The Temptations

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Just finished watching the movie on tv. Makes me miss what was. Smooth GREAT music by some very talented guys that brought all walks of life and color together. What the hell happened with that content? Now its nothing but hateful rap and anger. Nastiness.

Anyway....made me kinda sad that it ended.

"They were Black. They were Black. It didn't matter if they were Miles Davis or Mingus," says The O'Jays' lead singer Eddie LeVert, one of 15 African-American music pioneers Billboard interviewed for this oral history of Black touring artists in the ’50s and ’60s. "These are people that maybe sit there and enjoyed their music and danced to it. But because they're Black, we cannot serve you. Because you're Black, we have to beat you. Because you're Black, we have to have systemic racism, which goes on for years and years."

Last edited:

"They were Black. They were Black. It didn't matter if they were Miles Davis or Mingus," says The O'Jays' lead singer Eddie LeVert, one of 15 African-American music pioneers Billboard interviewed for this oral history of Black touring artists in the ’50s and ’60s. "These are people that maybe sit there and enjoyed their music and danced to it. But because they're Black, we cannot serve you. Because you're Black, we have to beat you. Because you're Black, we have to have systemic racism, which goes on for years and years."

Why bring that shit into a positive thread about a great group of musicians?

Read the OP. If you dont like what I posted you are free to skip over it. Thats the problem with with you inbreds. You want to skip over what they were really about and they pointed that out in their comments.

The Temptations, The Fifth Dimension, The Jacksons, Earth Wind and Fire, The Isley Brothers, The Four Tops, Sly and the Family Stone, The Supremes, Gladys Knight and the Pips.................

Nobody gave a shit what color they were, where they came from, what religion they were, or what political leanings they had........................

All the fans knew was, we wanted more! We wanted the music, the happiness, and the freedom of what they were giving in the forms of song and dance!!

We love them for their talents, their voices, their song styles, their lyrics, and the joy they gave our lives when we needed it!!

Yes, I agree..............I too greatly miss this.

Read the OP. If you dont like what I posted you are free to skip over it. Thats the problem with with you inbreds. You want to skip over what they were really about and they pointed that out in their comments.

Fuck off.

Fuck off.
go fuck yourself first.

The Temptations, The Fifth Dimension, The Jacksons, Earth Wind and Fire, The Isley Brothers, The Four Tops, Sly and the Family Stone, The Supremes, Gladys Knight and the Pips.................

Nobody gave a shit what color they were, where they came from, what religion they were, or what political leanings they had........................

All the fans knew was, we wanted more! We wanted the music, the happiness, and the freedom of what they were giving in the forms of song and dance!!

We love them for their talents, their voices, their song styles, their lyrics, and the joy they gave our lives when we needed it!!

Obviously people gave a shit what color they were. They got discriminated against.

They got discriminated against? Care to elaborate? White people didn't pay good money for their albums, to go to their performances?

Obviously people gave a shit what color they were. They got discriminated against.

I'm not talking about the inbreds, dipshits, morons, and fuktards...............
I'm talking about the decent civilized people who didn't give a rats ass.

They got discriminated against? Care to elaborate? White people didn't pay good money for their albums, to go to their performances?
White people pay good money to watch NBA players and discriminate against them too. If you read their comments I posted you will see how uneducated you are in regards to that topic.

Why bring in a song by the Temptations in a thread about the Temptations? You're kidding, right?

White people pay good money to watch NBA players and discriminate against them too. If you read their comments I posted you will see how uneducated you are in regards to that topic.

I'm not uneducated, I use logic and reason to weigh the "good and bad".
OBVIOUSLY you failed to notice these musical groups became famous, made millions, toured the country, and became significant parts of American history. They didn't let the rantings of a few brain damaged loudmouths ruin them or their music!!

productmockup

I'm not uneducated, I use logic and reason to weigh the "good and bad".
OBVIOUSLY you failed to notice these musical groups became famous, made millions, toured the country, and became significant parts of American history. They didn't let the rantings of a few brain damaged loudmouths ruin them or their music!!

productmockup
You didnt use logic and reason if you are discounting the fact that they got discriminated against. You are simply using your filter to separate that fact from your reality. Their music was a result of the Black experience and no matter how much you want to separate the ugly from it you can't.

BTW if you read closely I never said you were uneducated. You got mixed up with a reply I made to someone else.

Why bring in a song by the Temptations in a thread about the Temptations? You're kidding, right?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone was my fav.

All those guys that played the parts...excellent. I cried when Melvin died.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone was my fav.

All those guys that played the parts...excellent. I cried when Melvin died.

They all played their parts very well, especially in some of the choreography, however the way that Melvin died in the movie was fictionalized, as was Paul Williams death. But overall, they made it a very entertaining story.

Forum List

Back