There have been 273 mass shootings in the US so far in 2017 — here's the full list

thanks , plus i think that rifles are banned in France but i think their death toll by rifles and guns is over that number . Think that the French ' WIN ' as they had 139 deaths at a 'little girl' music concert of some type didn't they Sytfe
What's the murder rate in France?
What's the murder rate in Chicago?
Super high. Over 400 million guns in the country, you know.

Where I live is literally awash in privately owned firearms. I recall there was a murder here about twelve years ago ...
Because it's rare to ever encounter another human being in flyover country

I live within 20 miles of Washington DC.

Bullshit list. Mother Jones took apart the criteria that some of these left whacko websites are using and shredded them.

No, There Has Not Been a Mass Shooting Every Day This Year
This inflated stat all over the media isn’t just misleading—it’s stirring undue fear.

No, There Has Not Been a Mass Shooting Every Day This Year – Mother Jones

Are you retarded? The date of that article: DEC. 18, 2015 11:00 AM

Idiot.

Bloody fool. The date of the article doesn't matter. The editor of Mother Jones shows how blatantly inaccurate these new "gun violence trackers" are by showing that their methodology is faulty at best and pathetic at worst.

Read my post again. Then read the fucking article to see how you are being duped by lies.

Last edited:
The death toll continues to rise on Monday in Las Vegas, Nevada, where a gunman killed at least 59 people and injured at least 527 others at a country music festival on Sunday night.

It was the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history.

The incident marked the 273rd mass shooting in 2017, according to the nonprofit Gun Violence Archive, which tracks shootings in the US. To put this into perspective, we are 275 days into the year, which means the US has had nearly as many mass shootings as days in 2017.

There have been 273 mass shootings in the US so far in 2017 — here's the full list
-----------------------

Unbelievable.

Gun lickers won't want any of these weapons controlled, lord knows we wouldn't want to keep 30 people from shooting off automatic weapons at a range, it would be monumental disruption of fun! And so there will be a 'next time, and another after that...', Christmas shopping season is coming up. Or New Years, or this time next year. But it will come. And now that the fully auto machine gun genie is out of the bottle the frequency of these types of mass slaughters will get worse, as will the number of dead.

All because a handful of wannabes are scared of their own shadow. And to cover their abject fear they have glommed onto the fake idea of 'pertecting 'ar raiwwghts from th' gubmint jes' like in th' olden days'.

Arm every person with a fully auto AK-47 and they last two days against our military. The days of citizens defending their rights against their own government with rifles ended 130 years ago. But the self delusion of today's gun carrier keeps the myth alive in their heads. And that is all they know or want to know. The reality of the situation is far too scary for them.

600 million guns in this country. 8 million or more rifles with magazines. 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense.

total number of mass public shootings in 2016, according to Mother Jones, anti gun, left wing source...

71 people murdered.

knives murdered 1,604 people....

Which killed more people...mass shooters with rifles...or people with knives?

How many people died in car accidents....35,161.......

TY! That editor has really tried to be responsible with his data and his methodology.

thanks , plus i think that rifles are banned in France but i think their death toll by rifles and guns is over that number . Think that the French ' WIN ' as they had 139 deaths at a 'little girl' music concert of some type didn't they Sytfe
What's the murder rate in France?

Less. But they don't have 11 million illegal third world immigrants either. Get them up to that number and their murder rate will be the same as ours.

Good to see you again Westwall....

Arm every person with a fully auto AK-47 and they last two days against our military. The days of citizens defending their rights against their own government with rifles ended 130 years ago. But the self delusion of today's gun carrier keeps the myth alive in their heads. And that is all they know or want to know. The reality of the situation is far too scary for them.
I hate to pile on, but that is exactly what has been happening in Afghanistan for about two generations.

See also: Vo Nguyen Giap.

Sorry don't know what your point is.
Essentially that a well-run guerrilla campaign can hold off the world's strongest armies. It has been done many times just in the last century.

Ponderous.

All of those were instances where there was nearly minimal commitment and minimal number of troops being used. I'm so tired of these fake arguments. If the US military were to show up in Afghanistan in full force with the intent of occupying and subduing the entire region it would do so in a couple weeks. As with all wars there would be pockets who fight back but to no avail.

Yes explain how the citizens of the US are going to stand up to thousands of tanks, helicopters, aircraft, missiles, satellites, and if necessary nuclear weapons. The days of the 'minuteman' ended more than 130 years ago and they ended for good. I don't like it, no one likes it, but we are and will forever going forward be at the mercy of what our military wants to do.

Eh, far leftists again standing on the bodies of dead people who would oppose gun control. What class...

The death toll continues to rise on Monday in Las Vegas, Nevada, where a gunman killed at least 59 people and injured at least 527 others at a country music festival on Sunday night.

The incident marked the 273rd mass shooting in 2017, according to the nonprofit Gun Violence Archive, which tracks shootings in the US. To put this into perspective, we are 275 days into the year, which means the US has had nearly as many mass shootings as days in 2017.

-----------------------

Unbelievable.

This chart says even more. Much more.

1,516 mass shootings in 1,735 days: America's gun crisis – in one chart

Wow. That chart really puts things in perspective.

For gibbering, Cyclopean numbskulls, perhaps.

Derp! Why's that, dipshit? Because the harsh real world FACTS don't jive with your pro-gun agenda? Fucking conservatives. You guys just won't let up until you make America the most dangerous place in the world.

Could have had a full ban on guns, and this guy could have easily flown one of his planes directly into the crowd and probably would have killed a lot more attendees.

Everyone already knows your list is bullshit propaganda. It has been debunked 1000 times.

No, it hasn't. But thanks for playing, Vlad. Take your bullshit trolling elsewhere.
Yes it has, douche bag. Anti-gun groups always lie and use bogus statistics.

That's not an "anti-gun" group, moron.

ROFL! Of course it is. They even admit it.

No, they don't you absolute fucking idiot.

"Gun Violence Archive (GVA) is a not for profit corporation formed in 2013 to provide online public access to accurate information about gun-related violence in the United States. GVA will collect and check for accuracy, comprehensive information about gun-related violence in the U.S. and then post and disseminate it online, primarily if not exclusively on this website and summary ledgers at www.facebook.com/gunviolencearchive. It is hoped that this information will inform and assist those engaged in discussions and activities concerning gun violence, including analysis of proposed regulations or legislation relating to gun safety usage. All we ask is to please provide proper credit for use of Gun Violence Archive data and advise us of its use.

GVA is not, by design an advocacy group. The mission of GVA is to document incidents of gun violence and gun crime nationally to provide independent, verified data to those who need to use it in their research, advocacy or writing."
If you weren't dumber than a brain damaged cockroach you would know that I just posted the evidence,

-----------------------

Unbelievable.

This chart says even more. Much more.

1,516 mass shootings in 1,735 days: America's gun crisis – in one chart

Wow. That chart really puts things in perspective.

For gibbering, Cyclopean numbskulls, perhaps.

Derp! Why's that, dipshit? Because the harsh real world FACTS don't jive with your pro-gun agenda? Fucking conservatives. You guys just won't let up until you make America the most dangerous place in the world.

Could have had a full ban on guns, and this guy could have easily flown one of his planes directly into the crowd and probably would have killed a lot more attendees.

He had explosives too. Not much is coming out about that part of the story yet.

Conceding what point, troll? It would be great if you could at least try to be coherent. Instead of drooling all over your keyboard and hitting "post reply," work on actually making a post that makes sense.
If you'd stop bad-touching yourself over the thought of more dead bodies, you might actually see that your source is bullshit and your OP is pointless.

Try conceding that and engaging in some intellectual honesty with what little intellect you have, dipshit.

My "source" is bullshit, gimp? How so, moron? Take your thumb out of your ass, wipe off your chin, and prove how the stats are "bullshit." Oh, you can't do that because you're a fucking moron?

Do you kiss your mom with that mouth?
Of course! That's why his breath smells like my semen.

Fag.

Bullshit list. Mother Jones took apart the criteria that some of these left whacko websites are using and shredded them.

This inflated stat all over the media isn’t just misleading—it’s stirring undue fear.

Idiot.

Bloody fool. The date of the article doesn't matter. The editor of Mother Jones shows how blatantly inaccurate these new "gun violence trackers" are by showing that their methodology is faulty at best and pathetic at worst.

Read my post again. Then read the fucking article to see how you are being duped by lies.

You stupid twit. I posted stats that deal with this year -- 2017 -- and you post an op-ed article that's 2 years old. Of course it matters you raging buffoon. And there is no error in their "methodology," moron, every single incident is detailed and you can look each one up individually yourself, if you weren't such an illiterate dolt.
The age of the article doesn't matter because it shows the that the group coming up with your numbers is using a bogus methodology. You can't credibly dispute the point, so instead you harp on the date.

In short, you're a douche bag.

-----------------------

Unbelievable.

The list is light on details.

-----------------------

Unbelievable.

Yeah, unbelievable UNTIL you start looking them up. At random I picked a few. Most read something like this. --- (The april 16th Columbus Ohio event in your OP link)

Police identify victims after club shooting in north Columbus

The Columbus Division of Police has identified nine people who are in the hospital after a shooting in north Columbus.

It happened around 3:30 a.m. Sunday on the 1700 block of Cleveland Avenue at J&R Party Hall.

WATCH: Columbus police provide an update about the early morning shooting in north Columbus

According to Columbus Police, the conditions of the nine people shot varies from minor to life-threatening.

Authorities have identified the victims as Sharda Hall, 25; Brooklyn Bradley, 20; Diamond Harris 33; Ja'Voughn Henderson, 22; Cornecia Pruitt, 25; Keante McGrew 31; Kaadijah Travis, 23; William Boswell, 27; and Jawaun McCrae, 20.

Here's the take-away.. We need GANG control. Not a lot of new gun laws.. Multiple guns involved in that shooting above. All people below 30 yrs. NOT A ONE of those shooters had a conceal carry permit. I'd stake my LIFE on that. Guns were probably bought ON THE STREET.

Whenever law enforcement tries to get these deadly weapons out of the community with STOP/FRISK or targeted stops for suspected gang members -- the left goes beserk. I think we should be DEMANDING their plan for taking these killers/shooters out of circulation.

We need to allow the police to DISARM these wannabee thugs. THAT'S how you get this "gun violence" stopped.

Idiot.

You stupid twit. I posted stats that deal with this year -- 2017 -- and you post an op-ed article that's 2 years old. Of course it matters you raging buffoon. And there is no error in their "methodology," moron, every single incident is detailed and you can look each one up individually yourself, if you weren't such an illiterate dolt.

Boy you are dumber that a box of rocks. One more time the date of the article doesn't matter. The editor explains why other numbers are so much higher because they are based on faulty methodology. AKA the numbers you put up are bullshit. Because they are not based on the FBI standards.

You can't take a domestic dispute that involves guns and turn a domestic into a mass shooting. You can't take a gang related incident and turn it into a mass shooting.

Their figures are bogus and based on the lie that they conceived as the "new definition" of mass shootings.

Conceding what point, troll? It would be great if you could at least try to be coherent. Instead of drooling all over your keyboard and hitting "post reply," work on actually making a post that makes sense.
If you'd stop bad-touching yourself over the thought of more dead bodies, you might actually see that your source is bullshit and your OP is pointless.

Try conceding that and engaging in some intellectual honesty with what little intellect you have, dipshit.

My "source" is bullshit, gimp? How so, moron? Take your thumb out of your ass, wipe off your chin, and prove how the stats are "bullshit." Oh, you can't do that because you're a fucking moron?

Do you kiss your mom with that mouth?
Of course! That's why his breath smells like my semen.

Fag.
Oh look, a homophobic leftist.

Idiot.

Boy you are dumber that a box of rocks. One more time the date of the article doesn't matter. The editor explains why other numbers are so much higher because they are based on faulty methodology. AKA the numbers you put up are bullshit. Because they are not based on the FBI standards.

You can't take a domestic dispute that involves guns and turn a domestic into a mass shooting. You can't take a gang related incident and turn it into a mass shooting.

Their figures are bogus and based on the lie that they conceived as the "new definition" of mass shootings.

Nobody pays much attention to the definitions and details. So it's easy to get outraged. The source SYFTE used is shootings of all kinds. With a definition of "mass shooting" being something like -- at least 1 killed OR 4 or more injured. It's as valid as any other definition that you wanna make.

But the biggest overlooked factor here is MOTIVE. You wanna discuss mass casualty events?? Categorize them by motive. Because THAT'S why and how it happened.

domestic
criminal
gang
political
workplace
hate
etc.... There's WHY they happened. And sometimes HOW they happened.

-----------------------

Unbelievable.
The disregard for human life is undeniable. Sad.

When congress would not act after Sandy Hook, I knew they never would. Its what we get for turning over the country to the gun lobby aka the NRA.

You can look up on line how much the NRA is bribing your congress rats. My Repub senator got a nice little bonus of almost $1.5 million. My Dem senator got zip.

Yes, it IS sad.

Idiot.

Nobody pays much attention to the definitions and details. So it's easy to get outraged. The source SYFTE used is shootings of all kinds. With a definition of "mass shooting" being something like -- at least 1 killed OR 4 or more injured. It's as valid as any other definition that you wanna make.

But the biggest overlooked factor here is MOTIVE. You wanna discuss mass casualty events?? Categorize them by motive. Because THAT'S why and how it happened.

domestic
criminal
gang
political
workplace
hate
etc.... There's WHY they happened. And sometimes HOW they happened.

The agenda is to push the inflated numbers to infuriate enough people to grab law abiding citizens guns. Check this out.

"The Gun Violence Archive’s definition of “mass shooting,” used by the NYT, is a shooting that “involves four or more people injured or killed in a single event at the same time and location.”

The archive lumps in events like Sunday night’s mass murder — which left at least 58 people dead and 500 others wounded — with shootings that left zero people dead, like a Philadelphia bar fight in March that resulted in four people being wounded after a man pulled out a gun and started shooting."

Note no one uses the accurate data at the FBI...

"There were 40 active shooter situations accounting for 92 total deaths in 2014 and 2015, according to an FBI study released in 2016. The Gun Violence Archive claims there were 607 “mass shootings” over that same time period."

Now there's one hell of a difference there in totals eh?

NYT Uses Inflated Mass Shooting Numbers For Dramatic Editorial

-----------------------

Unbelievable.
Did you actually look at each of them? Did you notice that MOST of them are in Detroit, Philly, L.A. and Chicago? How many threads have you created that rail against inner city gangs? I already know the answer is 0, so spare us your fake outrage.

Forum List

Back