The war on poverty

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
If the goal was to create more poor we've been astoundingly successful.

If the goal was to allow the poor to spend their own money on material objects instead of job training or schooling we've succeeded. Subsidized flat screen tv's, smart phones & gaming consoles for all.

If the goal was to make it possible to survive while contributing nothing to that survival we've succeeded.

If the goal was to widen the gap between the rich & the poor by making being poor so easy we've succeeded.

Subsidized housing
Free food
Free healthcare
Subsidized utilities
Free phones
Cash handouts

Why work? Being poor frees up my time to do what I want to do rather than what I need to do.

Ps. I don't hate the poor. I despise the lazy. And there's a big difference between being down on hard times and being lazy. Also im not suggesting that everyone poor is abusing the system but ALOT are.

Maybe all of you zealous fans of the so-called 'free markets' should have been more careful what you wished for.

Most of that 'stuff' you're accusing the poor people of buying could have been built here,

by jobs that many of those poor people would have.

• Banned
Maybe all of you zealous fans of the so-called 'free markets' should have been more careful what you wished for.

Most of that 'stuff' you're accusing the poor people of buying could have been built here,

Because the GOP is responsible for the low cost of labor in China. :cuckoo:

A hell of a lot of people on assistance work, hard, as you must know by now seeing as how you only sing this one tired old song over and over. When you finally admit all that then you see that social programs have become subsidies for low wages and it will all make perfect sense, you look at it as a burden on you while enjoying the low, low prices at Walmart never even making the connection that many of those "losers" in the blue vests working their asses off could not possibly afford to work there on the pitiful wages alone. Walmart alone could takes hundreds of thousands of people off food stamps with a modest pay bump, not that they would do it of course. Working has to be somewhat rewarding or what's the use? No one should have to work what used to be an entry level job for years but I'm here to tell you that it's the new normal, get used it just like all those poor souls that cannot really afford to work and certainly cannot afford to quit.

• Banned
A hell of a lot of people on assistance work, hard, as you must know by now seeing as how you only sing this one tired old song over and over. When you finally admit all that then you see that social programs have become subsidies for low wages and it will all make perfect sense, you look at it as a burden on you while enjoying the low, low prices at Walmart never even making the connection that many of those "losers" in the blue vests working their asses off could not possibly afford to work there on the pitiful wages alone. Walmart alone could takes hundreds of thousands of people off food stamps with a modest pay bump, not that they would do it of course. Working has to be somewhat rewarding or what's the use? No one should have to work what used to be an entry level job for years but I'm here to tell you that it's the new normal, get used it just like all those poor souls that cannot really afford to work and certainly cannot afford to quit.

Can you read? I stated that this doesn't apply to all poor. I also don't goto Walmart. Got nothing against it but I don't shop there.

Can you read? I stated that this doesn't apply to all poor. I also don't goto Walmart. Got nothing against it but I don't shop there.

Well what's your beef then? You post this bitch all the time here and I do not believe you to be a mean person but understand you are siding with people who are cruel and mean and do not care about things like starving children or homeless people and have no desire to do a damned thing about it if it costs anything. I do not know your circumstances (save it, I don't want to know) but the well-intentioned war on poverty has in some states turned into a full-blown war on the poor, even you could end up on rock bottom and would not like to be on the receiving end of the cold-hearted policies many conservatives support.

• Banned

Well what's your beef then? You post this bitch all the time here and I do not believe you to be a mean person but understand you are siding with people who are cruel and mean and do not care about things like starving children or homeless people and have no desire to do a damned thing about it if it costs anything. I do not know your circumstances (save it, I don't want to know) but the well-intentioned war on poverty has in some states turned into a full-blown war on the poor, even you could end up on rock bottom and would not like to be on the receiving end of the cold-hearted policies many conservatives support.

I believe in my time here I have created 2, maybe 3 threads on this subject, including this one. That hardly constitutes all the time.

And I came from the poor. As poor as one can be and I still dug myself out of it without government handouts.

Who's talking about the GOP? I'm talking about the people who think that it makes America a better place when American labor has to compete against places where they pay wages that no American could live on.

I believe in my time here I have created 2, maybe 3 threads on this subject, including this one. That hardly constitutes all the time.

And I came from the poor. As poor as one can be and I still dug myself out of it without government handouts.

Well bully for you then, congratulations and so forth, not everyone is you. I came from about as poor as people could get in the 1960s, and with much despair I see that the ability to work up from rock bottom gets harder and harder every year. Any time now it will simply be impossible to better one's self by honorable means. Allowing the slope to get that slippery at the bottom is the greatest failure of the "war on poverty" and it was not the government that did it, social programs kind of keep up with the cost of living, it was the big employers of America not doing their part to keep wages at a level where a person could keep his head above water or even get ahead and instead abandoning us for third world slaves. Jobs suck these days, what do you think you could do to get these "lazy" people to go out and get one that does not even cover rent and power?

Who's talking about the GOP? I'm talking about the people who think that it makes America a better place when American labor has to compete against places where they pay wages that no American could live on.

Not in the manner to which they've become accustomed, at any rate.

Nobody in the media ever brings up that under Obama we have the highest poverty rate since 1965. Government doesn't bring people out of poverty, freedom does.

Forum List

Back