There Is Nothing To Protest About

I’d like to see an end to Qualified Immunity. If the cop is doing the job properly, according to policy and the law, then yes, he should have immunity. If he is not, then that immunity should be so far out of reach that the Voyager Probes won’t reach it for a million years.
QI is only given IF the officer was acting in good faith and within the law. The law already exists.

QI is applied if no precedent exists prohibiting the action.

The other thing is the whole idea of the civil rights protests was TO BE ARRESTED. You did the "illegal" thing, you got arrested, made bail, and then went out and did it again.

I have to assume the same thing happened with the more peaceful Vietnam protests, you were declared an unlawful assembly, got arrested, made bail, and then went right back out.

If you are protesting the injustice of the system, the idea is to make the system perpetuate the injustice.

What injustice did Target do? What injustice is a person just driving by a mob doing?
The whole thing is mindless. The rioters are like a pack of wild dogs.

The other thing is the whole idea of the civil rights protests was TO BE ARRESTED. You did the "illegal" thing, you got arrested, made bail, and then went out and did it again.

I have to assume the same thing happened with the more peaceful Vietnam protests, you were declared an unlawful assembly, got arrested, made bail, and then went right back out.

If you are protesting the injustice of the system, the idea is to make the system perpetuate the injustice.

What injustice did Target do? What injustice is a person just driving by a mob doing?
The whole thing is mindless. The rioters are like a pack of wild dogs.

I think the economic looting is mindless, and exacerbated by the pandemic measures taken. Not a judgement on the pandemic thing in this thread, but just an observation.

The property damage to me is a combination of bored youth with a supposed "cause", and hard core anarchist/communist types who might think this is the time to from the "vanguard" which is supposed to convince and lead the masses in a general revolt against the system.

All of this nationwide rioting and looting should be a wake-up call to all those Independents on the fence about which way to vote in November, They should note that all this craziness is going on in inner city DEMOCRAT run bastions, where rioting and looting is mostly tolerated.

We all remember saying "Where are the police" and "Where is the National Guard" when the Ferguson riot occured, and stores were being looted in front of news cameras. Police did nothing. National Guard was called up, and then sent many miles away from the rioting.

In Chicago and San Jose, thugs attacked Trump rallygoers. Police stood by - did nothing.'

In Charlottesville, police did nothing.

In Baltimore, police did nothing, and retreated from punks throwing rocks at them.

In Tampa, BLM thugs blocked traffic for 2 hours.

The common thread that all these have in common ? Democrats in charge of police and/or National Guard. Take note Independents, and Democrats who aren't completely mind-warped.

There are more than 800,000 sworn law enforcement officers now serving in the United States. Out of those 800,000 ONE has engaged in what appears to be an excessive use of force, that resulted in a man's death. So while 799,999 cops did not use excessive force, and kill somebody, nobody seems to be noticing THAT.

They also don't seem to be noticing that while those 799,999 cops did not use excessive force, did their jobs properly, at huge risk to their lives (one was killed on the same day as George Floyd), they protected all of us (including the protestors).

Being interviewed by new reporters, I listened to what some of the protestors were saying. I didn't hear a single one really say anything that came close to why all these protests and riots should be going on. I really got the feeling that most of them are just young people engaging in what, for them, is some type of crude entertainment.

At least when I when out in the streets 50 years ago, and protested against the Vietnam War, there really was a good reason. This whole thing is just ridiculous, and protesters/rioters ought to feel ashamed of themselves. When they get a bit older, and look back, they probably will.

You are the one who is ridiculous. Police brutality has been a issue for many years. Police officers need to be held accountable and have not been. Officers who look the other way when a officer does something wrong are just as guilty as the officers who committed the act.

The Obama Administration attempted to hold the police accountable by forcing them to enter into reform agreements. These were terminated once Trump took office often with the support of police unions. Trump has used racist rhetoric to attack peaceful protestors.

There are more than 800,000 sworn law enforcement officers now serving in the United States. Out of those 800,000 ONE has engaged in what appears to be an excessive use of force, that resulted in a man's death. So while 799,999 cops did not use excessive force, and kill somebody, nobody seems to be noticing THAT.

They also don't seem to be noticing that while those 799,999 cops did not use excessive force, did their jobs properly, at huge risk to their lives (one was killed on the same day as George Floyd), they protected all of us (including the protestors).

Being interviewed by new reporters, I listened to what some of the protestors were saying. I didn't hear a single one really say anything that came close to why all these protests and riots should be going on. I really got the feeling that most of them are just young people engaging in what, for them, is some type of crude entertainment.

At least when I when out in the streets 50 years ago, and protested against the Vietnam War, there really was a good reason. This whole thing is just ridiculous, and protesters/rioters ought to feel ashamed of themselves. When they get a bit older, and look back, they probably will.
It's nothing more than a lame assed excuse to show their asses like the assholes they all are.

I drove past a Vietnamese Restaurant that was burned down last night in Tampa. Right across from USF on Fowler Avenue.

A white cop kills a black man in Minnesota, so rioters burn down a Vietnamese restaurant in Tampa.

Makes sense, right?

You are the one who is ridiculous. Police brutality has been a issue for many years. Police officers need to be held accountable and have not been. Officers who look the other way when a officer does something wrong are just as guilty as the officers who committed the act.

The Obama Administration attempted to hold the police accountable by forcing them to enter into reform agreements. These were terminated once Trump took office often with the support of police unions. Trump has used racist rhetoric to attack peaceful protestors.

Those investigations and agreements predate Obama. By a significant margin.

Jibberish nonsense. There IS NO police brutality, to any significant degree. That was a con job scam/ruse, set up by Obama, Sharpton, Holder, and other race hustlers, to gin up black votes during the 2016 election. They went around to cities, coercing Democrat mayors into having their police stand down, to allow traffic blocking, rioting, etc, and threatening them with DOJ lawsuits if they don't comply.

1590986322989.png

And the idea of blacks being oppressed in America is ludicrous, while blacks have been first in line for jobs, promotions, college aid, business loans, etc,etc, from affirmative action for 50+ years. If any race has been oppressed, it's whites and Asians.

Trump terminated many of Obama's anti-white racist programs, which is another reason why he'll get re-elected in November, plus helping to keep the rapist Mexicans out.

Obviously what has already happened in our nation's history is enough to send certain people over the edge of insanity.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It would be nice if cops would use the videos of the looters, to identify and arrest them,

The FBI is freeze-framing riot footage and identifying rioters as we speak. The masks make it difficult but Antifa has been infiltrated and the leaders brought to heel shortly. Too many cameras around for anybody to get away with anything like this....no worries.

Cops are a necessary evil.

The events during the last few days prove what would happen to you and your family if there were no cops.

We all owe the sincerest thanks and appreciation to the good cops who are our only protection from very, very, very bad people.

The FBI is freeze-framing riot footage and identifying rioters as we speak. The masks make it difficult but Antifa has been infiltrated and the leaders brought to heel shortly. Too many cameras around for anybody to get away with anything like this....no worries.
I have always supported street cameras, and now they are again proving their value.

This is a violent unhinged Democrat power grab being conducted under the disguise of social justice.
But they have to come to the suburbs to complete it. That's the bad news for them!
They are ignorant and unaware that what they can get away with in disarmed inner cities, they cannot get away with in heavily armed suburbs. There is a gun behind every blade of grass, behind every store's front door. They'll be shot to pieces.

Last edited:

How many stood there and did nothing while excessive force was being used?

And it doesn't matter what percentage of cops committed bad acts. What matters is the cumulative number of those bad acts over time.

And it doesn't matter what percentage of cops committed bad acts. What matters is the cumulative number of those bad acts over time.
Which is miniscule, proportionately. And far more cops have died doing the right thing, than anyone has died from police excessive force. - including one good cop on the same day that George Floyd died.

Which is miniscule, proportionately.

So it doesn't matter that these bad acts continue multiple times every year and many many times over decades because a small number of people commit them?

By that logic it shouldn't matter if a person is a serial killer as long as he only kills one or 2 people a year because a serial killers make up an even smaller proportion of people than cops do.

So it doesn't matter that these bad acts continue multiple times every year and many many times over decades because a small number of people commit them?

By that logic it shouldn't matter if a person is a serial killer as long as he only kills one or 2 people a year because a serial killers make up an even smaller proportion of people than cops do.
It matters, but only relatively so. Read the second part of my post that you so quickly quoted, to see . INCLUDING THE LINK

It matters, but only relatively so. Read the second part of my post that you so quickly quoted, to see . INCLUDING THE LINK

The subject of the link is irrelevant to the discussion.

I don't know the name of every victim of an at large serial killer either, do you?

The police are a government institution are they not? They should not be given a pass when they kill even one man who is cuffed and lying on the ground simply because only a small percentage of cops were involved in that act

Forum List

Back