The Way Ahead *(youtube)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This is a great WW2 propaganda film following a troop of conscripts through training and into action following Dunkirk.

David Niven is the big name but its an ensemble piece with some great british character actors of the age.

The action scenes at the end are quite realistic for the time. Ordinary people in extraordinary situations.

Its free and worth a watch. I dont think it would have been showni in the States.

This is a great WW2 propaganda film following a troop of conscripts through training and into action following Dunkirk.

David Niven is the big name but its an ensemble piece with some great british character actors of the age.

The action scenes at the end are quite realistic for the time. Ordinary people in extraordinary situations.

Its free and worth a watch. I dont think it would have been showni in the States.

You would be wrong. It was shown in the States as well. "Their's is the Glory" is my personal favorite. Filmed in 1946 ON THE ACTUAL battlefield, and starring the real men who fought the battle. Terrible acting, but that doesn't matter a hill of beans.

You would be wrong. It was shown in the States as well. "Their's is the Glory" is my personal favorite. Filmed in 1946 ON THE ACTUAL battlefield, and starring the real men who fought the battle. Terrible acting, but that doesn't matter a hill of beans.
I5t was part of a series of films on the various services.
In which we serve (navy) was perhaps the best.
The Way to the Stars was the RAF film. All good.

Forum List

Back