There is simply no denying it is time for "common sense" gun laws

Since when does need factor in when a legal right is concerned?

I am asking about how many times cc holders shoot someone in public. And you don't even know the answer to that? WTF.

If they ain't shooting anyone, what the fuck they carrying for?
Makes em feel like a bad ass doesn't it? Don't fuck with me cause I got a gun.

I don't care how many times people rightfully use their guns in self defense. And it doesn't matter. How many times do you exercise your 5th amendment rights?

No law stops anyone from committing a crime all any law does is spell out the consequences if someone gets caught breaking that law which is why the consequences have to be dire

That your admission you have no idea how to stop straw buyers?
Well ok.

How about you explain how you would pay for life in prison for tens of thousands of people who broke gun laws.

Tax on guns and ammo would work for me I guess.

No law stops anyone from committing a crime all any law does is spell out the consequences if someone gets caught breaking that law which is why the consequences have to be dire

That your admission you have no idea how to stop straw buyers?
Well ok.

How about you explain how you would pay for life in prison for tens of thousands of people who broke gun laws.

Tax on guns and ammo would work for me I guess.

Easy release all the nonviolent offenders we have locked up.

Tell me if the punishment for speeding was automatic loss of your driver's license would you still speed?

Yeah and everyday people get shot for stupid fucking reasons. Doesn't that bother you?
It does! A lot! That "stupid fucking reason" is people like you insisting that we have gun-free victim zones. Armed people don't get shot.
Yeah and blindly arming more people gives more guns to nutjobs. You see how that works? I know you cons love that childish fantasy of you dropping a bad guy with your holster weapon, but it doesn't make any sense to think it works even most of the time.
If it doesn't make any sense - then why do tragedies only occur where guns are banned? You take a position so absurd - you can't even attempt to support it with facts. You just make a bizarre one line sentence and you run. Answer the question: why do tragedies only occur where guns are banned???

How many mass shootings in the White House? By your "logic", it should happen daily since there are hundreds of men and women armed with fully automatic weapons on the grounds.

How many mass shootings at police stations? By your "logic", it should happen daily since there are hundreds of men and women armed with weapons.

How many mass shootings at NRA meetings? By your "logic", it should happen every time there there are many hundreds of men and women armed with firearms.
What do you even know about the correlation between gun free zones and gun crime? You're just making shit up as you go along.

There is no correlation. There are very few establishments that aren't gun free zones.
There is simply no denying it is time for "common sense" gun laws

I completely agree.

Common sense gun laws are, of course, those which have worked in the past.

So that eliminates gun bans, assault weapon bans, one-gun-a-month restrictions, waiting periods, background checks, and most obviously, "gun free" zones. All of them have been tried, and not one has ever reduced the number of "gun crimes".

"Gun free zones", in fact, have had the effect of concentrating mass murders within the "gun free" zone. Far more mass murders have taken place in such "gun free" zones, than outside of them, as murderers use the free-fire zones given to them as areas where they can rack up huge body counts, with no one on the scene able to stop them, and get lurid headlines after the cops finally show up and kill them.

So, what "common sense" gun laws should we have? Which ones have actually reduced murders and other gun crimes?

One is, of course, letting all law-abiding adults carry concealed weapons wherever they go. Even with everyone allowed to carry this way, most still won't bother. But a few will. And the bad guys know that there are probably a few armed individuals somewhere in the crowd in the disco or office party or school grounds they are planning to shoot up. And so the bad guys know they won't be able to kill 49 people before someone stops them, they won't get weeks of blazing headlines they want... and so, many of the potential murderers will decide not to commit their crimes there, or maybe not at all.

So often their crimes never take place. How many lives are saved, without a single shot ever being fired?

This is a "common sense" laws that clearly will save innocent lives.

I fully agree with the OP. When can we expect him to start pushing for concealed carry by responsible adults?

A common sense gun law is to have comprehensive background check laws, instead of partial ones with loopholes.

There is no correlation. There are very few establishments that aren't gun free zones.

Maybe in your commie state, not so much in the rest of the country.

A common sense gun law is to have comprehensive background check laws, instead of partial ones with loopholes.

Name one mass shooting that would effect. Mass shooters have passed background checks or stolen the guns. What will your ignorant idea change? Keep in mind criminals don't give a carp about your laws. BTW this is an intellectual honesty test.

Again she didn't shoot someone her kid did because she didn't secure her weapon and was she legally carrying?
She was legal and the kid could have shot anyone. Not safe.

But she didn't

Could have would have should haves don't count

The mom died moron. How did her carrying make anyone safer?

They are certainly shooting themselves and others more than they are stopping mass killers.
Witness describes accidental shooting at Cracker Barrel
So basically it's pretty rare single incidents and was that guy carrying concealed or open since the article didn't specify

I'm quickly and easily finding examples. Most are the moron shooting himself. It isn't rare when incidents are so easy to find.
Tell you what you give me the number of times in a year that a legal CC permit holder accidentally shoots someone else in public

Again she didn't shoot someone her kid did because she didn't secure her weapon and was she legally carrying?
She was legal and the kid could have shot anyone. Not safe.

But she didn't

Could have would have should haves don't count

The mom died moron. How did her carrying make anyone safer?
People die from doing stupid things all the time. A lot more people die from other accidents than they do from accidental gun shots

Forum List

Back