The Walking Dead Season 5

The writers aren't that familiar with prisons imo. Those places all have shops, welding gear etc. The prison could have been better fortified with a little effort. Tree lines should have been pushed back. Something along the lines of old fire bases in Viet Nam.

For the walkers a simple front end loader would do the trick.

When Rick killed that walker with his bare hands, squishing his hand into the rotting head and popping the walkers braingoop all over himself. Ricktatorship indeed.

I believe what he did was shoved the pistol deep into the walker's head and then fired it, which caused the head to act a bit like a silencer. I don't think he just popped the brain with his hand.

When Rick killed that walker with his bare hands, squishing his hand into the rotting head and popping the walkers braingoop all over himself. Ricktatorship indeed.

I believe what he did was shoved the pistol deep into the walker's head and then fired it, which caused the head to act a bit like a silencer. I don't think he just popped the brain with his hand.

Oh I totally didn't get that, I thought he did it w/his hands. Will have to rewatch. Ewww!

Oh I totally didn't get that, I thought he did it w/his hands. Will have to rewatch. Ewww!
Yep, bright flash from eyes, mouth, and nose as the goop went everywhere.

Yep, bright flash from eyes, mouth, and nose as the goop went everywhere.

Ah, I seriously closed my eyes because I knew that shit was going to land in Rick's mouth. Missed the flash! lol

How about a nice medieval castle with a moat? Think Reign Of Fire movie. Problem is...it ain't the zombies that one should be concerned about. Its Terminus Type people one needs to worry about.

I agree with that. I would be much more concerned with the people who can think and plan than the stupid zombies.

Last Talking Dead, the head producer stated the zombies would be the bigger threat.

How about a nice medieval castle with a moat? Think Reign Of Fire movie. Problem is...it ain't the zombies that one should be concerned about. Its Terminus Type people one needs to worry about.

I agree with that. I would be much more concerned with the people who can think and plan than the stupid zombies.

Last Talking Dead, the head producer stated the zombies would be the bigger threat.

We were just talking about what you would be more concerned with, security wise, if such a situation existed. More than likely, the people who can think and plan. The zombies don't even know to climb a fence! They're so stupid . . . and kind of slow. :D I would be much more concerned with the bad people.

Well, I don't see why they can't do the same at the place they're at now.

They could, of course.

All things being equal, however, I think thick concrete walls surrounded by trenches and barbed wire are a better bet for long-term survival than a few suburban homes and a thin wall made of sheet metal surrounded by the same. ;)

I think it is easier to monitor a smaller area. A prison is good, but not impenetrable either, as the govna proved. All he had to do was drive a truck through the fence. A fence always needs repairs and is probably easier to penetrate. Also, I don't think those walls are "sheet metal." I think they are solid steel, and they look to be quite thick. With a few adjustments, I think they could make it a very safe place. That's just my opinion though. I would stay there and try to beef it up as much as possible. Move the supports to the inside, they could even double up on the walls. They could put a fence with barbed wire around the walls that already exist. I think there are a lot of things that they could do instead of taking the chance of moving again.

To each their own.

Personally, however, I'd go for something as near to a castle as I could get. :D

Another thing about the prison. A chain link fence is certainly not impenetrable if you are concerned about the people and not the zombies. All a person would have to do is go there at night and snip it and make a whole. They're in. :D

Well, technically, I was suggesting taking a prison, and building a wall like Alexandria has (in addition to the trenches, barbed wire, moats, and etca we were discussing) around it. ;)

Well before, we were talking about a prison with a perimeter fence. That wouldn't really help to keep any people out is all I was saying. I just didn't feel like going back and finding the relevant posts. ;) For the zombies, a fence is good though, as long as you keep it well maintained. The zombies are dumb as hell. :lol:

The zombies are brain dead except for the stem. They do not have the concept of emotions. That part of the brain is dead. The stem part focuses on just eating. Just constant hunger. One focus. Food. Not climbing, not plotting, not planning. They are not dumb. They are dead and the only thing that keeps the limbs moving is the hunger. Period. Nothing else. The real danger is other people NOT dead.

Probably from being herded by live people to use as an army to take control of established safe zones.

I think you all underestimate the danger of zombies. :lol:

They are slow, and dumb, but they do not tire, they can't be reasoned with, they can't be scared off, and if you don't get them in just the right spot, they keep coming. They also can come in giant herds, as we've seen in the show.

The living certainly could pose more of a threat, but that's an iffy threat, as you never know how many living people might be around or what their intentions might be. There's no doubt that there are tons and tons of zombies around all the time, and they only have one intention. ;)

We were just talking about what you would be more concerned with, security wise, if such a situation existed. More than likely, the people who can think and plan. The zombies don't even know to climb a fence! They're so stupid . . . and kind of slow. :D I would be much more concerned with the bad people.

If you are talking about that metal fence around Alexandria I would be more fearful of humans. I don't think any herd could knock over the Alexandria fence, but one human being could blow it up.

However, if a million zombie herd waited patiently outside your gates, then you are trapped in a cage like a rat!

Prediction: We see the infamous herd!

Herd - Walking Dead Wiki
The herd are later encountered by the people of the Alexandria Safe-Zone in issue 79. The herd proceeds to surround the Safe-Zone leaving the survivors trapped inside. Eventually the herd break through the Safe-Zone's walls and start to devour many of the residents including Tobin and Douglas Monroe. When Carl is shot in the face and injured, Rick makes a final stand with the other survivors. They manage to repel and kill the herd and learn that the undead are a manageable threat.

The zombies are brain dead except for the stem. They do not have the concept of emotions. That part of the brain is dead. The stem part focuses on just eating. Just constant hunger. One focus. Food. Not climbing, not plotting, not planning. They are not dumb. They are dead and the only thing that keeps the limbs moving is the hunger. Period. Nothing else. The real danger is other people NOT dead.

Zombies are not real! :D Lol. No brain = stupid.

Forum List

Back