The unsustainability of "green" energy

You have no idea what will be in 70 years, stop fooling yourself.
Sure I do, Wind Power is essentially, "propeller" technology. We have over a 100 years developing propellers. What great technological advance do you think we missed in over a 100 years?

Solar Technology? Sure, cells can get better, maybe? There is a physical limit you will reach, but either way, they take 10's of thousands of miles, and they need to be washed with water, to keep them clean, otherwise they do not work as good, and as we know water is scarce where solar is good.

And to further throw a wrench in your dream, both technologies require Oil to be built. Wind Power requires Coal, as does Solar power. Any place you find metal, that metal is made with Coal.

Using more Oil and Coal now, to produce Solar and Wind Power, kind of shows Solar and Wind are not part of a solution, but are in fact the problem.

Green technologies are heading in the right direction environment-wise, price-wise and in sustainability. Fossil fuels are simply running out. What then?
When you run out of Fossil Fuel you can not build and replace Solar Panels or Wind Turbines.

Green Technologies increase the use of Fossil Fuels, Green Technologies are now a problem.

Sure I do, Wind Power is essentially, "propeller" technology. We have over a 100 years developing propellers. What great technological advance do you think we missed in over a 100 years?

Solar Technology? Sure, cells can get better, maybe? There is a physical limit you will reach, but either way, they take 10's of thousands of miles, and they need to be washed with water, to keep them clean, otherwise they do not work as good, and as we know water is scarce where solar is good.

And to further throw a wrench in your dream, both technologies require Oil to be built. Wind Power requires Coal, as does Solar power. Any place you find metal, that metal is made with Coal.

Using more Oil and Coal now, to produce Solar and Wind Power, kind of shows Solar and Wind are not part of a solution, but are in fact the problem.
What is it about progress that you're against? Have 9 generations of your family all worked in coal plants or something?

Green technologies are heading in the right direction environment-wise, price-wise and in sustainability. Fossil fuels are simply running out. What then?
When you run out of Fossil Fuel you can not build and replace Solar Panels or Wind Turbines.

Green Technologies increase the use of Fossil Fuels, Green Technologies are now a problem.
Ok, let's go with your premise that we stop green technologies because they waste too much fossil fuel. So what do you do when the fossil fuel runs out, since you haven't been trying to develop anything else? :dunno:

What is it about progress that you're against? Have 9 generations of your family all worked in coal plants or something?
Progress, spending more to get less is not progress. Spending more, building the largest structures in the World while producing less power is a step backwards.
Some of the largest structures in the world are dams to produce hydro power. You have a problem with hydro power?

Ok, let's go with your premise that we stop green technologies because they waste too much fossil fuel. So what do you do when the fossil fuel runs out, since you haven't been trying to develop anything else? :dunno:
When, and if Fossil fuel runs out we are in serious trouble.Building Solar and Wind increase the use of Oil. Using Oil at a greater rate is hardly a solution to save oil.

Progress, spending more to get less is not progress. Spending more, building the largest structures in the World while producing less power is a step backwards.
Some of the largest structures in the world are dams to produce hydro power. You have a problem with hydro power?
Yes, I have a problem with Hydro Power, Venezuela has a huge problem with Hydro Power. As does Brazil, it destroys the rivers, hence the fish, and now in times of drought Venezuela and Brazil are suffering power shortages.

The prices are coming down. Plus, you have to add the massive amounts of pollution that fossil fuel fired power plants emit. Doesn't that bother you?
That's the problem, we must increase the use of fossil fuels to build solar and wind power. So weak is solar and wind, forever we must increase the manufacturing, all day, all night, forever. Even now we have begun replacing older solar and wind that are failing, so along with new construction we have replacements to manufacture.

Solar and Wind are proven failures, your technological breakthrough is to build them bigger, and to build more.

Yes I care about pollution, now account for yours.
I own 60 acres of forested land around my house that pulls out way more pollution out of the air than I can ever hope to create.

What kinds of pollution are your trees pulling out of the air?
Geez, people around here sure can be dumb sometimes. Look it up, fool.

I Googled "Mudda's silly claim about pollution" and didn't find any info.
Why don't you explain your claim?

The prices are coming down. Plus, you have to add the massive amounts of pollution that fossil fuel fired power plants emit. Doesn't that bother you?
That's the problem, we must increase the use of fossil fuels to build solar and wind power. So weak is solar and wind, forever we must increase the manufacturing, all day, all night, forever. Even now we have begun replacing older solar and wind that are failing, so along with new construction we have replacements to manufacture.

Solar and Wind are proven failures, your technological breakthrough is to build them bigger, and to build more.

I own 60 acres of forested land around my house that pulls out way more pollution out of the air than I can ever hope to create.

Dude wanted to know what kind of pollution trees pull out of the air. I told him to google it, he'll get all the info he needs.

Yes, I have a problem with Hydro Power, Venezuela has a huge problem with Hydro Power. As does Brazil, it destroys the rivers, hence the fish, and now in times of drought Venezuela and Brazil are suffering power shortages.
Just because those countries are fucked up doesn't mean hydro power doesn't work properly elsewhere. Look at Vegas as one example. No hydro, no city.

When, and if Fossil fuel runs out we are in serious trouble.Building Solar and Wind increase the use of Oil. Using Oil at a greater rate is hardly a solution to save oil.
Ok, so you have no solution to offer, so why don't you just let those who do have an idea to go ahead with their work so your lights will stay on when the fossil fuels run out?

Dude wanted to know what kind of pollution trees pull out of the air. I told him to google it, he'll get all the info he needs.

You claimed your trees are pulling pollution out of the air.

Why won't you share the secret of your magic trees?

And how the frick does mining coal kill plants?!? You do realize that coal is in mines and underground (where there are no plants).
A lot of coal mining these days is open pit mining, anyways even underground, the coal plant's footprint killed a hell of a lot of plant life. Much bigger than a solar farm, that's for sure. Then throw in the generating plant? It's no contest, you lose.
You're technologies are killing birds and plant life, create next to zero energy, and cost an ungodly amount of money. It's no contest. You lose.
Unfortunately, you had already lost. Please try again.
You're technologies are killing birds and plant life, create next to zero energy, and cost an ungodly amount of money. It's no contest. You lost the moment you decided to eschew reality in favor of absurd liberal idealism.
They aren't "running out". At all. And so far, "green" technology isn't heading in any direction. It's been in the same stalled/failed state since the 1970's. Only now it's killing plants and birds.

Ok, so you have no solution to offer, so why don't you just let those who do have an idea to go ahead with their work so your lights will stay on when the fossil fuels run out?
Gladly. So long as it occurs in the private sector where it belongs. If it needs government subsidizing, it's a failed concept and it's time to move on.

Right? Here you sit fully supporting a failed energy solution which is killing birds, killing plant life, creating next to zero energy, and cost an ungodly amount of money. People around here sure can be dumb sometimes.
Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

Guess who the OP is? :lol:
If it's so "dumb" why are you incapable of disputing anything? :lol:

Only a libtard could refer to failure as "progress" :slap:

Ironically - I had to explain this to you earlier while you were whining about CO2.

A lot of coal mining these days is open pit mining, anyways even underground, the coal plant's footprint killed a hell of a lot of plant life. Much bigger than a solar farm, that's for sure. Then throw in the generating plant? It's no contest, you lose.
You're technologies are killing birds and plant life, create next to zero energy, and cost an ungodly amount of money. It's no contest. You lose.
Unfortunately, you had already lost. Please try again.
You're technologies are killing birds and plant life, create next to zero energy, and cost an ungodly amount of money. It's no contest. You lost the moment you decided to eschew reality in favor of absurd liberal idealism.
They aren't "running out". At all. And so far, "green" technology isn't heading in any direction. It's been in the same stalled/failed state since the 1970's. Only now it's killing plants and birds.
Fossil fuels kill more people every year than wars, murders, and traffic accidents combined

Forum List

Back