There goes those white supremacists again...

This time in Chicago. Surprise surprise. When will Barack go home and organize this community?

63 shot over weekend in Chicago; only long July 4th weekend more violent this year

So what is Trump doing about it besides talk..?

BONOBO had 8 years and did fuck all except make the inner city DEM run shit holes worse.
President Trump should also do fuck all for 8 years and then everyone is even right?

So in 8 years with Obama, Chicago had 6 years with less than 500 murders (by Reference, Reagan never got under 660. Bush Sr never got under 850. That's more years under 500 since they've been recording crime rates there. All 4 years of the lowest murder totals in the past 50 years have occured under Obama's presidency. So while we say it was "fuck all" the facts are that this year is on pace to eclipse the average year under Obama by about 100 murders or so in Chicago.

In fact the last president to sit in office with a lower average murder rate in his presidency was Harry Truman. Yes that's right, a guy who's mom didn't like how the Union Troops treated her during the war.

That's why I'm not going to just keep blaming the previous regime. If we want to do better we can't just complain and make excuses, but need to take action.

This time in Chicago. Surprise surprise. When will Barack go home and organize this community?

63 shot over weekend in Chicago; only long July 4th weekend more violent this year

So what is Trump doing about it besides talk..?

if he did anything he would be called hitler. Dont do anything and he still loses.

Yes, it is a difficult situation because BLM will come in crying any deaths are his fault...BUT. if it is played right and is done by the Mayor and Trump perhaps the swarm of BLM people will just STFU .
People like me in California/ or states are beginning to see just how horrible it really is getting to be.

But.. he needs to do it like Reagan did for the Berkeley riots, he needs to send in a huge huge group to stop it, not just a few..
Yes, some people hate Reagan for going in like that but they sure didn't hate what it stopped..

And someone else said that the cops in Chicago are crooked as hell, that needs to be took into..

He's not going to kiss the mayors ass like you libtards do.

Who is the president ? He is the one who is in charge of the chaos, he needs to get a handle on it..

So he should hang the mayor? Good suggestion!

It's called working together goofball.. Why is everything have to be a fight with you guys..

How President Trump and Mayor Emanuel can help combat violence in Chicago
Rahms idea of working together is sanctuary cities...BLM...and pigs in a blanket.

I know, you are coming up with some really great solutions aren't you? The people not in the gangs are scared to death to go outside of their homes I am sure and would welcome help..

Yes, it is a difficult situation because BLM will come in crying any deaths are his fault...BUT. if it is played right and is done by the Mayor and Trump perhaps the swarm of BLM people will just STFU .
People like me in California/ or states are beginning to see just how horrible it really is getting to be.

But.. he needs to do it like Reagan did for the Berkeley riots, he needs to send in a huge huge group to stop it, not just a few..
Yes, some people hate Reagan for going in like that but they sure didn't hate what it stopped..

And someone else said that the cops in Chicago are crooked as hell, that needs to be took into..

I think part of the problem is with social media and our news coverage, every murder is covered ten times as much. Every horrible act is covered so much more often. I mean violent crime according to the FBI dropped 15% since 2004. Property crime rates are about half of where they were when Bush Sr was in office.

When Reagan took office the murder rate was about 9.8%. When Bush Sr. left office it was about 9.7%. When Clinton left office it was about 5.7%. While Reagan stopped the riots that made the news, he didn't stop the violence. Some would point to Clinton's Crime Bill helping that rate drop so quickly, others would point to other socio-economic changes.

The point I want to make is we don't need to have people lie about this being the most violent time in 35 years or whatever, when it isn't and the FBI and other numbers clearly show it isn't. We don't need to make decisions based on what news coverage says the issue is when the actual numbers may show something different.

It's like the assault weapon ban. If you want to ban something that kills people, ban bed frames. More people in the US die from falling out of bed than rifles. If you want to ban a type of gun used most often in murders, that's handguns, and then shotguns. Heck, about 8 times more people are murdered with knives than are by semi automatic rifles. But that's not what gets on TV. So rather than quoting the media and polls, I'd rather we went and quoted the actual databases and used them as our baseline.

If the communities where those statues are on public property desire to remove them, that is their business.
You mean like the one in Durham NC where protestors tore it down without any approval by anyone but the ones tearing it down?

And someone else said that the cops in Chicago are crooked as hell, that needs to be took into.

I think part of the problem is with social media and our news coverage, every murder is covered ten times as much. Every horrible act is covered so much more often. I mean violent crime according to the FBI dropped 15% since 2004. Property crime rates are about half of where they were when Bush Sr was in office.

When Reagan took office the murder rate was about 9.8%. When Bush Sr. left office it was about 9.7%. When Clinton left office it was about 5.7%. While Reagan stopped the riots that made the news, he didn't stop the violence. Some would point to Clinton's Crime Bill helping that rate drop so quickly, others would point to other socio-economic changes.

The point I want to make is we don't need to have people lie about this being the most violent time in 35 years or whatever, when it isn't and the FBI and other numbers clearly show it isn't. We don't need to make decisions based on what news coverage says the issue is when the actual numbers may show something different.

It's like the assault weapon ban. If you want to ban something that kills people, ban bed frames. More people in the US die from falling out of bed than rifles. If you want to ban a type of gun used most often in murders, that's handguns, and then shotguns. Heck, about 8 times more people are murdered with knives than are by semi automatic rifles. But that's not what gets on TV. So rather than quoting the media and polls, I'd rather we went and quoted the actual databases and used them as our baseline.

I was talking about the out of control 1969 Berkeley Riots when Reagan became Governor..He of coarse had the power to call in help..
So far I am not sure what this Illinois governor is doing about it..

I don't think Trump has authority over the NG. That is up to the Governors. That's one factor that screwed us during Katrina. Blanco sat on her butt too long. Bush got the blame, though.

The Governor is a Republican..He is probably running for re-election. or doesn't want to stir the bee's nest..

I don't care what his party affiliation is. It is still the Governor in charge of the NG. Rules are the same for both parties.

Forum List

Back