The Texas Rangers

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
The history of the Texas Rangers is as complicated as Texas history itself .

1613854222766.png

The history of the Texas Rangers spans nearly 200 years. Thousands of Rangers patrolled the frontier, fought in military battles, and arrested cattle rustlers. Their story contains heroic acts of bravery, but also moments that challenge our idea of the Rangers as noble lawmen. They protected settlers and enforced laws, but also sometimes executed thieves without a trial, drove Native American tribes from their homelands, and some Rangers even lynched Mexicans and Mexican Americans along the Texas-Mexico border.

The Texas Ranger Story | Texas State History Museum

View attachment 459662
The history of the Texas Rangers spans nearly 200 years. Thousands of Rangers patrolled the frontier, fought in military battles, and arrested cattle rustlers. Their story contains heroic acts of bravery, but also moments that challenge our idea of the Rangers as noble lawmen. They protected settlers and enforced laws, but also sometimes executed thieves without a trial, drove Native American tribes from their homelands, and some Rangers even lynched Mexicans and Mexican Americans along the Texas-Mexico border.

Yes but when did the form a baseball team?

And when will the baseball team change their name?

After all, the name "Ranger", or even "Texan", seems threatening and racist and just gives me the willies when I think about it late at night in bed.

In my documentaries that I can watch in France the Texas Rangers police are too cool , they are very different from other police officers from other states of the United States.
Here the gendarmerie is very different from the police.

Back in the beginning of the Rangers a lot of them were pretty unsavory characters known for drunkenness and debauchery.
Some worked for free for the power that was granted them,especially during the indian wars against the Comanche.
They were some brutal MFers when it came to the indians and killed them at will,including the women and children.

They use to be brutal but they are not anymore today . They are impressive in the documentary , they are calm not like the police here in France the Gendarme are a little better.

View attachment 459662

Yes but when did the form a baseball team?

And when will the baseball team change their name?

After all, the name "Ranger", or even "Texan", seems threatening and racist and just gives me the willies when I think about it late at night in bed.
Fucking Cry Baby.

I'm married to a French Templar who loves Western movies now he got 108 western movies for now and i really think that the cowboy that remain in the USA are the Texas Ranger.

Over the years, the number of working cowboys has declined, but the occupation isn’t obsolete. The cowboy lifestyle and culture is still found in certain areas of the United States, albeit to a lesser degree than a century ago.

Cowboys continue to help run large ranches in states like Texas, Utah, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.

in 2003 there were about 9,730 workers in the category “support activities for animal production,” which included cowboys.

While opportunities may have shifted, the American cowboy is still very much a part of life in the American West.

Sources

Cowboys, PBS.
The History of the Vaquero, American Cowboy.
The Ways of the Cowboy, USHistory.org.
The Last Cowboy, PBS.
15 Places in the U.S. Where Cowboy Culture Is Alive and Well, Wide Open Country.
5 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About the American Cowboy, Ancestry.

Forum List

Back