The Ukrainian Army Has More Tanks Now Than When the War Began—Because It Keeps Capturing Them From Russia

And the Ukrainians won't find spare parts for their "slightly used" tanks. LOL
They're not using captured Russian tanks as an offensive weapon. They're mostly digging them in with a berm around them and using them as a defensive position in and around the cities and along roadsides.

1648230903674.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: xyz
If history is any indication...

... Russians don't run out of equipment and don't give a damn about soldier's lives.

... two very definite advantages in a war of attrition.

100 years ago, the average age of Russia was 16. Today it’s 40. There aren’t many young peasants to throw at war today.

And yes they do run out of equipment.

Hydro-drive?

Nah, Just the standard 8 speed transmission on the tractor. I used it to skid logs, plow and haul all sorts on my property before I sold it and my property and moved to N.C.

Update:

Attack On Europe: Documenting Equipment Losses During The 2022 Russian Invasion of Ukraine​

24 Mar 2022 ~~ By Stijn Mitzer in collaboration with Joost Oliemans Kemal, Dan and Jakub Janovsky

A detailed list of destroyed and captured vehicles and equipment of both sides can be seen below. This list is constantly updated as additional footage becomes available.
This list only includes destroyed vehicles and equipment of which photo or videographic evidence is available. Therefore, the amount of equipment destroyed is significantly higher than recorded here. Small arms, munitions, civilian vehicles, trailers and derelict equipment (including aircraft) are not included in this list. All possible effort has gone into discerning the status of equipment between captured or abandoned. Many of the entries listed as 'abandoned' will likely end up captured or destroyed. Similarly, some of the captured equipment might be destroyed if it can't be recovered. ATGMs and MANPADS are included in the list but not included in the ultimate count. The Soviet flag is used when the equipment in question was produced prior to 1991.

Russia - 1867, of which: destroyed: 922, damaged: 35, abandoned: 228,​

captured: 682​

Commentary:
Add to that one Alligator landing ship destroyed and two damaged.
Some omissions or even inaccuracies are to be expected and excusable considering the many hindrances, unacceptable risks, and other contributing factors if someone is to personally undertake stringent assessments of equipment losses in the actual locations amid a ferocious war. As it is, many thanks to Oryx for coming up with this handiwork.

Not 40 tons....not on typical non paved terrain....
Ok... Finally found the video clip. It's a paved road and a pretty good sized tractor. The first thing that occurs to me is how did the farmer get the tank out of an idle position? Tanks like every other vehicle that moves have transmissions. You ain't moving that thing unless it's drivetrain is free. I see what appears to be a Russian soldier running after the two vehicles... But he has no weapon. That doesn't make any sense to me. Don't get me wrong I don't actually have a side in this conflict that I favor I just wish the whole thing never happened. But I'm highly suspicious of all of these claims. Are we terribly sure the tank motor is not also engaged? Where the hell was the soldier while the farmer spent at least a half an hour strapping up the tank? It was only one soldier? A typical tank crew is three... They usually carry sidearms at the very least. Now that doesn't mean the footage isn't genuine... There are just too many unanswered questions here that would have to be taken on faith not to question whether or not it was staged. To my knowledge that is the only video of such an incident and it was hard to find actually.
I assumed that like with a car getting towed that it had to have the breaks off and put into gear to roll smoothly-----and that the soldiers in the tank probably surrendered,

Ukraine Refuses To Let the Transgender Leave – Liberals Outraged​

6 Mar 2022 ~~~
Ukraine is refusing to let men aged 18-59 flee the country, demanding that they stay and fight the invading Russian forces.
Transgender in Ukraine are now reporting they are being banned from leaving the country, with officials demanding they stay and fight like the men their documents and chromosomes say they are.
Of course, far-left Vice has taken up their cause, declaring it outrageous that transgender women, who are male on their birth certificates and passports, cannot flee the country like mothers and children and instead must stay and fight like men.
Two Ukrainian transgender women told Vice they can’t leave Ukraine because all of their identification documents say “male” and mention their “old masculine names”.
~Snip~
While members of the transgender lobby continue to moan and feel sorry for themselves, the rest of the country is getting on with fighting a war. Ukraine has emptied its prisons in order to swell its ranks on the front lines against invading Russian forces. Even Miss Ukraine has taken up arms to protect her homeland.
Read full story: ‘Stay And Fight Like a Man!’ Ukraine Refuses To Let Trans Women Leave – Liberals Outraged

Commentary:
And all this time General Milley has been telling us that trans wanted to join the military. They even give them special treatment and their own uniform.
Haven't we been told that Zelensky runs a New World Order trans friendly nation.
Well in any case at least it may keep the fighting men happy without women around.

Tanks are like chump change for Russia. They have more tanks than NATO (and that's the only thing they have more of).

You liberals believe the dumbest propaganda I've ever seen LOLOLOL.

If Ukraine is doing so well, why is it all their major cities are surrounded and all their nuclear reactors have been captured?

Tanks are like chump change for Russia. They have more tanks than NATO (and that's the only thing they have more of).
T72-B3s are worth approximately $10,000. I'm pretty sure Russia doesn't care if it loses another 1,000 of them.

T72-B3s are worth approximately $10,000. I'm pretty sure Russia doesn't care if it loses another 1,000 of them.

You know, Google is your friend, and anyone that wishes to check the veracity of your claim that they are only 10,000 each can easily check it for themselves.

I did, and your estimate of their cost is way off. They are approximately 1/2 a million per tank.

You know, Google is your friend, and anyone that wishes to check the veracity of your claim that they are only 10,000 each can easily check it for themselves.

I did, and your estimate of their cost is way off. They are approximately 1/2 a million per tank.
I didn't mean that they were that cheap, just that they have so many tanks, probably more than they would ever need, especially when they get outdated.

High-precision weapons destroyed the joint Logistics Command Center of the Logistics Forces of Ukraine in the Lviv region, where there were shipments of foreign weapons delivered over the past 6 days.
The demilitarization of the EU and the US continues

The Ukrainian Army Has More Tanks Now Than When the War Began

Because It Keeps Capturing Them From Russia

24 Mar 2022 ~~ By David Axe

Ukraine has lost at least 74 tanks—destroyed or captured—since Russia widened its war on the country starting the night of Feb. 23.
But Ukraine has captured at least 117 Russian tanks, according to open-source-intelligence analysts who scrutinize photos and videos on social media.
In other words, the Ukrainian army might actually have more tanks now than a month ago—all without building a single brand-new tank or pulling some older vehicle out of storage.
The Russians meanwhile have captured at least 37 Ukrainian tanks—a sum inadequate to compensate for the roughly 274 tanks it is believed to have lost to all causes.
The disparity in captured tanks speaks to Russia’s lack of preparation for a high-intensity war against a determined foe. But it also speaks to the advantages any defender possesses over any attacker.
Russia must project forces into Ukraine scores or hundreds of miles, extending poorly-protected supply lines and risking front-line units running out of ammunition and fuel. Many of those tanks the Ukrainians have seized were just sitting there, out of gas, their crews having fled.
~Snip~
The steady transfer to Ukraine, via captures, of hundreds upon hundreds of tanks, fighting vehicles, artillery, air-defense systems and trucks underlines the challenge Russia faces in achieving any of its strategic objectives in Ukraine.
The Kremlin realistically can’t kill its way to victory. Not as long as Ukraine, population 44 million, possesses reserves of human capital—and as long as the Ukrainians remain united in the defense of their homeland.
It’s telling that, at the same time Russia was begging Syria for a thousand mercenaries last week, Ukraine was mobilizing reserve echelons numbering 150,000 fresh troops.
Those reservists probably aren’t hurting for equipment. Many of them will fall in on some ex-Russian T-72, scrubbed clean of any evidence of its old crew and sporting freshly painted Ukrainian insignia.

Commentary:
Putin's military forces are fighting the wrong war. Their mentality is still fighting a European WW II war.
The Russian military leaders have no imagination. Typically, they shell positions, attack in large formations, and when their assaults failed, do it all over again.
They have misled their troops from the beginning.
"Russian doctrine relies on centralized command and control, while mission-style command and control—as the name suggests—relies on the individual initiative of every soldier, from the private to the general, not only to understand the mission but then to use their initiative to adapt to the exigencies of a chaotic and ever-changing battlefield in order to accomplish that mission. Although the Russian military has modernized under Vladimir Putin, it has never embraced the decentralized mission-style command-and-control structure that is the hallmark of NATO militaries, and that the Ukrainians have since adopted".
Is it conceivable that Ukraine forces are out fighting and making gains. Yes! They've begun gaining lost territory and capturing equipment from Russian attackers.
No worries the US is about to send Abrams tanks to the Ukraine. I'm sure that won't bite us in the ass later.

Forum List

Back