The Wuhan/Democrat/ COVID Virus

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I can’t help but believe the Democrat Party played a hand in the development and distribution of the COVID virus .. they have such an affinity for the ends justifying the means when it comes to political power and devious means of gaining control.

I can’t help but believe the Democrat Party played a hand in the development and distribution of the COVID virus .. they have such an affinity for the ends justifying the means when it comes to political power and devious means of gaining control.
No. They didn't. Just like I don't think Republicans did. Or the Chinese government did (unless hard proof is offered), or unicorns, or Big Foot. :)

This all happened under Trump. He started the funding back up and he said it was all under control and not coming here.

China saw their global influence waning due to President Trump... they unleashed this virus thinking it would redial the world order and that it sure did.... the dems loved covid... they never wanted a vaccine and if they had their way they would love for covid to come back as strong as ever....

China saw their global influence waning due to President Trump... they unleashed this virus thinking it would redial the world order and that it sure did.... the dems loved covid... they never wanted a vaccine and if they had their way they would love for covid to come back as strong as ever....
Since a lot of Trump's gear was manufactured in China, what makes you say that? :auiqs.jpg:

Since a lot of Trump's gear was manufactured in China, what makes you say that? :auiqs.jpg:
Everything is made in China... including medicine safety gear automotive computer components.... I can go on and on....
We are way too comfortable with China making everything... and that will costs us again one day just like it did with ventilators and 3M masks.... or have you forgotten already in some kind of a marijuana haze....

Everything is made in China... including medicine safety gear automotive computer components.... I can go on and on....
We are way too comfortable with China making everything... and that will costs us again one day just like it did with ventilators and 3M masks.... or have you forgotten already in some kind of a marijuana haze....
Sorry. Don't smoke pot. Never have. Never will.
China makes a lot of goods because companies can make them cheap there and then sell them cheap here. Can't necessarily do that here (although it depends on the production cost of the good). And for years, all of us were OK with that. Including Trump.

China makes a lot of goods because companies can make them cheap there and then sell them cheap here. Can't necessarily do that here (although it depends on the production cost of the good). And for years, all of us were OK with that. Including Trump.

I go into a shoe store with the wife. I see all these shoes for $50 made in China or Vietnam or Indonesia. You can't tell me we can't profitably make shoes here for $50.

We can't make as much profit and it's a trade off that is not going to end well as you note.

I go into a shoe store with the wife. I see all these shoes for $50 made in China or Vietnam or Indonesia. You can't tell me we can't profitably make shoes here for $50.

We can't make as much profit and it's a trade off that is not going to end well as you note.
Labor cost. Plant cost. Taxes (even though a lot of companies get tax breaks).

Yes, we might be able to manufacture those shoes here, but the profit margin (as you pointed out) on them for the company would be almost nil.
That's not gonna sit well, even though companies have been recording record high profits.

I don't know how we can end this. All "solutions" seem to be a no win scenario.

Labor cost. Plant cost. Taxes (even though a lot of companies get tax breaks).

Yes, we might be able to manufacture those shoes here, but the profit margin (as you pointed out) on them for the company would be almost nil.
That's not gonna sit well, even though companies have been recording record high profits.

I don't know how we can end this. All "solutions" seem to be a no win scenario.

I refuse to believe we can not make $50 shoes profitably.

China makes some of our defense system chips... does that make you feel safe?...

I refuse to believe we can not make $50 shoes profitably.
That reminds me of a friend of mine that wanted to design and make his own line of work boots... after three years and hundreds of thousands of dollars he had to give it up... not due to employment costs but due to state federal and county government fees and regulation that China escapes....

China makes some of our defense system chips... does that make you feel safe?...
I don't feel "safe", or "not safe". It just is. Reality.
Demonizing China has been a recent thing with hordes of people just looking for somewhere to place the blame for COVID.

The reality is that chips have been manufactured in China for years. And until recently, we were OK with it.
The CHIPS act may change that, but that is still a decade (or more) away.

I don't feel "safe", or "not safe". It just is. Reality.
Demonizing China has been a recent thing with hordes of people just looking for somewhere to place the blame for COVID.

The reality is that chips have been manufactured in China for years. And until recently, we were OK with it.
The CHIPS act may change that, but that is still a decade (or more) away.
China brings it on themselves with their actions... they want to be the single leader and super power of the world and we stand in their way... they do not care about our market place... they will own it one way or the other... I can only hope we never live in a CCP dominated world...
We have no more poker chips left....

That reminds me of a friend of mine that wanted to design and make his own line of work boots... after three years and hundreds of thousands of dollars he had to give it up... not due to employment costs but due to state federal and county government fees and regulation that China escapes....

Anecdotal examples make the rule.

Democrats seem to be purposefully undermining America in so many ways open borders Democrats, national debt Democrats, crumpling military Democrats, crumbling judiciary Democrat, riots Democrats, promoting racial disharmony Democrats, the list is far more ponderous and lacks any signs of a Democrat driven positive direction.. It’s almost like they’re driven by a force outside America.

Not in this case... its obvious that other nations we do business with do not have to follow our regulations and pay our required fees... its more than just payroll costs....
Greed is running the show and that is not a good or safe thing ever....

Forum List

Back