The Witcher (Netflix)

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
If you're a fan of Game of Thrones or other similar type fantasy settings then this show is a must watch.
Just finished the first episode and holy shit what a good job they did bringing this to life. They got the perfect cast and Henry Cavill plays Geralt PERFECTLY. He even sounds like Geralt form the video games.
It is a VERY violent show so don't watch it with children around. The combat is visceral and choreographed very well.
And the monsters are done so well it's hard to tell what's CGI and what's practical.

Some of the costumes looked a bit cheap but that really is my only negative after watching the first episode.

9/10

If you tune in be prepared to watch the moment you start it because it doesn't fuck around lol

I haven't watched it, but I did just buy a Witcher video game for the first time recently. So far the writing is amazing. If the writing on the show is half as good I'll definitely check it out.

with respect....Netflix which is owned by the Obamas....is a NO NO for me.

No.

LMFAO, so Reed Hastings the founder, CEO & main stockholder of Netflix is one of the Obama's now?

Of course. It's kinda like if some ANTIFA fag in bumfuck Iowa attacks somebody George Soros obviously paid them. If somebody who shook hands with Hillary at a rally once dies it's because the Clintons had them murdered. :lol:

No.

LMFAO, so Reed Hastings the founder, CEO & main stockholder of Netflix is one of the Obama's now?

Of course. It's kinda like if some ANTIFA fag in bumfuck Iowa attacks somebody George Soros obviously paid them. If somebody who shook hands with Hillary at a rally once dies it's because the Clintons had them murdered. :lol:

See. Those things you just said are all true. Bad choice of comparisons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an FYI for those who start watching it.
The show has major time wraps(flashbacks) that are unannounced and confusing because no matter the decade they jump to the Witcher always looks exactly the same.
Can be really confusing till you catch on.

No.
Not even close.
The largest amount of stock in Netflix is held by:
Reed Hastings, CEO and founder
Neil D. Hunt, former Chief Product Officer
Ted Sarandos, Netflix's Chief Content Officer
Most the rest of the shares are held by mutual funds, Vanguard Funds being the largest holder.

The Top 3 Netflix Shareholders (NFLX)

Watched the entire season and the time jumps were annoying for me but will wait for next season...

Witcher and Game of Thrones are both fantasy, but very different shows. Witcher is more of a traditional sword and sorcery style setting, more action based, and revolves around fewer truly main characters.

I certainly enjoyed the show and would recommend it, but I wouldn’t be surprised to find that many GoT fans don’t care for it, or that many Wichrr fans didn’t care for GoT.

Witcher and Game of Thrones are both fantasy, but very different shows. Witcher is more of a traditional sword and sorcery style setting, more action based, and revolves around fewer truly main characters.

I certainly enjoyed the show and would recommend it, but I wouldn’t be surprised to find that many GoT fans don’t care for it, or that many Wichrr fans didn’t care for GoT.
I watched the first episode. I agree, people that enjoyed Game of Thrones and other series of that genre would likely enjoy the series. Don't know if I will continue with it since I don't want to get hooked on another series.

We watched one episode... okay I guess.
The main character actor is not that good of an actor. IMO - he was chosen more for his chiseled good looks than ability to act.
In contrast, the main character actor in Vikings was 10 times better than this guy, and half as good looking.
Equally the actor in The Tutors, Jonathan Myers...again 50 times better.
I think they should have chosen someone more for their acting ability than super good looks.

Forum List

Back