The tremendous power of the social paradigms created by WWII - Part I - The citizen

This Rocco guy is hilarious:

"JEWISH COLONIZATION ASSOCIATION (ICA)"

"Ereẓ Israel

From 1896 ICA provided financial aid for independent colonists in Gederah, Ḥaderah, Nes Ẓiyyonah, and Mishmar ha-Yarden. In 1899 Baron Edmond de Rothschild transferred to ICA the colonies under his care, and those he himself had founded, providing 15,000,000 francs to finance their further development. He presided over an administrative body, the Palestine Commission, formed in Paris. In the Rothschild colonies ICA introduced new forms of cultivation and other reforms. ICA also continued its previous independent work and purchased land in Lower Galilee in order to found new settlements, Jabneel (Yemma), Bet Gan, Mesḥa (Kefar Tavor), Sejerah (Ilaniyyah), and others. Despite progress, ICA's work was continuously attacked by Zionist opponents who accused it of inept management, wasted funds, and diverse aims. During World War I Rothschild realized that impending political changes necessitated the formation of a stronger organization and established the Palestine Jewish Colonization Association (*PICA) in 1923. This returned administration. ICA resumed work in Palestine after the 1929 riots, establishing Emica jointly with the Emergency Fund. Plans for draining the Ḥuleh swamps were stopped by the outbreak of war, but Emica reconstructed Be'er Toviyyah and founded other settlements: Kefar Warburg, and later Nir Banim, Sedeh Moshe, Kefar Maimon, and Lachish. In 1955 Emica became "ICA in Israel," as Israel became the main field of activity. Jointly with the Jewish Agency, ICA participated in the development of Upper Galilee and in a project to assist some 30 immigrant settlements. In addition to credit facilities for agriculture, ICA provides extensive grants for educational institutions in Israel, among them Mikveh Israel, ORT, and the agricultural faculty of the Hebrew University."

Jewish Colonization Association ICA

montelatici, P F Tinmore, et al,

I must admit, you guys trapped me here.

"Ereẓ Israel

From 1896 ICA provided financial aid for independent colonists in Gederah, Ḥaderah, Nes Ẓiyyonah, and Mishmar ha-Yarden. In 1899 Baron Edmond de Rothschild transferred to ICA the colonies under his care, and those he himself had founded, providing 15,000,000 francs to finance their further development. He presided over an administrative body, the Palestine Commission, formed in Paris. In the Rothschild colonies ICA introduced new forms of cultivation and other reforms. ICA also continued its previous independent work and purchased land in Lower Galilee in order to found new settlements, Jabneel (Yemma), Bet Gan, Mesḥa (Kefar Tavor), Sejerah (Ilaniyyah), and others. Despite progress, ICA's work was continuously attacked by Zionist opponents who accused it of inept management, wasted funds, and diverse aims. During World War I Rothschild realized that impending political changes necessitated the formation of a stronger organization and established the Palestine Jewish Colonization Association (*PICA) in 1923. This returned administration. ICA resumed work in Palestine after the 1929 riots, establishing Emica jointly with the Emergency Fund. Plans for draining the Ḥuleh swamps were stopped by the outbreak of war, but Emica reconstructed Be'er Toviyyah and founded other settlements: Kefar Warburg, and later Nir Banim, Sedeh Moshe, Kefar Maimon, and Lachish. In 1955 Emica became "ICA in Israel," as Israel became the main field of activity. Jointly with the Jewish Agency, ICA participated in the development of Upper Galilee and in a project to assist some 30 immigrant settlements. In addition to credit facilities for agriculture, ICA provides extensive grants for educational institutions in Israel, among them Mikveh Israel, ORT, and the agricultural faculty of the Hebrew University."

(COMMENT)

When I said, (in Posting #62) that "Israel was never a “colonial project,” I just assumed you (we) understood "colonial project" to mean an official undertaking of a "Colonial Power." I assumed that we were using the terminology in the form:
  • Colonialism is the establishment, exploitation, maintenance, acquisition, and expansion of colony in one territory by a political power from another territory. It is a set of unequal relationships between the colonial power and the colony and often between the colonists and the indigenous population.
I did not expect either of you to suggest that Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) like the Jewish Colonization Association (ICA), in support of Articles 4 & 6, Mandate for Palestine, facilitate Jewish immigration under suitable conditions and shall encourage, in co-operation with the Jewish agency referred to in Article 4 --- as a Colonial Project. However, I recognize that there is an alternative view:
  • Colonization --- The extension of political and economic control over an area by a state whose nationals have occupied the area and usually possess organizational or technological superiority over then active population. It may consist simply in a migration of nationalist of the territory, or it may be the formal assumption of control over the territory by military or civil representatives of the dominant power.
This alternative view makes the San Remo Convention, and the fruit of the San Remo Convention, a Colonial Project. And I know that there are many that hold this broader view. Men like Matthew Rothschild (Israel is a Colonial Power) and M. Shahid Alam (Israel: A Failed Colonial Project) hold this alternative view. But I do not sense (IMO) that the Principle Allied Powers, when they decided to create a Jewish National Home (San Remo 1920) for the protection and survival of the Jewish people and culture, that they were acting out of a need to dominate the Arab Palestinian --- the involves the subjugation of one people over another. I do not believe that at all.

I believe that, while a number of entities made mistakes relative to, and with an impact on, the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, that the nations involved, less the Arab League Nations that took possession of large swaths of territory in 1949, were interested in Palestine as a foreign colony of an Imperial Powers involved.

Most Respectfully,
R

Both definitions describe the Zionist colonial project to the tee. If you are claiming that somehow a non governmental organization cannot be the colonizer, you would have to assert that Rhodesia wasn't a colonial project because the colonization was undertaken by the British South Africa Company. You crack me up.

"Ereẓ Israel

(COMMENT)

When I said, (in Posting #62) that "Israel was never a “colonial project,” I just assumed you (we) understood "colonial project" to mean an official undertaking of a "Colonial Power." I assumed that we were using the terminology in the form:
  • Colonialism is the establishment, exploitation, maintenance, acquisition, and expansion of colony in one territory by a political power from another territory. It is a set of unequal relationships between the colonial power and the colony and often between the colonists and the indigenous population.
I did not expect either of you to suggest that Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) like the Jewish Colonization Association (ICA), in support of Articles 4 & 6, Mandate for Palestine, facilitate Jewish immigration under suitable conditions and shall encourage, in co-operation with the Jewish agency referred to in Article 4 --- as a Colonial Project. However, I recognize that there is an alternative view:
  • Colonization --- The extension of political and economic control over an area by a state whose nationals have occupied the area and usually possess organizational or technological superiority over then active population. It may consist simply in a migration of nationalist of the territory, or it may be the formal assumption of control over the territory by military or civil representatives of the dominant power.
This alternative view makes the San Remo Convention, and the fruit of the San Remo Convention, a Colonial Project. And I know that there are many that hold this broader view. Men like Matthew Rothschild (Israel is a Colonial Power) and M. Shahid Alam (Israel: A Failed Colonial Project) hold this alternative view. But I do not sense (IMO) that the Principle Allied Powers, when they decided to create a Jewish National Home (San Remo 1920) for the protection and survival of the Jewish people and culture, that they were acting out of a need to dominate the Arab Palestinian --- the involves the subjugation of one people over another. I do not believe that at all.

I believe that, while a number of entities made mistakes relative to, and with an impact on, the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, that the nations involved, less the Arab League Nations that took possession of large swaths of territory in 1949, were interested in Palestine as a foreign colony of an Imperial Powers involved.

Most Respectfully,
R
No matter the intention of the allied powers, the Zionists had colonization in their plan and that is what happened.

Look at the facts on the ground. It is a colonial project.

"Ereẓ Israel

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
No matter the intention of the allied powers, the Zionists had colonization in their plan and that is what happened.

And I take it you don't see the arab muslims land grabs and invasions as colonisation then, even today they are still trying to colonise other parts of the M.E and remove the opposing religion

P F Tinmore, et al,

OK, I give you, this argument to a point; your position and explanations are both strong and compelling. It was a colonization project, pursuant to the Mandate and Articles 4 and 6.

(COMMENT)

One key intention of the mandate was to:
  • establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people,
  • secure the co-operation of all Jews who are willing to assist in the establishment of the Jewish national home,
  • facilitate Jewish immigration, for reconstituting their national home.
To accomplish those tasks, you need organization and planning. So, by definition, it is project.

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

OK, I give you, this argument to a point; your position and explanations are both strong and compelling. It was a colonization project, pursuant to the Mandate and Articles 4 and 6.

(COMMENT)

• secure the co-operation of all Jews who are willing to assist in the establishment of the Jewish national home,
To accomplish those tasks, you need organization and planning. So, by definition, it is project.

Most Respectfully,
R
Indeed, and the Palestinians vehemently opposed the colonization of their country during the mandate as they had every right to do. When the criminals have an accomplice, (Britain) it is still a crime.

The Palestinians are still fighting against this colonization as they have every right to do.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Indeed, and the Palestinians vehemently opposed the colonization of their country during the mandate as they had every right to do. When the criminals have an accomplice, (Britain) it is still a crime.

The Palestinians are still fighting against this colonization as they have every right to do.

Only because they want to colonise the land themselves and make it part of the caliphate. That is the only reason they have for opposing the rightful migration of Jews to Palestine and the RESURECTION OF THE JEWISH NATIONAL HOME .

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Only because they want to colonise the land themselves and make it part of the caliphate. That is the only reason they have for opposing the rightful migration of Jews to Palestine and the RESURECTION OF THE JEWISH NATIONAL HOME .

How can they be colonists in their own land? The Palestinians didn't come from another continent they were living in Palestine.

Don't you see that more reasonable (and educated) people have agreed on this issue.

Except there is no dehumanization of the Palestinian people, but do go on. In fact, don't you find it rather odd that there is no mention on these boards of the factories that Palestinians and Israelis work at. Can you tell me why that is?

There is dehumanization of Palestinians on the Israeli side. It's even more pronounced now that there is a policy of near total seperation. Many Jews never encounter Palestinians and many Palestinians never encounter Jews - it makes it easy for each to think the worst of the other. In addition, increased violence has hardened attitudes and made it harder for each to see the other as human beings. Why Israel s racist violence problem is getting worse - Vox

Where? Where in Israel is that?

It's discussed in the the link I posted.

Nowhere in that link does it say that Israelis don't encounter Palestinians or there is any separation. It's nothing more than article on price tagging. By and large, price tagging is committed by punk ass kids like these:
Elder Palestinians protect settlers from lynching in West Bank village - National News - Jerusalem Post

That's from 2011
88 of Jewish Israelis oppose price tag attacks - National News - Jerusalem Post

Other
Jewish and Arab students show solidarity after price-tag fire at school - Arab-Israeli Conflict - Jerusalem Post

This is from August of 2014, detailing concerns about increase in racism.

Israeli Teens Gripped by Virulent Racism Forward.com

On the other hand, Israel is taking this seriously - many feel this is not the society they want for themselves:
After War Israeli Schools to Teach Tolerance for Arabs - Israel Today Israel News
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/w...fter-palestinians-beating.html?pagewanted=all

On the effects of a decade long policy of strict separation: Is There Any Empathy Left In The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Parallels NPR

In December of 2013 Gaza flooded. As this was happening, it was the Israelis that were putting together food packages, and blankets and sanitary items and blankets and coats and sending them to the Palestinians. As this was happening, the accusations were made that Israel intentionally flooded Gaza by releasing water from a dam. Except there was no dam. When supplies were sent in (like pumps), the accusation was made that Israel was taking advantage of the situation.

Israel has always taken this seriously. There really is no other alternative.

There are Arab Israelis that serve in the military and they don't have to. There is Wahat Al-Salam which has been around since 1970. Jewish families moved to Silwan. Arab families live in French Hill. Hebrew and Arabic are the national languages. We have to pretend that there are no Palestinian Arabs in Israel for there to be this separation where Jewish people never come into contact.

I would say there is quite a bit of empathy. This empathy occurs while knowing that American tax dollars pay the salaries of those Palestinians imprisoned in Israel for terrorist acts that kill Israelis. Those ones that will at some point be swapped or released back to Gaza with a celebration.

There is dehumanization of Palestinians on the Israeli side. It's even more pronounced now that there is a policy of near total seperation. Many Jews never encounter Palestinians and many Palestinians never encounter Jews - it makes it easy for each to think the worst of the other. In addition, increased violence has hardened attitudes and made it harder for each to see the other as human beings. Why Israel s racist violence problem is getting worse - Vox

Nowhere in that link does it say that Israelis don't encounter Palestinians or there is any separation. It's nothing more than article on price tagging. By and large, price tagging is committed by punk ass kids like these:
Elder Palestinians protect settlers from lynching in West Bank village - National News - Jerusalem Post

That's from 2011

Other
Jewish and Arab students show solidarity after price-tag fire at school - Arab-Israeli Conflict - Jerusalem Post

On the other hand, Israel is taking this seriously - many feel this is not the society they want for themselves:
After War Israeli Schools to Teach Tolerance for Arabs - Israel Today Israel News
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/w...fter-palestinians-beating.html?pagewanted=all

On the effects of a decade long policy of strict separation: Is There Any Empathy Left In The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Parallels NPR

In December of 2013 Gaza flooded. As this was happening, it was the Israelis that were putting together food packages, and blankets and sanitary items and blankets and coats and sending them to the Palestinians. As this was happening, the accusations were made that Israel intentionally flooded Gaza by releasing water from a dam. Except there was no dam. When supplies were sent in (like pumps), the accusation was made that Israel was taking advantage of the situation.

I don't deny that there is a lot of humanitarian generosity from the Israeli people. Yet it seems to be a split society. There is also a lot of hate towards the Palestinians, as given by the links I posted.

There are Arab Israelis that serve in the military and they don't have to. There is Wahat Al-Salam which has been around since 1970. Jewish families moved to Silwan. Arab families live in French Hill. Hebrew and Arabic are the national languages. We have to pretend that there are no Palestinian Arabs in Israel for there to be this separation where Jewish people never come into contact.

Prior to Civil Rights in the US there were many blacks who served in the army, even when there wasn't conscription and they did not have to.

The Palestinians who are not Israeli citizens are largely seperated from the Israeli's by walls, check points and seperate systems of roads.

The fact that Hebrew and Arabic are the national languages is a legacy of the Mandate. There is actually a political move to make only Hebrew the national language.

I would say there is quite a bit of empathy. This empathy occurs while knowing that American tax dollars pay the salaries of those Palestinians imprisoned in Israel for terrorist acts that kill Israelis. Those ones that will at some point be swapped or released back to Gaza with a celebration.

And American tax dollars support the Israeli military incursions into Gaza, something which has led to huge civilian casualties and in Operation Cast Lead the use of white phosphorous in a dense civilian area.,

That's from 2011

Other

I don't deny that there is a lot of humanitarian generosity from the Israeli people. Yet it seems to be a split society. There is also a lot of hate towards the Palestinians, as given by the links I posted.

Prior to Civil Rights in the US there were many blacks who served in the army, even when there wasn't conscription and they did not have to.

The Palestinians who are not Israeli citizens are largely seperated from the Israeli's by walls, check points and seperate systems of roads.

The fact that Hebrew and Arabic are the national languages is a legacy of the Mandate. There is actually a political move to make only Hebrew the national language.

And American tax dollars support the Israeli military incursions into Gaza, something which has led to huge civilian casualties and in Operation Cast Lead the use of white phosphorous in a dense civilian area.,

The white phosphorous was used legally. The Red Cross could find no evidence that it was used illegally. This is why they had to back track and instead focus on "dense civilian area". They didn't have anything.
The Operation in Gaza-Factual and Legal Aspects

And this wouldn't be a problem if Hamas and Islamic Jihad was eradicated.

This is not "segregation".

This is not similar to the Civil Right's Movement in the US in any way, shape or form. I am aware that the Palestinians PR move was to align themselves with Ferguson. That doesn't play.

There is no rising tide of racism in Israel. This is not a situation of "language is a barrier" as I stated earlier Arabic and Hebrew are the national languages. There are pockets of assholes.

Lastly, Israel is a client state. It makes zero sense for the money given to the Palestinians from this Donor country to pay the salaries of terrorists. Zero.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

How can they be colonists in their own land? The Palestinians didn't come from another continent they were living in Palestine.

Don't you see that more reasonable (and educated) people have agreed on this issue.

NO they were living as nomads travelling across the M.E. but referred to themselves as Syrians. That is until 1964 when Arafat stole the swear word to use as the new arab muslim identity, but could not pronounce it and it came out as BAALESTINIANS from BAALESTINE. Remind you of some ancient devil that lusted after human sacrifices ?

That's from 2011

Other

Ask yourself this if your people had been brutalised, abused, murdered, raped and driven from their land for 1400 years how would you feel about the people that had done it. And before you say that it was not the Palestinians remember that your claims are they have been there for 2,000 years. They are either just as much to blame for the treatment of the Jews since 627C.E. or they are very recent illegal immigrants.

Just like the Mexicans are separated from the Americans then, and Yemen is separated from Saudi, Egypt is separated from gaza, Jordan is separated from the west bank. So your point being what exactly, that Israel is doing what other nations do without a peep out of so called unbiased concerned human beings

So you see no harm in sending $billions to fund ISLAMONAZI TERRORISM to kill Americans, yet balk at sending $millions to support the defence of Israel and the research of Defence Strategies of help to the USA. Did you know that hamas used W.P. as a weapon of mass destruction against Israel, along with chemical and biological agents. And the UN turned a blind eye to it. Yet let Israel use it legally and every do gooder climbs on their high horse without having the full facts to hand

That's from 2011

Other

The white phosphorous was used legally. The Red Cross could find no evidence that it was used illegally. This is why they had to back track and instead focus on "dense civilian area". They didn't have anything.

This is not similar to the Civil Right's Movement in the US in any way, shape or form. I am aware that the Palestinians PR move was to align themselves with Ferguson. That doesn't play.

There is no rising tide of racism in Israel. This is not a situation of "language is a barrier" as I stated earlier Arabic and Hebrew are the national languages. There are pockets of assholes.

Lastly, Israel is a client state. It makes zero sense for the money given to the Palestinians from this Donor country to pay the salaries of terrorists. Zero.
eiimage004a.jpg

_46061574_007651442-1.jpg

That's from 2011

Other

eiimage004a.jpg

And?

eiimage004a.jpg

And?
Using white phosphorous in populated areas is illegal.

eiimage004a.jpg

And?
Using white phosphorous in populated areas is illegal.

Not for smokescreens. Try again.

That's from 2011

Other

White Phosphorous was used illegally, do you think linking to a paper published by the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs that denies the facts convinces anyone but brainwashed Zionnutters like yourself?

The Israeli oppression of non-Jews is more similar to South African Apartheid than the civil rights situation in the U.S.

The rest of your comments are Hasbara talking points.

That's from 2011

Other

White Phosphorous was used illegally, do you think linking to a paper published by the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs that denies the facts convinces anyone but brainwashed Zionnutters like yourself?

The Israeli oppression of non-Jews is more similar to South African Apartheid than the civil rights situation in the U.S.

The rest of your comments are Hasbara talking points.

The Red Cross even knew it wasn't used illegally. Your repeating a lie doesn't make it any truer. There is no apartheid. But, thanks for the NGO talking points.

Forum List

Back