The WEF is coming after our coffee next

If that is the case then eventually the coffee industry ceases to exist and it will happen naturally. No draconian orders from any government or any quasi-government authority will be necessary to accomplish that. Meanwhile I will continue to enjoy my morning coffee.
Yup. But, as I pointed out earlier, the WEF wasn't telling anyone to stop drinking coffee. They were simply warning us that we will eventually have no more coffee to drink.

i'm gonna start a 'BPM' <pigs> movement then....

View attachment 892905

~S~
. . . and from that chart I posted at that beginning of the thread? These are much better for the environment than farming prawns. . . .

iu

:eusa_think:

. . . maybe easier too?

Yup. But, as I pointed out earlier, the WEF wasn't telling anyone to stop drinking coffee. They were simply warning us that we will eventually have no more coffee to drink.
If that happens it happens. And no force on Earth is likely to stop it from happening. Thousands and probably millions of plant and animal species no longer exist due to inevitable climate change and other forces that are constantly altering the environments we all live in. And the vast majority of those, humans had absolutely no effect on.`

But the additional information I posted, including WEF's own information, suggests they are studying ways to keep coffee production viable and I suspect coffee will continue to be a staple for many of the world's cultures in the foreseeable future.

And THAT is what the world effort should be focused on, i.e. researching and studying ways for humankind to effectively and responsibly adapt to inevitable climate change while maintaining quality of life. All the world efforts, resources, energies to change the existing climate have produced nothing but aggravation for those of us affected and ignores most of the world population.

If that happens it happens. And no force on Earth is likely to stop it from happening. Thousands and probably millions of plant and animal species no longer exist due to inevitable climate change and other forces that are constantly altering the environments we all live in. And the vast majority of those, humans had absolutely no effect on.`
Over the entire history of life, of course, that is true. Over the course of the last few hundred years, it is not. Humans are responsible for an extinction rate many times normal.
But the additional information I posted, including WEF's own information, suggests they are studying ways to keep coffee production viable and I suspect coffee will continue to be a staple for many of the world's cultures in the foreseeable future.
Everyone likes coffee.
And THAT is what the world effort should be focused on, i.e. researching and studying ways for humankind to effectively and responsibly adapt to inevitable climate change while maintaining quality of life. All the world efforts, resources, energies to change the existing climate have produced nothing but aggravation for those of us affected and ignores most of the world population.
Is there some reason we can't do both? Work to solve the problem and adapt as needed while we do?

Over the entire history of life, of course, that is true. Over the course of the last few hundred years, it is not. Humans are responsible for an extinction rate many times normal.

Everyone likes coffee.

Is there some reason we can't do both? Work to solve the problem and adapt as needed while we do?

The best reason not to do it is to not throw away/waste precious limited resources.

All the world summits and presumably most knowledgeable minds on the planet, all the trillions spent, all the wind farms, all the solar fields, all the efforts to reduce use of fossil fuels, all the mandates for more energy efficient appliances, EVs, all the other green initiatives have not made one measurable whit's difference in the climate. All that time, energy, resources, hard earned cash or debt piled on society has likely been totally wasted.

Maybe it's time to stop trying to control Mother Nature and focus our time, brain power, energies, resources in learning how to best adapt to compatibly live with her inevitable cycles and the other living things on the planet.

All the world summits and presumably most knowledgeable minds on the planet, all the trillions spent, all the wind farms, all the solar fields, all the efforts to reduce use of fossil fuels, all the mandates for more energy efficient appliances, EVs, all the other green initiatives have not made one measurable whit's difference in the climate. All that time, energy, resources, hard earned cash or debt piled on society has likely been totally wasted.
This is not true. But the amount of excess warming we are suffering is dependent on the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. As I've noted CO2 has a long lifespan in the atmosphere, well over a century. We have cut down the rate of emissions but we are still adding billions of tons every year. We will see no improvement till the amount actually starts coming DOWN.
Maybe it's time to stop trying to control Mother Nature and focus our time, brain power, energies, resources in learning how to best adapt to compatibly live with her and the other living things on the planet.
And how would you do that? Do you think you can adapt all the world's plant and animal species to higher temperatures and different foods? Do you think you can stash the contents of the world's glaciers in a big tank somewhere? Do you think you can keep the AMOC running with big pumps? The simplest approach is the most direct approach and that is to stop burning fossil fuels. I'm sorry if that's slow, but we spent 150 years getting ourselves into this mess. We're not going to get out in the next week or two.

This is not true. But the amount of excess warming we are suffering is dependent on the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. As I've noted CO2 has a long lifespan in the atmosphere, well over a century. We have cut down the rate of emissions but we are still adding billions of tons every year. We will see no improvement till the amount actually starts coming DOWN.

And how would you do that? Do you think you can adapt all the world's plant and animal species to higher temperatures and different foods? Do you think you can stash the contents of the world's glaciers in a big tank somewhere? Do you think you can keep the AMOC running with big pumps? The simplest approach is the most direct approach and that is to stop burning fossil fuels. I'm sorry if that's slow, but we spent 150 years getting ourselves into this mess. We're not going to get out in the next week or two.
I think we have a much more realistic chance and opportunity to learn how to adapt to inevitable climate change than we have any power to change the climate.

Open your eyes. You have 'em but you don't use them. BTW, what evidence do you have that Trump is going to weaponize it? Hypocrite.
I can't tell the future so I don't KNOW what Trump is going to do but he has threatened a number of different people a number of times with legal prosecution from the DoJ if he gets reelected. This made the news. Did you not see it? He is blatantly threatening to weaponize the DoJ.

As for Biden, since you say that he HAS weaponized the DoJ, I want to know on what evidence you base that conclusion; specifically what do you believe he has done? That Trump is being prosecuted is not evidence. It is extremely lilkely that Trump DID commit crimes and thus his prosecution is fully justified. Do you have evidence of direction from Biden to the DoJ? Do you have evidence that Trump is being charged with crimes he patently did not commit? What have you got. Don't tell me to open my eyes. Tell me what you think I should be seeing.

Last edited:
I can't tell the future so I don't KNOW what Trump is going to do but he has threatened a number of different people a number of times with legal prosecution from the DoJ if he gets reelected. This made the news. Did you not see it? He is blatantly threatening to weaponize the DoJ.

As for Biden, since you say that he HAS weaponized the DoJ, I want to know on what evidence you base that conclusion; specifically what do you believe he has done? That Trump is being prosecuted is not evidence. It is extremely lilkely that Trump DID commit crimes and thus his prosecution is fully justified. Do you have evidence of direction from Biden to the DoJ? Do you have evidence that Trump is being charged with crimes he patently did not commit? What have you got. Don't tell me to open my eyes. Tell me what you think I should be seeing.
A simple unjaundiced eye to the treatment of both parties re: MAL documents and Biden documents is a prime example. But you don't have an unjaundiced eye so you won't see it. Thanks for making my point. Weaponized DOJ.

You have STILL failed to identify actual evidence that Biden has weaponized the DoJ.

Documents at Biden's residence were discovered by his legal staff. There is NO indication that Biden was aware of their presence or that they had been hidden or knowingly handled.

The Biden administration immediately notified NARA and the FBI of the documents and fully cooperated in a search of the property.

Biden never claimed that any of the documents were his property or his right to retain.

Biden never hid any of the documents

Biden consistently treated the documents as classified documents are required to be treated

Trump had massively more documents than did Biden

Trump was actively aware of the documents and engaged several uncleared employees to handle them extensively

Trump ignored multiple requests from NARA to return government documents

Trump failed to protect confidential, secret, top secret, national security and SCI documents as regulations and statutes require.

Trump attempted to hide those documents from his own lawyers and from the FBI

A binder filled with SCI HUMINTEL material covering the investigation into potential collusion between Trump and Russia last known to be in the possession of Mark Meadows, has gone missing.

Trump has made numerous, utterly false claims that the documents were declassified

Trump has made numerous, utterly false claims that the documents were his property according to the Presidential Records Act

Do you dispute any of these items because they clearly indicate Trump willfully and knowingly violated the Espionage Act; that he stole and resisted efforts to restore classified material to which he had no right whatsoever and that Biden did not?

Can you identify ANY evidence indicating Biden actually took ANY action to weaponize the DoJ in this case or any other?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back