The Ultimate Goal of Democrats is finally being realized!

TV tells you all you "know".

I do not watch TV except for a few select shows. Never TV news.

What tells me what I know is data....

1677870916776.png

You clearly missed the whole point which is a shame, one is expected to life themselves not keep the first career they happen upon. I once worked for minimum wage 40 years ago, one can climb the ladder but he/she has to be willing to put in some effort. Directors aren't born into their jobs, they rise to them. Hourly people never understand the strains unless they come off the clock and become salaried. the higher one climbs the more one realize the strain.
Agreed.
I think what is shocking us as a society is that we are collectively realizing how much impact (control) these low skilled, minimum wage earners who work in our service industries actually have over our lives.
In a free market, supply and demand are the drivers of the price of goods and services.
Take hamburgers for example.

The people cooking and packaging our burgers and fries in the establishments we order them from are (typically) low-skilled, minimum wage workers.

We count on the price of these goods (burgers and fries) remaining fairly consistent across the market because the labor cost involved in the production of our drive-thru lunch bag is fairly well regulated by the surplus supply of cheap workers.

Historically expendable and easily replaceable workers.

If and when one or more workers moves on, either to train-up for a better paying job or just because they've gotten sick of working for minimum wage, no problem.
Owners and managers just pull another application from the stack and then hire and train the next warm body to do the task.

But what if that stack of applications for low-wage, unskilled jobs shrinks?
Dissapears altogether?
Suddenly the people still doing those jobs becomes MUCH more valuable.
More powerful as well.
NOW they have some real bargaining power.

What if they decide it should be worth $40 per hour to flip burgers and dunk baskets into the fryer? They tell the owner that this is what it is going to cost from now on to keep the burgers and fries cooked....otherwise all the workers leave at once.
The owner of course says "no fricking way! I cannot afford to pay you all $40 to flip burgers and dunk fries! You're NOT getting that!"
"Fine." The workers say. "Goodbye."
Within a month or two the owner has to shutter the place and file for bankruptcy.

In another scenario the owner agrees to the wage.
She says "OK, $40 per hour it is, but I'm gonna have to pass this cost along to the consumer in order to make ends meet."

Now your drive thru burger and fries no longer cost you under $20.
The cost is now $66.
It just "is what it is," as they say.
That is the new "fair market price" for those particular goods and services.
It will be up to you to decide if you REALLY want the product bad enough to pay the market price for it.
Maybe you'll decide you don't really want it that bad.

And now imagine the same situation in ALL areas of your life. Everything you want to buy is affected.
Lettuce, and all other produce....increased 300% in cost because hey, pickers deserve a decent, living wage too!
So do motel maids.
And custodians.
And the crew down at Jiffy-Lube.
And so on.

It SHOULD be up to the workers, the menial "grunts" on the very bottom of the wealth pyramid to determine what their services are worth. In a free-market economy the more in demand their services are, the more valuable they should be.

The ILLUSION of our capitalistic system all this time has been that we live in one of the "most prosperous nations on earth" with this ovewhelming cornucopia of "cheap" goods and services.
The REALITY is that it has always been a wobbly house of cards dependent upon an inexhaustible source of cheap, expendable labor.
Let that source dry up.....and it ALL goes away!

Now THAT's a pretty powerful place for The Proletariat to suddenly find itself in.

Agreed.
I think what is shocking us as a society is that we are collectively realizing how much impact (control) these low skilled, minimum wage earners who work in our service industries actually have over our lives.
In a free market, supply and demand are the drivers of the price of goods and services.
Take hamburgers for example.

The people cooking and packaging our burgers and fries in the establishments we order them from are (typically) low-skilled, minimum wage workers.

We count on the price of these goods (burgers and fries) remaining fairly consistent across the market because the labor cost involved in the production of our drive-thru lunch bag is fairly well regulated by the surplus supply of cheap workers.

Historically expendable and easily replaceable workers.

If and when one or more workers moves on, either to train-up for a better paying job or just because they've gotten sick of working for minimum wage, no problem.
Owners and managers just pull another application from the stack and then hire and train the next warm body to do the task.

But what if that stack of applications for low-wage, unskilled jobs shrinks?
Dissapears altogether?
Suddenly the people still doing those jobs becomes MUCH more valuable.
More powerful as well.
NOW they have some real bargaining power.

What if they decide it should be worth $40 per hour to flip burgers and dunk baskets into the fryer? They tell the owner that this is what it is going to cost from now on to keep the burgers and fries cooked....otherwise all the workers leave at once.
The owner of course says "no fricking way! I cannot afford to pay you all $40 to flip burgers and dunk fries! You're NOT getting that!"
"Fine." The workers say. "Goodbye."
Within a month or two the owner has to shutter the place and file for bankruptcy.

In another scenario the owner agrees to the wage.
She says "OK, $40 per hour it is, but I'm gonna have to pass this cost along to the consumer in order to make ends meet."

Now your drive thru burger and fries no longer cost you under $20.
The cost is now $66.
It just "is what it is," as they say.
That is the new "fair market price" for those particular goods and services.
It will be up to you to decide if you REALLY want the product bad enough to pay the market price for it.
Maybe you'll decide you don't really want it that bad.

And now imagine the same situation in ALL areas of your life. Everything you want to buy is affected.
Lettuce, and all other produce....increased 300% in cost because hey, pickers deserve a decent, living wage too!
So do motel maids.
And custodians.
And the crew down at Jiffy-Lube.
And so on.

It SHOULD be up to the workers, the menial "grunts" on the very bottom of the wealth pyramid to determine what their services are worth. In a free-market economy the more in demand their services are, the more valuable they should be.

The ILLUSION of our capitalistic system all this time has been that we live in one of the "most prosperous nations on earth" with this ovewhelming cornucopia of "cheap" goods and services.
The REALITY is that it has always been a wobbly house of cards dependent upon an inexhaustible source of cheap, expendable labor.
Let that source dry up.....and it ALL goes away!

Now THAT's a pretty powerful place for The Proletariat to suddenly find itself in.
you just demonstrated the California business model where all costs are driven up for no logical reason until one studies the democrat mindset

bullshit, no more than CNN, MSNBC, or the NYT
Except for the part where her boss just admitted under oath that she repeatedly lied to you about the stolen election when she knew it was bullshit, for ratings.

I mean, we can argue amongst ourselves about this all day, and both sides can accuse the other of being the worst, but the record in court, where everyone has to tell the truth, is not close. If the head of a channel is telling you they lied, and the hosts of a channel are telling you they lied, and the pundits on that channel are telling you they lied, in court under oath, then why are you still believing that this channel is telling you the truth? Like, at all?

A capitalistic, free-market economy is 100% dependent upon a struggling Proletariat made up of people willing to toil right at or slightly below the poverty line their entire lives. Most of them will never rise in SES.
Think of them as the human "ants" that make the colony (the economy) actually function. It is their labor that generates income (and ultimately) wealth.
The owners and investors and boards of directors and bankers (and so on) rarely (if ever) actually "produce" anything.
The wealth generated by the ants simply funnels up the pyramid to them and sustains them.

But.....IF the ants ever decide "screw it! I'd rather live on the street in a cardboard box and scrounge in dumpsters than bust my ass all day working for these assholes in these conditions so I can BARELY make enough to pay rent on this dump so I'll have a place to sleep between shifts......"

Then it ALL falls apart.
The house of cards begins to crumble.
The ruse cannot be sustained and Capitalism begins to unravel at the seams.

That is all we are seeing. The beginning of the end.
link

You are correct.
Employers want cheap labor.
They want people to work for them without having to pay them a living wage.
Ah, the living wage B.S I started at minimum wage, and had to work my way up, these slugs want top dollar, and a company car, and full benefits starting out, for flipping burgers and getting your order wrong every time, they are soft and have been coddled. My oldest works seven days a week, my youngest works two jobs and goes to nursing school.

Ah, the living wage B.S I started at minimum wage, and had to work my way up, these slugs want top dollar, and a company car, and full benefits starting out, for flipping burgers and getting your order wrong every time, they are soft and have been coddled. My oldest works seven days a week, my youngest works two jobs and goes to nursing school.
That is all fine and good.
Good job with your own kids, but this is all beside the point.
The point is we have a shortage in the labor pool that people (mostly conservo's) are whining about.
The reason for the labor shortage is because more people are just choosing not to work for the low wages being offered.

That is all fine and good.
Good job with your own kids, but this is all beside the point.
The point is we have a shortage in the labor pool that people (mostly conservo's) are whining about.
The reason for the labor shortage is because more people are just choosing not to work for the low wages being offered.
Yes, being lazy, and not willing to work towards making more, period, they act entitled, and the democrats want them dependent on the Government

Except for the part where her boss just admitted under oath that she repeatedly lied to you about the stolen election when she knew it was bullshit, for ratings.

I mean, we can argue amongst ourselves about this all day, and both sides can accuse the other of being the worst, but the record in court, where everyone has to tell the truth, is not close. If the head of a channel is telling you they lied, and the hosts of a channel are telling you they lied, and the pundits on that channel are telling you they lied, in court under oath, then why are you still believing that this channel is telling you the truth? Like, at all?
You mean like schiff lying about a cop being hurt while he was actually giving a tour on Jan 6? LMAO. That motherfucker outright with video out there before he lied

No logical reason?
Workers negotiating their own salaries doesn't seem "logical" to you?
that is not where total inflation of pricing gets driven up in California, Dennys employees don't make more in Palm Springs than they do anywhere else. LOL Your taxes without a doubt drive the cost on consumer goods and services

America's low labor participation rate 'a social and economic disaster,' experts warn

Economists are sounding the alarm over millions of would-be workers refusing to return

By now it's common knowledge that the U.S. saw an unprecedented drop in labor participation at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 as health concerns, lockdowns and stimulus payments caused tens of millions to abandon or forfeit their jobs.

But three years later, millions still haven't returned – including many who quit in the middle of their prime working years – and some economists are sounding the alarm that so many capable, would-be earners remain out of the workforce.

When the Labor Department reported last month that unemployment dropped to 3.4% in January, the lowest level in more than 50 years, not all experts were celebrating.

Democrats love a dependent society!-OG

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...r-experts-warn

Bidenflation continues to cost Americans

Return to what? lol competing with illegal aliens, green cards, the general incompetence and silliness of corporate 'culture'? I feel sorry for anybody who has to work in today's environment.

There are plenty of opportunities out there for the working class to do well.
My wife (both our second marriage), when she left her first husband she knew she needed a means to sustain herself. She didn't rely on alimony or child support. She got a certification in a field that interested her in the medical field. This was 2014. By 2016, she completed her certification and found a job in a local health system making a decent wage to start. I think somewhere around 45K a year.

Within 6 months, her employer promoted her to an Auditor and Trainer and she got a nice bump.

A few year later she went back to school, and got her associates and another professional certification.

Now, in these past 2 months, she was approached by a recruiter for a new role. She is now making, before any OT or bonus, just over 90K a year. The span of 7 years she went from being a stay at home mom, to doing very well for herself.

Now, tell me there aren't opportunities? People can sit on their ass and blame "the system" all they want, but there are plenty of opportunities if you want to apply yourself.

Ah, anecdotal stories. I turned $5 into $599 million just last week.

lol at 'medical profession', one of the most heavily govt. subsidized industries in the country now, so yes, a few people can get jobs. OF course the highest paid ones are in high cost of living areas, still usually pay8ng less than minimum wage adjusted for real inflation, but people love low wages; that way they can pretend they're 'getting over' and 'special', never mind they aren't making much in real terms. Guess why people are fleeing California ....

America's low labor participation rate 'a social and economic disaster,' experts warn

Economists are sounding the alarm over millions of would-be workers refusing to return

By now it's common knowledge that the U.S. saw an unprecedented drop in labor participation at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 as health concerns, lockdowns and stimulus payments caused tens of millions to abandon or forfeit their jobs.

But three years later, millions still haven't returned – including many who quit in the middle of their prime working years – and some economists are sounding the alarm that so many capable, would-be earners remain out of the workforce.

When the Labor Department reported last month that unemployment dropped to 3.4% in January, the lowest level in more than 50 years, not all experts were celebrating.

Democrats love a dependent society!-OG

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...r-experts-warn
I seriously doubt that a 62.4% LFPR is causing an alarm outside of Fo news.

Forum List

Back