The top 10 cities people are looking to put in their rearview mirrors

And it's expensive to buy a home there between union labor and city regulations which are costly.
You know what’s more costly? Houses. Hence why the article in the OP referenced that as the reason people are leaving. It didn’t say anything about city union labor and city regulations.

"Crazy house prices have upended the market in the last two years, triggering what the real estate brokerage firm Redfinlabels unprecedented levels of relocation. Specifically, prospective home buyers seem to be leaving cities where prices are too high in favor of more affordable locales."

Yes, illegals are but certainly not because “nicer things tend to cost more”.
So prices are high because people are willing to pay for them at that price. Weird.

It almost seems like what you consider “nice” isn’t really relevant since there are so many people willing to pay for those things. Sooo weird.

You know what’s more costly? Houses. Hence why the article in the OP referenced that as the reason people are leaving. It didn’t say anything about city union labor and city regulations.

"Crazy house prices have upended the market in the last two years, triggering what the real estate brokerage firm Redfinlabels unprecedented levels of relocation. Specifically, prospective home buyers seem to be leaving cities where prices are too high in favor of more affordable locales."

How do you think they make houses, plant some seeds in the ground and give it plenty of water? No, construction companies build houses. When the state favors union labor to build those houses, the prices are much higher than non-union construction companies. Even if you don't build a house and buy a used one, your insurance to cover a total loss is based on what it would take a union company to rebuild that structure. The more it costs, the higher the premium.

About 15 years ago our city got an offer from the state. If we could come up with half the money to rebuild our schools, the state would fund the other half. The levy failed several times until the city snuck a levy in the middle of August when people were on vacation or not paying attention and got the money for new school buildings. After the project started, the unions filed a complaint because we were using non-union construction companies. To avoid litigation and honor the construction contracts we already signed, the city agreed to pay prevailing wage.

That cost us much more money than we voted for or had intentions on spending. Today we are one of the highest taxed cities in the county, and have very little to show for it other than new school buildings. Our roads are crap, our city services the same, we can't get enough police offices, but hey......we got new school buildings that cost us a ton of money thanks to the criminal unions.

What does a company mean in this regard? There will be requirements of how many trucks it must have, trade unions and so on? Will it be suffice if this company employs only two persons and owns one truck?

What they want to do is force all transportation to companies instead of individuals. Companies are more likely to have union workers. Large outfits have hundreds of trucks and drivers.

So prices are high because people are willing to pay for them at that price. Weird.

It almost seems like what you consider “nice” isn’t really relevant since there are so many people willing to pay for those things. Sooo weird.
NOBODY decent in touch and sane “wants” to live in blue shitholes like Compton….they feel trapped, they feel like they have to live in shitholes like Compton.

How do you think they make houses, plant some seeds in the ground and give it plenty of water? No, construction companies build houses.
And location is a huge factor in determining how much people are willing to pay for that house.

Two identical houses with identical costs to make are going to cost very different amounts in different parts of the country because of how much people are willing to pay to be there. People would be willing to spend a lot more for a house in Hawaii than for the same house in Bumblefuck, Alabama.

This really isn’t complicated.

We could add 20 others ( Newark ) (Camden ) ( Long Beach ) ( Stockton) (Newport News ) ( Belle Glade )( Houston ) ( Red Bluff ) ...
Thats false. Houston's population in the last ten years has jumped to 10MM people in the Houston Metro area.

And location is a huge factor in determining how much people are willing to pay for that house.

Two identical houses with identical costs to make are going to cost very different amounts in different parts of the country because of how much people are willing to pay to be there. People would be willing to spend a lot more for a house in Hawaii than for the same house in Bumblefuck, Alabama.

This really isn’t complicated.

Only true to a point. There is the cost of the house and property vs sale price. If a house costs your company $350,000 to build in CA, you can't sell it for $350,000. You need to sell it for more such as $400,000. If that exact same house costs $175,000 to build in Alabama, they need to sell it for $225,000. Material, supplies and labor is cheaper in Alabama.

I remember when I was a teen my father got a job offer in the winter to work in Florida. Normally once winter hits, he's on unemployment for the season because you can't lay brick when it's below freezing. When he found out the pay, he told them to take their job and shove it. He said he made more money being on unemployment up north than he would working in Florida for the season when you consider living arrangements such as a hotel and food. They didn't pay bricklayers shit in Florida compared to the money he normally makes here in Ohio. This is what I'm talking about.

My city has a mandate that all apartments must be inspected before I rent to any new tenant. I could have an apartment up to code last year when inspected, and this year when they inspect, they want me to make more updates because the city or state codes changed. It's almost non-stop with these additional regulations you need to have every year, and it gets more and more expensive.

And not surprisingly, they are all blue cities.

Top 10 Cities People Are Looking to Leave​

Cities people want to flee:

1. San Francisco
  2. Los Angeles
  3. New York City
  4. Washington, DC
  5. Seattle
  6. Boston
  7. Detroit
  8. Denver
  9. Chicago
  10. Minneapolis

Houston for me!

that happened to California in the 80's and 90's.....people from the other states moved in to get their piece of the pie....payback is a bitch....

People aren’t moving out of blue shitholes to get a piece of the pie elsewhere. Their moving to get away from the destruction caused by leftism.
See the difference there numbnutz?

Material, supplies, and labor aren’t what drives the price so much higher in California. It’s because people are willing to spend more to live in California.

Location, location, location.

Right. And I guess remodeling jobs cost more because of location, location, location too, right?

Right. And I guess remodeling jobs cost more because of location, location, location too, right?
Yes, jobs pay different rates based on location, location, location. Still not the point. I, as a consumer, have a choice to buy a house wherever I want.

Here’s an example: There are two cereals in the grocery store that are similar. One has a cost of $3.00. The other has a cost of $6.00. Some people choose to buy the $3 cereal and some people choose to buy the $6 cereal. Why would some people buy the $6 cereal?

This is simple economics.

What they want to do is force all transportation to companies instead of individuals. Companies are more likely to have union workers. Large outfits have hundreds of trucks and drivers.
Material, supplies, and labor aren’t what drives the price so much higher in California. It’s because people are willing to spend more to live in California.

Location, location, location.

Union Companies are just about guaranteed to support democrats and their workers are forced to. The law is a kickback to the union all at taxpayer Exspense.

Union Companies are just about guaranteed to support democrats and their workers are forced to. The law is a kickback to the union all at taxpayer Exspense.
Home buyers have a choice to buy a more expensive home in California vs a cheaper house in Bumblefuck, Alabama.

Forum List

Back