The Supreme Court is afraid of the word “shall”

A Supreme Court jurist using his own beliefs, be they ethical or political, is not corrupt, as long as they adhere to The Constitution.

Corruption occurs when a jurist stands to gain favor from that decision which, in the case of a SC jurist, would be extremely rare.

SC jurists only hear appeals of lower court decisions and would not be in a position to gain favor, political or financial, for their decisions.
Alito and Thomas gain favor from the plutocrats, fncceo

A Supreme Court jurist using his own beliefs, be they ethical or political, is not corrupt, as long as they adhere to The Constitution.

Corruption occurs when a jurist stands to gain favor from that decision which, in the case of a SC jurist, would be extremely rare.

SC jurists only hear appeals of lower court decisions and would not be in a position to gain favor, political or financial, for their decisions.
Corruption also occurs when they personally benefit from someone because that other person benefits from the decision.

And in such a position, even the appearance of impropriety must be avoided and treated like a actual bribe, whether it was or not.

I would submit that a warm fuzzy does not constitute corruption.
Which would be a very irrelevant and useless thing to say in response to my comments.

Bribes are very hard to prove. That's why even the Appearance of impropriety. must be avoided.

After months of wrangling about an Ethics Code, SCOTUS has finally released its Ethics Reform that all have signed.

Unfortunately, rather than use the word Judges “shall” act this way, they use the word “should”
There is no independent review, no consequences….just judges enforcing on themselves

Motherhood and Apple Pie Code

Zzz

Bribes can be proven, easily many times. Lt's stay with the truth.
No, bribes are notoriously hard to prove. That's why the concept of appearance of impropriety is such an important concept in policies, codes of ethics, etc.

Typically Mr Quid and Mr Pro don't sign a contract to leave lying around for someone to find later.

I think the two of you are confused and thinking about "solicitation of bribes", like Blagojevich.

No, bribes are notoriously hard to prove. That's why the concept of appearance of impropriety is such an important concept in policies, codes of ethics, etc.

Typically Mr Quid and Mr Pro don't sign a contract to leave lying around for someone to find later.

I think the two of you are confused and thinking about "solicitation of bribes", like Blagojevich.

How do you assess the impact of a week long paid vacation on a judges ultimate vote?

That is why they have to avoid even the appearance of impropriety

Forum List

Back