The String of Pearls

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Amr, a person asked Allah's Apostle . "What (sort of) deeds in or (what qualities of) Islam are good?" He replied, "To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you don't know."

how exciting-----every religion that preceded islam did the
"feed the poor" thing-------complete with parables and lessons
and even law and the hospitality thing

I speak of the traditional knowledge in Islam and the knowledge of the saints of Islam.

Umm Ma'bad (may God be well pleased with her) a Companion of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) said Muhammad's words resembled a string of pearls.

Two of the 201 names of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) are Sahibul Bayani and Fasihul Lisani. They respectively mean "Owner of Rhetorics" and "Eloquent". Muhammad was a very eloquent speaker and a refined orator. His sayings are known as the Hadiths. The Qur'an, which is from God Himself is not the only scripture in Islam. There are also the sayings of Muhammad, the Hadiths. For example, there is the collection of Hadiths known as Bukhari, or Muslim, or Sunan Abu Daud or Tirmidhi, etc...

The Hadiths, like the Qur'an are not meant to be understood on one's own. People must refer to the saints of Islam for the meanings, because they are holy words. The saints of Islam who are the intimates of God Almighty and His beloved, Muhammad, know the meanings and teach them. Nevertheless, let us consider the beauty of the words of Muhammad, the Hadiths.

I especially enjoyed the Hadith when somoene asked Mohammed in what direction he should urinate. :)

I know that one------he said----OPPOSITE MY DIRECTION----
and "go piss in your own tent"

Narrated by Abu Said Al-Khudri, Allah's Apostle said, "A time will come that the best property of a Muslim will be sheep which he will take on the top of mountains and the places of rainfall (valleys) so as to flee with his religion from afflictions."

interesting idea --------muslims should stay with their goats
in the hills

Should move all the world's religious people to Africa. Let em live there, close to Nature and their gods and far enough away from one another they don't fight. Rest of the world can continue without crazy people blowing stuff up, develop warp drive, and go to the stars. :)

Should move all the world's religious people to Africa. Let em live there, close to Nature and their gods and far enough away from one another they don't fight. Rest of the world can continue without crazy people blowing stuff up, develop warp drive, and go to the stars. :)

Is there an "ENTERPRISE" in my future-----complete
with replicator and----sizzle transporter?

Undoubtedly. No transporters for living things though. To transport a living being you have to quantum scan every particle in their body, and doing that destroys the material you're recording in the process. Could work for non-living things presumedly though. :) And the early work confirming the validity of warping space for propulsion is already underway. Whether we can build s hip utilizing that science anytime soon is another matter. Probably not. We still need a stable fuel that doesn't blow up like antimatter would yet much more powerful.

Undoubtedly. No transporters for living things though. To transport a living being you have to quantum scan every particle in their body, and doing that destroys the material you're recording in the process. Could work for non-living things presumedly though. :) And the early work confirming the validity of warping space for propulsion is already underway. Whether we can build s hip utilizing that science anytime soon is another matter. Probably not. We still need a stable fuel that doesn't blow up like antimatter would yet much more powerful.

I would be satisfied being catapulted thru wormholes----
------which I envision as the COSMIC SUBWAY SYSTEM----
now being constructed by heavenly beings

Science says we can make wormholes. Only have to manufacture two million-diameter spheres separated by less than one atom's distance and fling them both into a black hole. :)

Science says we can make wormholes. Only have to manufacture two million-diameter spheres separated by less than one atom's distance and fling them both into a black hole. :)

oh----ok-----two million what? is that a size?
can I make them in the kitchen?------got a recipe?----
is there a black hole somewhere nearby------like maybe
in Brooklyn?

Narrated by Abu Huraira, Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever observes fasts during the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith, and hoping to attain Allah's rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven."

Dear Muslim75 With these past two posts on "earning forgiveness by ritual prayer"
I think you have pinpointed where it is Critical to teach Biblical Scripture on forgiveness.

Otherwise it is Disastrous when people think they can commit any sin and just ask God to forgive
without accountability for consequences.

Both Christians and Muslims are called to respect civil authority, by which there is due process,
people are presumed innocent until proven guilty, and thus forgiveness is needed in order not to
act unjustly and to take justice into our own hands (and if we make errors, just assuming that we are forgiven by God).

By the laws of Justice, we are forgiven as we forgive those who trespass against us:

14"For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15"But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

This is in the Bible, which the Muslims are also called to follow.

The passages you cite CANNOT be taken out of context with the rest of the Scriptures, including the Bible.

May this wisdom and true unifying peace and justice
be received to unite all Jews Christians and Muslims
in the spirit of truth that sets humanity free from division and strife.

May the love of peace justice and wisdom from God
be granted and multiplied unto you, fill your words
your life and relations with universal true understanding
and bring renewal in Restorative Justice which is Christ Jesus.
Amen

Yours truly,
Emily

Narrated by 'Abdullah, when the following Verse was revealed: "It is those who believe and confuse not their belief with wrong (worshipping others besides Allah.)" (6:83), the companions of Allah's Apostle asked, "Who is amongst us who had not done injustice (wrong)?" Allah revealed: "No doubt, joining others in worship with Allah is a great injustice (wrong) indeed." (31.13)

Dear Muslim75
This reminds me of a passage someone showed me that
if someone does "not make peace with his brother" then all his acts of goodness/charity mean nothing.

Can you help me find this?

It is similar to the Biblical passage to first make peace with each other, settle disputes or wrongs between us,
BEFORE making offerings on the altar.

Do you know of the teaching in Islam that we must make peace first, between our brothers/ourselves,
or else our offerings are not sincere?

Narrated by Anas, the Prophet said, "Medina is a sanctuary from that place to that. Its trees should not be cut and no heresy should be innovated nor any sin should be committed in it, and whoever innovates in it an heresy or commits sins (bad deeds), then he will incur the curse of Allah, the angels, and all the people."

(Bukhari)

Narrated by 'Aisha , (the tribe of) Quraish used to fast on the day of Ashura' in the Pre-lslamic period, and then Allah's Apostle ordered (Muslims) to fast on it till the fasting in the month of Ramadan was prescribed; whereupon the Prophet said, "He who wants to fast (on 'Ashura') may fast, and he who does not want to fast may not fast."

(Bukhari)

Narrated by Anas, the Prophet said, "Medina is a sanctuary from that place to that. Its trees should not be cut and no heresy should be innovated nor any sin should be committed in it, and whoever innovates in it an heresy or commits sins (bad deeds), then he will incur the curse of Allah, the angels, and all the people."

(Bukhari)
'
muhummad and his friends---murdered in medina---raped in medina ---and
pillaged and enslaved in medina-----that city is steeped in sin and filth enacted
by the rapist pig himself

Narrated by Sahl, the Prophet said, "There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, 'Where are those who used to observe fasts?' They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it."

(Bukhari)

Narrated by Abu Huraira, Allah's Apostle said, "When Ramadan begins, the gates of Paradise are opened."

(Bukhari)

Narrated by 'Abdullah, when the following Verse was revealed: "It is those who believe and confuse not their belief with wrong (worshipping others besides Allah.)" (6:83), the companions of Allah's Apostle asked, "Who is amongst us who had not done injustice (wrong)?" Allah revealed: "No doubt, joining others in worship with Allah is a great injustice (wrong) indeed." (31.13)

Dear Muslim75
This reminds me of a passage someone showed me that
if someone does "not make peace with his brother" then all his acts of goodness/charity mean nothing.

Can you help me find this?

It is similar to the Biblical passage to first make peace with each other, settle disputes or wrongs between us,
BEFORE making offerings on the altar.

Do you know of the teaching in Islam that we must make peace first, between our brothers/ourselves,
or else our offerings are not sincere?

Emily,

I am very sorry to reply this late.

What you said in your post reminds me of one who, in Islam, we call a "bankrupt". He is one who prayed, fasted, made pilgrimages and many other good deeds. However he slandered someone, insulted another one, harmed another one, backbited another one, deceived another one, etc...On the Day of Judgment his good deeds are taken from him to be bestowed on those he harmed. If there still remains offenses not made up for, the bad deeds of others are bestowed on him until eveything is made up for. He ends up in Hell though he did many good deeds.

There must be a Hadith of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) about it, but I can't find it, unfortunately.

Narrated Muhammad bin Ka'b Al-Qurazi, I heard 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud saying: 'The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "[Whoever recites a letter] from Allah's Book, then he receives the reward from it, and the reward of ten the like of it. I do not say that Alif Lam Mim is a letter, but Alif is a letter, Lam is a letter and Mim is a letter."

Narrated Abu Hurairah, that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) came out to Ubayy bin Ka'b, and the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "O Ubayy!" And he was performing Salat, so Ubayy turned around but he did not respond to him, so Ubayy finished his Salat quickly. Then he turned to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) and said: 'As-Salamu 'Alaikum, O Messenger of Allah!' The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'Wa 'Alaikum As-Salam - what prevented you from responding to me when I called you Ubayy?' He said: 'O Messenger of Allah! I was performing Salat.' So he said: 'Do you not find among what Allah revealed to me: Respond to Allah and to the Messenger when they call you to what gives you life?' He said: 'Of course, I shall not repeat that, if Allah wills.' He said: 'Would you like for me to teach you a Surah the likes of which has neither been revealed in the Tawrah (the Torah), nor the Injil (the Gospel), nor the Zabur (the Psalms), nor in the entire Qur'an?' He said: "Yes, O Messenger of Allah!' The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'What do you recite in your Salat?' He said: 'I recite Umm Al-Qur'an.' So the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'By the One in Whose Hand is my soul! The like of it has neither been revealed in the Tawrah, nor the Injil nor the Zabur, nor in the Furqan. It is the seven oft-repeated, and the Magnificent Qur'an which I was given.'"

(Tirmidhi)

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
"The slave who is jointly owned by two persons, and is emancipated by one of them, (this one) has liability (upon him to secure complete freedom for that slave)." (Sahih Muslim)

Forum List

Back