with a court order, to carry a baby born out of wedlock to term, and then turn her over to me. Not my child, and the father testified on my behalf. That is what makes me sick about the pro-lifers. It is too damn easy to tell other people what they should do. When the time comes, we will be judged on what we did, not what we thought other people should do.

I think you're confused, because you seem to think you're better positioned to speak to the best interests of my daughter and granddaughters than I am. Do you know their names? Their ages? What they look like? No? Then don't come at me with your, "It's presumptuous of you to fight for your beliefs on behalf of their future, but I can because I declare that MY beliefs are better."

Oh, and I once again skipped everything in your post after the first sentence, because you once again forfeited the right to talk to me beyond your first sentence.

Once again, fuck off.

Exactly right, sweetheart. This is a public message board. My post had nothing to do with "mansplaining" anything specific to you. For goodness sakes, I didn't even respond to you. You responded to me about complaining about "mansplaining." Idiot.

Next time, you want to address the content of my post - agree or disagree - I will respond civilly. Otherwise... fuck off.

You don't like it... tough. Next time think before posting. So in case, you didn't get it the first time...here it is again... fuck off.

Exactly wrong, cupcake. It doesn't matter who you mistakenly thought you were personally addressing. You ARE a man, and you are condescendingly lecturing on what's best for women. That's mansplaining, period.

Next time you want to acknowledge the rest of my post instead of hyper-focusing on one point to avoid it because you're a pussy, let me know. Don't waste your time with whatever you think is "civility"; I'm NOT a pussy, and I doubt you can talk without being offensive no matter what you do.

You don't like it, tough. Next time, think before you're posting. Because I'm going nowhere, and I will continue saying whatever I please to whomever I please. Your choices continue to be deal with it or run like a scared bitch.

So in case you didn't get it the first time: Butch up, buttercup.

I think you're confused, because you seem to think you're better positioned to speak to the best interests of my daughter and granddaughters than I am. Do you know their names? Their ages? What they look like? No? Then don't come at me with your, "It's presumptuous of you to fight for your beliefs on behalf of their future, but I can because I declare that MY beliefs are better."

Oh, and I once again skipped everything in your post after the first sentence, because you once again forfeited the right to talk to me beyond your first sentence.

Once again, fuck off.
Look here you stupid bitch. I didn't say I was better positioned, I said you were being presumptuous I mean that is the thing with the entire right to life movement. Abortion is an individual choice. Yet you seem all too willing to take that choice away from your daughters and grand daughters thereby "making the choice for them". Yes, quite presumptuous.

Second, I usually enter a thread with the reply function, but that doesn't mean I am talking just too you. It seems I am the second person in this thread that has to remind you this is a public forum. You are especially deserving of that reply because your presumption is indicative of the typical pro-lifer. You "presume" to know what is best for people that you know nothing about. And more importantly, it takes no energy on your part. For a man, or even a women past menopause, to claim they are pro-life is absolutely insulting to someone like me.

Like your bit about your granddaughters. You successfully see the "choice" taken away from them and they become pregnant, with three sets of chromosomes, not two, called Triploidy. Sure, it is rare, and often times life threatening to the mother, but not always. What is certain is that it is fatal to the baby. If not during the pregnancy, a few days, or more than likely, a few hours, after birth. Forcing someone to go through that traumatic experience is beyond cruel.

Not a winning issue. Anywhere. And the 70% of normal mainstream America are getting tired of the 30% of fringe nut jobs, that think the majority are supposed to continue putting up with their lunacy.

Who the hell is talking about a federal ban on abortions? The voices in your head? The bullet you claim to have with GW Bush's name on it?

And the majority of Americans reject third-trimester abortions and even more reject post-birth killing of a child.

Not a winning issue. Anywhere. And the 70% of normal mainstream America are getting tired of the 30% of fringe nut jobs, that think the majority are supposed to continue putting up with their lunacy.

Overturning Roe will NOT create a federal ban on abortion! How about educating yourself next time before you post!

Forum List

Back