The Underground Railway

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Its a series not a film.

Ive watched the first episode and I found it hard work. The sound quality is so poor I have to have the volume up to the max.
But the images do tell their own story. It has been well received over here and I will persevere with this.

Have you seen it yet ?

No

But BLM told me that all the white republicans who organized and executed the "railroad" were racist, and should have supported the democrats aka the confederacy....
When are you going to acknowledge that the two parties switched stands on social issues like race? This fact is widely known. If I had lived in the 1860s, I might have been a Republican supporter, although female people were denied participation in democracy at that time in this "free" land, and assisted enslaved persons to freedom, but the political parties have changed places while the ethics that motivate us remain the same.

No

But BLM told me that all the white republicans who organized and executed the "railroad" were racist, and should have supported the democrats aka the confederacy....
Everyone who came out in defense of the the various confederate memorials willingly inherited their legacy all the way down the line. That's the hard right, welcome to the confederate party.

Its a series not a film.

Ive watched the first episode and I found it hard work. The sound quality is so poor I have to have the volume up to the max.
But the images do tell their own story. It has been well received over here and I will persevere with this.

Have you seen it yet ?
Looks like it might be good. Is this the first season?

Its a series not a film.

Have you seen it yet ?
I think so. I caught an interview with the Director the other day but after I had seen the first episode. Its not the standard narrative and has some quirks in it. I started thinking that I had missed something when I was watching it. I think that I will start from scratch when I have the house to myself and I am not annoying Mrs T.

No

When are you going to acknowledge that the two parties switched stands on social issues like race? This fact is widely known. If I had lived in the 1860s, I might have been a Republican supporter, although female people were denied participation in democracy at that time in this "free" land, and assisted enslaved persons to freedom, but the political parties have changed places while the ethics that motivate us remain the same.

They never flipped. THe dems are still the party of racism, just anti-white instead of anti-black.

No

Everyone who came out in defense of the the various confederate memorials willingly inherited their legacy all the way down the line. That's the hard right, welcome to the confederate party.

No, we didn't. That was just people like you, making up shit.

Completely reasonable to celebrate the sacrifice and heroism of soldiers defending their homes, while not celebrating all the aspects of their government of the time.

Do you celebrate America's defeat of the nazis in wwii? Does that mean you celebrate the internment of japanese americans or the dropping of the atom bombs?

Dumbass.

No

Completely reasonable to celebrate the sacrifice and heroism of soldiers defending their homes, while not celebrating all the aspects of their government of the time.

Do you celebrate America's defeat of the nazis in wwii? Does that mean you celebrate the internment of japanese americans or the dropping of the atom bombs?

Dumbass.
OK then look at it this way, do you think the hard right would ever support any legislation protecting the civil rights of minorities? Clearly they would not. They stand in the same political space as the dixiecrats in any current discussion on civil rights. In the fight against police brutality they not only stand with the police but the brutality as well.

No

The Republican Party has always stood for freedom and equality. The democrats have never been for either...

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

When will the democrat party ever support treating all Americans equally instead of giving one group preferential treatment over another????

Another thing is patriotism. The democrat party has never had any. The GOP's recent problem with patriotism is 100% about Zionism, and the current GOP is just that, pre 1998 old time republican vs Zionist 911 traitors. But 95% plus of GOP voters are patriotic to America. About 3% of democrats are...

No

They never flipped. THe dems are still the party of racism, just anti-white instead of anti-black.

You have more than one screw loose. The majority of Democratic leadership is white. The Democratic Party is the only game in town, given the republicans' dedication to advancing discrimination against everyone who is not a heterosexual white male.

Its a series not a film.

Have you seen it yet ?
I think so. I caught an interview with the Director the other day but after I had seen the first episode. Its not the standard narrative and has some quirks in it. I started thinking that I had missed something when I was watching it. I think that I will start from scratch when I have the house to myself and I am not annoying Mrs T.

It's highly fictionalized for the sake of entertainment, and should not be viewed as an factual account of genuine history.

No

Dumbass.
OK then look at it this way, do you think the hard right would ever support any legislation protecting the civil rights of minorities? Clearly they would not. They stand in the same political space as the dixiecrats in any current discussion on civil rights. In the fight against police brutality they not only stand with the police but the brutality as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by "hard right". Every Republican President since....the beginning of the Party has been in the forefront of increasing or equal rights for minorities since the party was founded.

Ike was. Nixon was. Reagan was. The Bushes. Trump;. Do you consider any of them "hard right"?

Anyone more to the right of them, had the choice of voting for them, voting for the lefties with the dems, or staying home.

No

You have more than one screw loose. The majority of Democratic leadership is white. The Democratic Party is the only game in town, given the republicans' dedication to advancing discrimination against everyone who is not a heterosexual white male.

1. The dems support openly anti-white policies and are openly discriminatory against whites. Your denial is stupid.

2. Your nonsense about the GOP is just you being a liar.

• Thanks
Reactions: EMH
No

Dumbass.

I'm not sure what you mean by "hard right". Every Republican President since....the beginning of the Party has been in the forefront of increasing or equal rights for minorities since the party was founded.

Ike was. Nixon was. Reagan was. The Bushes. Trump;. Do you consider any of them "hard right"?

Anyone more to the right of them, had the choice of voting for them, voting for the lefties with the dems, or staying home.
No past republican president would have a prayer of getting elected in the Trumpublican party. Why are you using them as an example? You hate Romney. You hate McCain. You don't even claim the Bushes. Face it. The Trumpublicans pissed on everything good, decent and fair and rejected everyone who wasn't Trump. He is your one and only example of what you stand for and there is precious little to be proud of.

No

Dumbass.

No past republican president would have a prayer of getting elected in the Trumpublican party. Why are you using them as an example? You hate Romney. You hate McCain. You don't even claim the Bushes. Face it. The Trumpublicans pissed on everything good, decent and fair and rejected everyone who wasn't Trump. He is your one and only example of what you stand for and there is precious little to be proud of.

You made a point about "protecting minority rights". I was trying to address it. All that shit about "trumplican party"? That was uncalled for nonsense.

ALL the republican presidents have protected minority rights. Does that address your question, or do you want to clarify who you are talking about.

No

Dumbass.

You made a point about "protecting minority rights". I was trying to address it. All that shit about "trumplican party"? That was uncalled for nonsense.

ALL the republican presidents have protected minority rights. Does that address your question, or do you want to clarify who you are talking about.
What the republican party stands for right now has a direct bearing on what you get to take credit for in the past. Right now they would not even vote to abolish slavery. If you have a problem with this characterization maybe you need to look for another party. Be a libertarian, you never have to defend anything because they never get elected.

It is the democrat party that has installed fascist state sponsored racial preferences. It is those who support the preferences who are the bigots practicing hate and bigotry and discrimination.

The democrat definition of "equality" has never included making everyone equal under the law. Why?

No

Lmfao

Practicing discrimination doesn't matter.

Tearing down stone structures, wow, that matters.

Libertarians are not about forcing this and that. If a given locality of voters votes to create or remove a given piece of stone, so be it. That is democracy. You don't like that. You do not like freedom or democracy. You are a hate filled lying bigot.

Forum List

Back