There are no solutions for Iraq. Not anymore.

Isis has no air power Foo....yet they took Ramadi...50 miles from Baghdad.

Cheer the terrorists on Hoo! They are invincible in your hate-filled head. Quite the terrorist recruiting tool fool you are. They lost Tikrit and that's closer to Bagdad. They lost their big fight for Kobani. They took Ramada under cover of a sandstorm when the Iraq Army didn't fight.

So what was Obama supposed to do to save Ramadi, you have no clue do you. The Shiites and Sunnis who reject Daesh will take Ramadi back in due time. Tell me you want Americans to start dying in Iraq like they did when Bush was President. Tell me any kind of better plan.

To understand why there are no solutions, you have to understand what Bush and the Republicans did to Iraq to put that country in such a terrible position.

Not really.

I understand that Obama has been president for the past 6 years, but was never qualified for the job, and has completely screwed up Iraq during this period.

No he didn't. Bush and the Republicans totally screwed over Iraq before Obama was even inaugurated. It didn't matter who was president. The GOP's damage was already done.

You didn't address a single issue I brought up. Only "It's Obama's fault" and he wasn't even president when the damage occurred.
Yep every dem just left DC the whole time,not one dem voted for Iraq not one
What a simplton you are,you like being used like you are?

Chickenwing 11526874
Yep every dem just left DC the whole time,not one dem voted for Iraq not one. What a simplton you are,you like being used like you are?

Dems were correct in October 2002 give Bush the authority to use military force if Iraq did not let the UN inspectors back in. Iraq did let the inspectors in. It was not one single Dem in March 2003 that decided to kick the inspectors out and invade Iraq. Bush was going to invade Iraq anyway whether there was a specific authorization or not. The only potentual way prior to renewed inspections to avoid Bush's dumb invasion was to convince Saddam Hussein that if he did not let inspectors in he was going to be attacked because he saw the US Congress give Bush the authority to do it if inspection did not resume.

So SH let them in, but the "Decider" alone decided to kick them out. He consulted no Dems on my that horrendous decision.

There are 3 solutions. One is, Iraqis decides to have a democratic country where religion is separated from state, OR they get a strong dictator like Saddam lol, or do like Biden, (the RW "idiot")actually a very smart guy and foreign policy expert, and divide the way the ME should have been in the 20's....

To understand why there are no solutions, you have to understand what Bush and the Republicans did to Iraq to put that country in such a terrible position.

Of course, the invasion was the first problem. Iraq never attacked the United States. They didn't ask to be "freed". The saw us from the first as invaders, not liberators.

The most obvious is that Republicans and Bush had no idea there was a difference between Sunni and Shiite. All they saw were "Muslims". By not knowing the religions or the people, there was no understanding of what "not to do". So Republicans blundered into doing everything wrong they could possibly imagine.

Iraq had an active duty military of 250,000 and an inactive reserve of 500,000 making it one of the largest armies in the world. Bush and the Republicans fired them. Just let 250,000 armed and trained men go. Suddenly they had no jobs and no money for their families. But they still had their weapons and a new found hatred of the US.

If Bush and the GOP knew anything about the Iraqis, they never would have put Shiites into power thereby creating a sister state with Iran.

Republicans helped those Shiites author a right wing, extreme Islamic Constitution:

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution

The solution, which would take time, is to teach, train and advise a ground force. BUT, since they have the revenue - WE LET THEM pay for the training, uniforms, equipment and weapons.

But as with most all foreign armies - to include Vietnamese, Koreans, Czeckslovakia and others.....you have a security problem.

American commitment, long lasting in that particular region, well not set well for long with the voters....let alone the politicians and the media.

Iraq, Iran and others do have a fighting force, but that is for conventional ground fighting and not anti-terrorism. Anti-terrorism......for the most part is a science and a long drawn out process as described by David Kilcullen in a book he wrote ( I read it - got it from Military Book club ).

The book - "The Accidental Guerilla : Fighting small wars in the midst of a big one" ; details counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism and as I will describe the "pain in the Azz" it is to weed out terrorist and hidden adversaries. But in lesson; the host country has to have a foundation, the will to fight, and a willingness to listen and take advice.

There is a long list of items that has to be completed......to remove or eliminate an adversary.

There is a solution to the Middle East. But the proper solutions have to be mentioned.....and our politicians have to be willing to commit to those solutions.

Where I work, my department has a Safety responsibility, a Medical responsibility ( EMT's and Paramedics ), a Fire suppression responsibility ( we are Firemen also ), a Security responsibility ( entry and exit gates - sign in and sign out visitors - scale in semi tractor and trailers ). 3 entry and exit gates we cover, and we have 4 workers and a supervisor on shift. That does not even cover suppression duty where we have to do standby if one of our metal mills is down and we have to stay with the mill to do standby.

If we have an ambulance run - two leave the site to go to the hospital and that leaves only a skeleton crew onsite if another ambulance run occurs, or if a fire occurs. We use to have 5 subordinate ( blue shirts ) and a foreman on shift ; but we were reduced to 4 blue shirts and a foreman.....as we were told there was not enough money to put 5 + 1 ( foreman ) back on a shift. But our tasks, responsibilities and requirements grow, and if something goes wrong.......the blame comes to our department......even if we did not do it.

I understand......being understaffed.

Shadow 355

The US wants to control OPEC, and this will cause no end of problems.

In fact I think the right want the problems, it allows them to be tough and to call Democrats weak.

The US wants to control OPEC, and this will cause no end of problems.

In fact I think the right want the problems, it allows them to be tough and to call Democrats weak.

DT 11515824
I want to see your prediction that obams plan of strategic patience will defeat Isis ....doesn't look good at this juncture.

It isn't patience. You were dead wrong about Kobani. Air Strikes are strategic aggression. The patience is in getting locals to fight on the ground for their own security and safety. So you have no alternative plan to defeat Daesh terrorist scum. If you want to commit ground troops in a combat role to fight when some Iraqis won't just say so. If not you should just shut the condemnations of our side and glorification of the scum we are constantly killing with our superior air power.
Isis has no air power Foo....yet they took Ramadi...50 miles from Baghdad. Obama's strategy is to slow roll the situation so he can blame the next administration for the mess he created, just as he blames the last for his current failures.

Funny that in your sig you have "pull back from foreign entanglements" yet you don't like Obama's strategy. Really funny.

There are 3 solutions. One is, Iraqis decides to have a democratic country where religion is separated from state, OR they get a strong dictator like Saddam lol, or do like Biden, (the RW "idiot")actually a very smart guy and foreign policy expert, and divide the way the ME should have been in the 20's....

Who controls the oil in the 3 state solution?

DT 11515824
I want to see your prediction that obams plan of strategic patience will defeat Isis ....doesn't look good at this juncture.

It isn't patience. You were dead wrong about Kobani. Air Strikes are strategic aggression. The patience is in getting locals to fight on the ground for their own security and safety. So you have no alternative plan to defeat Daesh terrorist scum. If you want to commit ground troops in a combat role to fight when some Iraqis won't just say so. If not you should just shut the condemnations of our side and glorification of the scum we are constantly killing with our superior air power.
Isis has no air power Foo....yet they took Ramadi...50 miles from Baghdad. Obama's strategy is to slow roll the situation so he can blame the next administration for the mess he created, just as he blames the last for his current failures.

Funny that in your sig you have "pull back from foreign entanglements" yet you don't like Obama's strategy. Really funny.

Hey WB!!!

DT 11523064

They won't hold any place they take because they have no air power or air defense. Obama has no current failures. Bush agreed that all combat troops would be out by 2011 when he surrendered to Sadr and Maliki at the end of 2008.

I'd say divide it according to the population of each state.

The second step is to warn them we are unentangled but we remain lethal to their survival if they work against our interests. We won't breast feed them...but we will abort them.

I'd say divide it according to the population of each state.
The first thing the three states will do is go to war with each other over religious beliefs.

DT 12263094
The second step is to warn them we are unentangled but we remain lethal to their survival if they work against our interests. We won't breast feed them...but we will abort them.

Still the uneducated buffoon on Iraq you are I see.

(IraqiNews.com) The commander of the ninth brigade of the Peshmerga, Brigadier General Araz Abdel Qader, said on Saturday, that the Peshmerga forces had managed to secure the international road which links between Baghdad and Kirkuk provinces.

Abdul Qader said in an interview for IraqiNews.com, “The Peshmerga forces broke the aura around the ISIS organization in the operations to liberate the surroundings of Daquq District (40 km south of Kirkuk),” noting that “The operation resulted in the liberation of 10 villages.”

He stressed, “Yesterday, the operations resulted in securing the oil fields, Daquq District and the international road which links between Kirkuk and Baghdad, from any danger by ISIS.”

Peshmerga forces secure international road between Baghdad and Kirkuk - Iraqi News

You ISIS cheerleaders will lose Mosul once it is liberated from your precious Daesh terrorist scum.

Liberation of Mosul will be within months, says U.S. envoy John Allen
By Amre Sarhan -

Sep 13, 2015

Put the two together Delbert and think about what happens to your Party's number one clown when Obama gets to announce the liberation of Mosul at the start of the 2016 presidential election year.

Trump's on record saying ISIS took over Iraq's oil fields. What an idiot.

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump touted his foreign policy chops Wednesday, saying even as the "most militaristic" person in the world, he had the "vision" to oppose the war in Iraq.

"Unlike Jeb Bush, unlike the brother ... who you know got us into the whole war, I was totally opposed to the war," Trump told Jake Tapper on CNN's "The Lead" on Wednesday.

"I am the most militaristic person you will ever meet. However, you have to know when to go and when to use the military," he continued. "They used it at the wrong point, and I said there will be a total imbalance of the Middle East, Iran will take over Iraq, lots of bad people, like ISIS, will take over the oil, and that's exactly what happened."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/12/politics/donald-trump-most-militaristic- -war/

How could an idiot who claims in August 2015 to have predicted in 2003 "lots of bad people, like ISIS, will take over the oil, and that's exactly what happened." while we know the Fox News uneducated all probably believe ISIS did take over Iraq's oil.

Trump is dumber than Sarah Palin on Iraq:

(Donald Trump's plan to bomb Iraq's oil fields not a good ... - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/2015/07/10/.../donald-trump-fact-check-bomb-oil-fields-ira...
Jul 10, 2015 - Donald Trump wants to "bomb the hell" out of Iraq's oil fields in order to ... Bombing Iraq's oil fields would hurt Iraq more than ISIS, says military experts. ISIS does control some oil fields, but they are located in Syria, not Iraq.)

Military experts told Trump in July "ISIS does control some oil fields, but they are located in Syria, not Iraq". So Republican zanies pull the Trump doll string and he still says ISIS controls Iraq's oil in August.

Last edited:
Trump will send Obama to Iraq telling him, "you broke it, you bought it and don't think of coming back until its as stable as the Iraq you inherited"

Wow, looking at this thread from 2009 and seeing how right I was and how ignorant these right wingers still are is amazing.

Why is it so impossible for them to learn? I don't get it.

DT 12263108
The first thing the three states will do is go to war with each other over religious beliefs.

Why didn't you Dubya Wolfowitz Rummy Condit and Dick figure that out in February 2003 before getting 4484 U.S. Troops killed in the middle of your 'religious civil war' that Bush's invasion ignited? Didn't any of you know that we would not be greeted as liberators except by the Kurds who were already autonomous and no invasion was needed to liberate them?

Forum List

Back