The top 10 cities people are looking to put in their rearview mirrors

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
And not surprisingly, they are all blue cities.

Top 10 Cities People Are Looking to Leave​

Cities people want to flee:

1. San Francisco
  2. Los Angeles
  3. New York City
  4. Washington, DC
  5. Seattle
  6. Boston
  7. Detroit
  8. Denver
  9. Chicago
  10. Minneapolis

Crazy house prices have upended the market in the last two years, triggering what the real estate brokerage firm Redfin labels unprecedented levels of relocation. Specifically, prospective home buyers seem to be leaving cities where prices are too high in favor of more affordable locales. The company ranked the cities on both ends of this spectrum—where the number of people looking to move in outnumbers those looking to move out, and vice versa. The top 10 in each, with CNBC noting that some of the nation's most populous cities are well represented on the "want to flee" list:

1. San Francisco
  2. Los Angeles
  3. New York City
  4. Washington, DC
  5. Seattle
  6. Boston
  7. Detroit
  8. Denver
  9. Chicago
  10. Minneapolis

1. San Francisco
  2. Los Angeles
  3. New York City
  4. Washington, DC
  5. Seattle
  6. Boston
  7. Detroit
  8. Denver
  9. Chicago
  10. Minneapolis

I'm shocked that people want to leave shit holes.

Because. They're. Expensive.

Your link: "Crazy house prices have upended the market in the last two years, triggering what the real estate brokerage firm Redfin labels unprecedented levels of relocation. Specifically, prospective home buyers seem to be leaving cities where prices are too high in favor of more affordable locales."

1. San Francisco
  2. Los Angeles
  3. New York City
  4. Washington, DC
  5. Seattle
  6. Boston
  7. Detroit
  8. Denver
  9. Chicago
  10. Minneapolis

people are fleeing demafasict cities faster then folks like 1930s germany and castro’s cuba

Good!

Shorter lines and better seats for the rest of us.

And much less tax revenue. Don't you remember the last time the left kicked good people out with busing? Cities went to hell. The people with money moved out. The people with no money stayed behind because they couldn't afford to move out.

people are fleeing demafasict cities faster then folks like 1930s germany and castro’s cuba

That's not the problem. The real problem is they move next door to you if you're in a red or purple state, and use the ballot box to start destroying your city as well.

Because. They're. Expensive.

Your link: "Crazy house prices have upended the market in the last two years, triggering what the real estate brokerage firm Redfin labels unprecedented levels of relocation. Specifically, prospective home buyers seem to be leaving cities where prices are too high in favor of more affordable locales."

And who's responsible for those high prices?

Now let's do metros they are moving to. I'd say Austin, Dallas, Houston, and Boise for starters. Also Washington DC.

No specific person. House prices are dictated by what people are willing to pay for them. Location, location, location is a very big factor for people.

Simple as that.

I think you're mistaken. The cost of living is huge in nearly every blue city and state in the north east and west coast. Taxes are high and strong union support means people have to make more money to live there. Watch. Now that people are leaving these areas in droves the cost of living won't go down. If anything, it will go up even more. The median cost of a home in the US is around 300K. It's twice that in California and nearly the same in NYC.

That's not the problem. The real problem is they move next door to you if you're in a red or purple state, and use the ballot box to start destroying your city as well.
that happened to California in the 80's and 90's.....people from the other states moved in to get their piece of the pie....payback is a bitch....

I think you're mistaken. The cost of living is huge in nearly every blue city and state in the north east and west coast. Taxes are high and strong union support means people have to make more money to live there. Watch. Now that people are leaving these areas in droves the cost of living won't go down. If anything, it will go up even more. The median cost of a home in the US is around 300K. It's twice that in California and nearly the same in NYC.
Cost of living includes housing, obviously. Nicer things tend to cost more. People are willing to pay more to live in California and New York than they are to live in Bumblefuck, Alabama. People are getting priced out and are moving because of it.

"Crazy house prices have upended the market in the last two years, triggering what the real estate brokerage firm Redfin labels unprecedented levels of relocation. Specifically, prospective home buyers seem to be leaving cities where prices are too high in favor of more affordable locales."

Cost of living includes housing, obviously. Nicer things tend to cost more. People are willing to pay more to live in California and New York than they are to live in Bumblefuck, Alabama. People are getting priced out and are moving because of it.

"Crazy house prices have upended the market in the last two years, triggering what the real estate brokerage firm Redfin labels unprecedented levels of relocation. Specifically, prospective home buyers seem to be leaving cities where prices are too high in favor of more affordable locales."

I was just in the forum of California's AB-5 bill that now prohibits independent truckers from operating there. It's just one example of how these Democrats inflate the price of things. They want to pressure owner operators out of the state to give work to their union buddies. This will only result in an augmented supply chain problem along with increased prices adding to our inflation.

When my cousin got married she and her new husband went to CA because he got a job there. Now divorced and kids out of the house, she's moving back to Cleveland as soon as she retires. The cost of living there is twice than it is in our state. When she sells her house in CA, she'll not only get a much larger and nicer house here, but will have a few hundred thousand left over for fun money.

I ran into her about five or six years ago at a family doing. She told me to make ends meet, she rented out her in-law suite. Nothing more than a small kitchen, living room and one bedroom. Back then she was getting $1,200 for it, and she had a line of people ready to jump on the offer. My average rent here is about $600.00 for a two bedroom unit. I could get more, but I love my tenants here and want them to stay with me until I pass away. But even at the max, I would get about $750.00 at most.

1. San Francisco
  2. Los Angeles
  3. New York City
  4. Washington, DC
  5. Seattle
  6. Boston
  7. Detroit
  8. Denver
  9. Chicago
  10. Minneapolis
The only cities that I have ever been to is Washington DC, Detroit, Chicago, and Minneapolis.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. It has been 15 years since I was in Washington DC and 29 years since I was in the other three cities. What is it about Minneapolis that made the powers that be have the Mall Of America establishment be there out of any other city that it could've been in?

Forum List

Back