The State of the Black Union

What is the State of Black America?

• Total voters

To be candid, why would certain individuals who post here have any "hope" for what transpires in the black community?

As a kid, when I was about 13, my father wanted in the worst way to take me to see the first Godfather movie with Marlon Brando, because of this quote:

Near the end of the movie, as i sat there mezmerized by the bloodshed these people inflicted upon one another,a truce was proposed by one of the family heads to stop the violence. One of them, named Don Zaluchi, had something to say:

“I don’t believe in drugs. For years I paid my people extra so they wouldn’t do that kind of business. Somebody comes to them and says, ‘I have powders. If you put up a three, four thousand dollar investment, we can make fifty thousand distributing.’ So they can’t resist. I want to control it as a business, to keep it respectable.”

He then slams his hand on the table and raises his voice and says:

“But I don’t want it near schools! I don’t want it sold to children! That’s an infamia. In my city, we would keep the traffic to the dark people, the coloreds. They’re animals anyway, so let them lose their souls.”

After
the movie on the ride home, my father looked at me and said:
[
[/B]

"How about that?! They say WE are animals and although it was a movie, a lot was based on truth.This took place less than 30 years ago, and I recall reading about hearing about how they romanticized these type of criminals.

THAT same view that they have of YOU because of your race will hold true until you're an old adult, because to many of them, we are all alike.

Imagine if they were judged as all being the same based on the actions and morally degenerate behavior of some like the characters in that movie".
[/B][/B]

Why shouldn't there be hope for what transpires in the black community?

As for the movie quote and what your father said could be based on what you see in the news every day, i.e. young black woman punches 70 year old Walmart greeter, flash mobs, knock-out games, the fact that 50 percent of violent crimes are committed by blacks who make up only about 12 percent of the total population and then you wonder why blacks may be considered "animals" to some people?

What is being done to destroy the stereotype? Nothing. As a matter of fact it's being glorified in the rap industry and it's being justified by blaming it on slavery and "the white man keeping me down" mantra.

If the majority of blacks are honest, hard working law abiding citizens, then it's up to them to start reversing the stereotype.

No, I don't "wonder why" there are stereotypes. The operative word in your statement is "some" people.

It is a fact that "some" people are ignorant and apply stereotypes to masses of other people because it is easier to read a newspaper or selectively focus on certain news articles from a distance as opposed to basing opinions on day to day interactions with ALL types of people.

The news networks would not attract the ratings needed to stay on the air if it led with positive stories as opposed to the sordid stories that attract the human need for peeking at the macabre from a safe distance.

When was the last time you spent an entire day in a predominately black community?

Although I re do not live in one, i came from one, and I come back to a different one every week to do work as a board member for a non profit organization which sponsors various programs that are based on self improvement through self reliance.

So no, I can attest to the fact through what I see, that there is no buy in glorifying by the majority of the black population, to the stereotypes that you "believe" to be true.

However, they are YOUR beliefs, which you are certainly entitled to.

But it's not ignorance when the evidence is all around them. You want people to not base their opinion on the news but instead by day to day life? Day to day life doesn't tell give you important information about the world around us. You want people to live in a bubble and not see the world as it is.

I wouldn't last one day in a black neighborhood.

Stereotypes are not based on falsehoods. You can ignore the problems in the black community and pretend things are not that bad as white folk think. But you are only fooling yourself and not doing anyone a favor.

When asked back in 2009 by Soledad O'Brien. "What are the biggest challenges facing African-American families?". Here are two responses from young blacks, they seem to get it yet you don't.

I am a 19 yr old African American female. And when I seen this post I had to respond. I feel the biggest struggle is that we are no longer a family period. Our children are living in homes were there is no head, no father present. No stability. No structure. I just have to add. I also hate to see how we come to this discussion about how to unite and start bashing each other, that's the problem right there. We have lost our respect and love for each other. If any race knows about stereotypes we should know. I am a educated black women. I know what I want in life, and have had to work twice as hard to achieve my goals. I also am not "promiscuous" as according to egghead976. And I have to say we are just in a different kind generation dealing in a different kind of slavery. An invisible one. Are chains are no longer physical. We have shackles on our minds, and we are totally self destructing as a race. This is not a gender thing. We are one as a race. And when we can see it like that and when we can start loving ourselves we will begin to see some healing. We have been programed into hating ourselves and who we are that we live out the stereotypes society gives us. We are stronger than that. If we dont change we will eventually kill each other off with our hatred for one another. Why cant you see I am you. You are me, and without you i cant survive. I am so tierd of all the people that make excuses why they choose to hate others. Like I said we need to respect each other. We all have the same struggle as black people in america. This society exactly isn't set up for us to flourish we are set up from day one, because of the color of our skin. And as we acknowledge that and look to our brother with a " I understand your struggle..Can I help you along" we will never be free as a people.

grace42day

Being a young black student at Michigan State University, I find it hard to place all the blame on the guys in our black community. Sure, most of us don't make the right choices most of the time but as a community we should work to support one another and not place blame all on one section of our community. I've lived in Detroit, Michigan for half my life and then moved to Bloomfield Hills, Michigan so I can say I've seen both sides of the spectrum. I think the biggest problem with our community is the fact that both sisters and brothers have problems and we are unwilling to address them. In Detroit, you can see the exact stereotypes people from places like Bloomfield Hills create and joke about. Sisters walking the streets looking like they are no more than 16 and pregnant, brothers walking around pants half down there butts with all kinds of affiliations with gangs. Honestly, where did we go wrong? We did we stop supporting ourselves? Why must everything we do "entertain" others? We lack will and focus. I don't think we should wait around for things like oppression to develop supportive skills for one another. Instead of focusing on "getting some" how about we focus on the creation of new materials, or developing better medicine. We need to stop looking at the government and Obama for support and look to ourselves, our family, and our neighbors to help strengthen our community.

n0a0m0e

To be candid, why would certain individuals who post here have any "hope" for what transpires in the black community?

As a kid, when I was about 13, my father wanted in the worst way to take me to see the first Godfather movie with Marlon Brando, because of this quote:

Near the end of the movie, as i sat there mezmerized by the bloodshed these people inflicted upon one another,a truce was proposed by one of the family heads to stop the violence. One of them, named Don Zaluchi, had something to say:

“I don’t believe in drugs. For years I paid my people extra so they wouldn’t do that kind of business. Somebody comes to them and says, ‘I have powders. If you put up a three, four thousand dollar investment, we can make fifty thousand distributing.’ So they can’t resist. I want to control it as a business, to keep it respectable.”

He then slams his hand on the table and raises his voice and says:

“But I don’t want it near schools! I don’t want it sold to children! That’s an infamia. In my city, we would keep the traffic to the dark people, the coloreds. They’re animals anyway, so let them lose their souls.”

After
the movie on the ride home, my father looked at me and said:
[
[/B]

"How about that?! They say WE are animals and although it was a movie, a lot was based on truth.This took place less than 30 years ago, and I recall reading about hearing about how they romanticized these type of criminals.

THAT same view that they have of YOU because of your race will hold true until you're an old adult, because to many of them, we are all alike.

Imagine if they were judged as all being the same based on the actions and morally degenerate behavior of some like the characters in that movie".
[/B][/B]

As for the movie quote and what your father said could be based on what you see in the news every day, i.e. young black woman punches 70 year old Walmart greeter, flash mobs, knock-out games, the fact that 50 percent of violent crimes are committed by blacks who make up only about 12 percent of the total population and then you wonder why blacks may be considered "animals" to some people?

What is being done to destroy the stereotype? Nothing. As a matter of fact it's being glorified in the rap industry and it's being justified by blaming it on slavery and "the white man keeping me down" mantra.

If the majority of blacks are honest, hard working law abiding citizens, then it's up to them to start reversing the stereotype.

No, I don't "wonder why" there are stereotypes. The operative word in your statement is "some" people.

It is a fact that "some" people are ignorant and apply stereotypes to masses of other people because it is easier and much safer to read a newspaper or selectively focus on certain news articles from a distance as opposed to basing opinions on day to day interactions with ALL types of people.

The news networks would not attract the ratings needed to stay on the air if it led with positive stories as opposed to the sordid stories that appeal to the human need for peeking at the macabre from a safe distance.

When was the last time you spent an entire day in a predominately black community?

Although I do not live in one, I came from one, and I come back to a different one every week to do work as a board member for a non profit organization which sponsors various programs that are based on self improvement through self reliance.

So no, I can attest to the fact through what I SEE daily, that there is no mass buy in to glorifying by the majority of the black population the stereotypes that you "believe" to be true.

Look at the statistics; op. That is not a stereotype - that is reality! That is what needs to be dealt with - enough dancing around it :eusa_pray:

It is a fact that "some" people are ignorant and apply stereotypes to masses of other people because it is easier to read a newspaper or selectively focus on certain news articles from a distance as opposed to basing opinions on day to day interactions with ALL types of people.

The news networks would not attract the ratings needed to stay on the air if it led with positive stories as opposed to the sordid stories that attract the human need for peeking at the macabre from a safe distance.

Although I re do not live in one, i came from one, and I come back to a different one every week to do work as a board member for a non profit organization which sponsors various programs that are based on self improvement through self reliance.

So no, I can attest to the fact through what I see, that there is no buy in glorifying by the majority of the black population, to the stereotypes that you "believe" to be true.

But it's not ignorance when the evidence is all around them. You want people to not base their opinion on the news but instead by day to day life? Day to day life doesn't tell give you important information about the world around us. You want people to live in a bubble and not see the world as it is.

Stereotypes are not based on falsehoods. You can ignore the problems in the black community and pretend things are not that bad as white folk think. But you are only fooling yourself and not doing anyone a favor.

When asked back in 2009 by Soledad O'Brien. "What are the biggest challenges facing African-American families?". Here are two responses from young blacks, they seem to get it yet you don't.

I am a 19 yr old African American female. And when I seen this post I had to respond. I feel the biggest struggle is that we are no longer a family period. Our children are living in homes were there is no head, no father present. No stability. No structure. I just have to add. I also hate to see how we come to this discussion about how to unite and start bashing each other, that's the problem right there. We have lost our respect and love for each other. If any race knows about stereotypes we should know. I am a educated black women. I know what I want in life, and have had to work twice as hard to achieve my goals. I also am not "promiscuous" as according to egghead976. And I have to say we are just in a different kind generation dealing in a different kind of slavery. An invisible one. Are chains are no longer physical. We have shackles on our minds, and we are totally self destructing as a race. This is not a gender thing. We are one as a race. And when we can see it like that and when we can start loving ourselves we will begin to see some healing. We have been programed into hating ourselves and who we are that we live out the stereotypes society gives us. We are stronger than that. If we dont change we will eventually kill each other off with our hatred for one another. Why cant you see I am you. You are me, and without you i cant survive. I am so tierd of all the people that make excuses why they choose to hate others. Like I said we need to respect each other. We all have the same struggle as black people in america. This society exactly isn't set up for us to flourish we are set up from day one, because of the color of our skin. And as we acknowledge that and look to our brother with a " I understand your struggle..Can I help you along" we will never be free as a people.

grace42day

Being a young black student at Michigan State University, I find it hard to place all the blame on the guys in our black community. Sure, most of us don't make the right choices most of the time but as a community we should work to support one another and not place blame all on one section of our community. I've lived in Detroit, Michigan for half my life and then moved to Bloomfield Hills, Michigan so I can say I've seen both sides of the spectrum. I think the biggest problem with our community is the fact that both sisters and brothers have problems and we are unwilling to address them. In Detroit, you can see the exact stereotypes people from places like Bloomfield Hills create and joke about. Sisters walking the streets looking like they are no more than 16 and pregnant, brothers walking around pants half down there butts with all kinds of affiliations with gangs. Honestly, where did we go wrong? We did we stop supporting ourselves? Why must everything we do "entertain" others? We lack will and focus. I don't think we should wait around for things like oppression to develop supportive skills for one another. Instead of focusing on "getting some" how about we focus on the creation of new materials, or developing better medicine. We need to stop looking at the government and Obama for support and look to ourselves, our family, and our neighbors to help strengthen our community.

n0a0m0e

Ok, so show me something that I have not seen. I have probably seen every exposé that Soledad and other reporters have put out there as well as talked to countless young and old black people IN their homes, which means I did not read this type of feedback from a distance or sat comfortably at home after watching a special on television and then flocked to an Internet forum with what I thought was "informed optimism" when it was really "uninformed pessimism".

Who is denying that there are issues that exist? Your opinion that "I don't get it" because I don't put much credibility in what you see "from a distance" is because I see it up close and personal.

I have believed for decades that goverment intervention is not the cure for dysfunctionalism. The only "medicine" that will cure that disease is more people being involved in enacting change on a local level by personal visibility and engaging those afflicted one on one to break negative generational cycles.

That being said, you're preaching to the wrong choir. I've read and heard everything your saying, but my choice has been to invest time and resources towards change. As it should be.

Frankly, if I was a white former convict and had been exposed to what you say you have, I would most likely want to distance myself as far from any memories of my past as I could as well. So I don't blame you.

On the other hand, please don't make the mistake of assuming that you understand what goes on in these communitities and that I don't.

It is a fact that "some" people are ignorant and apply stereotypes to masses of other people because it is easier and much safer to read a newspaper or selectively focus on certain news articles from a distance as opposed to basing opinions on day to day interactions with ALL types of people.

The news networks would not attract the ratings needed to stay on the air if it led with positive stories as opposed to the sordid stories that appeal to the human need for peeking at the macabre from a safe distance.

Although I do not live in one, I came from one, and I come back to a different one every week to do work as a board member for a non profit organization which sponsors various programs that are based on self improvement through self reliance.

So no, I can attest to the fact through what I SEE daily, that there is no mass buy in to glorifying by the majority of the black population the stereotypes that you "believe" to be true.

Look at the statistics; op. That is not a stereotype - that is reality! That is what needs to be dealt with - enough dancing around it :eusa_pray:

What makes you think that I have not looked up the "statistics"?

grace42day

n0a0m0e

Ok, so show me something that I have not seen. I have probably seen every exposé that Soledad and other reporters have put out there as well as talked to countless young and old black people IN their homes, which means I did not read this type of feedback from a distance or sat comfortably at home after watching a special on television and then flocked to an Internet forum with what I thought was "informed optimism" when it was really "uninformed pessimism".

Who is denying that there are issues that exist? Your opinion that "I don't get it" because I don't put much credibility in what you see "from a distance" is because I see it up close and personal.

I have believed for decades that goverment intervention is not the cure for dysfunctionalism. The only "medicine" that will cure that disease is more people being involved in enacting change on a local level by personal visibility and engaging those afflicted one on one to break negative generational cycles.

That being said, you're preaching to the wrong choir. I've read and heard everything your saying, but my choice has been to invest time and resources towards change. As it should be.

Frankly, if I was a white former convict and had been exposed to what you say you have, I would most likely want to distance myself as far from any memories of my past as I could as well. So I don't blame you.

On the other hand, please don't make the mistake of assuming that you understand what goes on in these communitities and that I don't.

Requesting I spend a day in a black neighborhood is a good indication that you do not see a problem. And I don't see it from a distance, I see it in everyday life.

Your "medicine" can only work when it's used. And so far it is not being used. What have you done to encourage change?

Also the "stereotypes I believe to be true" are in fact true, you just describe them as negative generational cycles.

I don't run from my past, I embrace it and use it to educate those that I see following that path. The experiences I gained have helped me more than it hurt me.

Your last sentence makes you sound ridiculous and I've heard it before, things like I don't know what's like because I'm not black. To this I say bullshit! I don't need to be black to understand the plight of blacks and the cause for their plight. Hell anyone of any color with half a mind can see the problems. But, if you insist that I can't "understand what goes on in these communitities (sp) " then go ahead and believe that.

grace42day

n0a0m0e

Requesting I spend a day in a black neighborhood is a good indication that you do not see a problem. And I don't see it from a distance, I see it in everyday life.

Your "medicine" can only work when it's used. And so far it is not being used. What have you done to encourage change?

Also the "stereotypes I believe to be true" are in fact true, you just describe them as negative generational cycles.

I don't run from my past, I embrace it and use it to educate those that I see following that path. The experiences I gained have helped me more than it hurt me.

Your last sentence makes you sound ridiculous and I've heard it before, things like I don't know what's like because I'm not black. To this I say bullshit! I don't need to be black to understand the plight of blacks and the cause for their plight. Hell anyone of any color with half a mind can see the problems. But, if you insist that I can't "understand what goes on in these communitities (sp) " then go ahead and believe that.

Let us know the day you turn Black. Until then what you think or say has no credibility. Most of the white bigots and hill billies here are a piss poor representation of the white population. So far all of you are either jailbirds or minimum wage social rejects. No one can take such trash seriously.

Let us know the day you turn Black. Until then what you think or say has no credibility. Most of the white bigots and hill billies here are a piss poor representation of the white population. So far all of you are either jailbirds or minimum wage social rejects. No one can take such trash seriously.

It will be the same day you turn white. Until then what you think or say has no credibility. Most of the black bigots and racist here are a piss poor representation of the black population. So far all of you are minimum wage social rejects. No one can take such trash seriously.

grace42day

n0a0m0e

First of all, I did not "request" that you "spend your time" anywhere. I "asked" you when you did. It is not incumbent upon me to be concerned over where or how you spend your time, because I dont care how you do.

Secondly, for you to ask me "what I have done to encourage change" when I clearly stated where I spend my time and resources makes no sense, especially since I posted a statement regarding that. The issues that exist in some predominately black communities did not begin yesterday or last week, nor even last year, so "generational cycles" that exist in "households", which collectively, make up "communities", DO in fact play a part in many cases, and if you do not understand the difference between that and a "stereotype" you know a lot less than you "think" you do.

I will still say that you are not qualified to understand "what is working" and ”what is not", simply because you are not involved in seeking solutions one on one WITH those who need them, and that is NOT because you are white.

Frankly, I would not care if you WERE black, but if you were not present and in front of the problems that exist, I would still say you were misinformed, and I have told numerous black people that they were as well.

An example to what I am saying is that I would not try to tell you what life is like behind bars, because I have not been there, never spent a day or night there, and therefore could not understand it as you do, even though there are a disproportionate number of black people who are incarcerated, so let's not play the race game.

There are in fact a number of white people whose opinions on this issue that I personally do respect, that are on the same board as I am, who actually venture into the same communities and donate their time and resources as well.

Lastly, you are right. I am entitled to think as I wish, just as you are. If your way of contributing to the change of an issue that YOU claim to understand, and wish to do so from a distance, that is your choice. Just as it is mine to do it the way that I wish.

Hopefully this clarifies your misconceptions once and for all.

Last edited:

First of all, I did not "request" that you spend "your time" time anywhere. It is not incumbent upon me to suggest where you spend your time. I merely illustrated the fact that your assumption that I "don't get it" (whatever that means) is off base.

Secondly, for you to ask me "what I have one to encourage change" when I clearly stated where I spend my time and resources makes no sense, especially since I posted a statement regarding that. The issues that exist in some predominately black neighborhoods did not begin yesterday or last week,Nor even last year, so generational cycles DO in fact play a part in many cases, and if you do not understand that, you know a lot less than you "think" you do.

I will still say that you are not qualified to understand what is working and what is not, because you are not involved in seeking solutions one on one WITH those who need them, and that is not because you are white.

Frankly, I would not care if you WERE black, but if you were not present and in front of the problems that exist, I would still say you were misinformed, and I have told numerous black people that as well.

An example to what I am saying is that I would not try to tell you what life is like behind bars, because I have not been there, never spent a day or night there, and therefore could not understand it as you do. So let's not play the race game.

There are in fact a number of white people who I personally respect, that are on the same board as I am, who actually venture into the same communitities and donate their time and resources as well.

Lastly, you are right. I am entitled to think as I wish, just as you are. If your way of contributing to the change of an issue that YOU claim to understand, and wish to do so from a distance, that is your choice. Just as it is mine to do it the way that I wish.

Hopefully that clarifies your misconceptions once and for all.

My mistake. You questioned when was the last time I spent a day in a black community. As if that has any relevance.

I understand your attempt at change but what have you done. Where is the change?

Using your logic, you are not capable of understanding anything that isn't black.

Race game? Discussing racial differences is anything but a game.

How many poor whites have you opened your home to?

How many poor whites have you helped find gainful employment?

How many poor whites have you mentored?

Hell for that matter, how many poor blacks have you done these things for?

First of all, I did not "request" that you spend "your time" time anywhere. It is not incumbent upon me to suggest where you spend your time. I merely illustrated the fact that your assumption that I "don't get it" (whatever that means) is off base.

Secondly, for you to ask me "what I have one to encourage change" when I clearly stated where I spend my time and resources makes no sense, especially since I posted a statement regarding that. The issues that exist in some predominately black neighborhoods did not begin yesterday or last week,Nor even last year, so generational cycles DO in fact play a part in many cases, and if you do not understand that, you know a lot less than you "think" you do.

I will still say that you are not qualified to understand what is working and what is not, because you are not involved in seeking solutions one on one WITH those who need them, and that is not because you are white.

Frankly, I would not care if you WERE black, but if you were not present and in front of the problems that exist, I would still say you were misinformed, and I have told numerous black people that as well.

An example to what I am saying is that I would not try to tell you what life is like behind bars, because I have not been there, never spent a day or night there, and therefore could not understand it as you do. So let's not play the race game.

There are in fact a number of white people who I personally respect, that are on the same board as I am, who actually venture into the same communitities and donate their time and resources as well.

My mistake. You questioned when was the last time I spent a day in a black community. As if that has any relevance.

I understand your attempt at change but what have you done. Where is the change?

Using your logic, you are not capable of understanding anything that isn't black.

I said "race game" because you assumed that I was pointing out your lack of understanding of the topic because you are white, which is not what I was doing. I suggest that you circle back and read my last comments again.

I thought the thread was about the state of the so called "Black Union"? That being said, what is the relevance of the above questions to the thread?

But since you asked, I will answer. One of the other foundations that I am on the board of has placed people of all races(many white) who had been on the street, into transitional group homes, provided jobs, as well as job leads, training, and funding for continuance of educational endeavors.

There are things the US government have put in place unbeknownst to silly white people thinking its all just blaming the white man. A lot of that stuff is being declassified and quietly released.

This is some of the stuff the government has instituted. If you have intelligence read between the lines.

http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/PCAAB500.pdf

"The U.S. economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less developed countries [see National Commission on Materials Policy, Towards a National Materials Policy: Basic Data and Issues, April 1972]. That fact gives the U.S. enhanced interest in the political, economic, and social stability of the supplying countries. Wherever a lessening of population pressures through reduced birth rates can increase the prospects for such stability, population policy becomes relevant to resource supplies and to the economic interests of the United States.

Last edited:
There are things the US government have put in place unbeknownst to silly white people thinking its all just blaming the white man. A lot of that stuff is being declassified and quietly released.

This is some of the stuff the government has instituted. If you have intelligence read between the lines.

"The U.S. economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less developed countries [see National Commission on Materials Policy, Towards a National Materials Policy: Basic Data and Issues, April 1972]. That fact gives the U.S. enhanced interest in the political, economic, and social stability of the supplying countries. Wherever a lessening of population pressures through reduced birth rates can increase the prospects for such stability, population policy becomes relevant to resource supplies and to the economic interests of the United States.

I was Looking for some good African History Videos. I ran across this. Thought you might like it. Its a part of a series and there is plenty to enjoy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNYfCaRlMy0]Kingdoms of Africa West Africa - YouTube[/ame]

I said "race game" because you assumed that I was pointing out your lack of understanding of the topic because you are white, which is not what I was doing. I suggest that you circle back and read my last comments again.

I thought the thread was about the state of the so called "Black Union"? That being said, what is the relevance of the above questions to the thread?

But since you asked, I will answer. One of the other foundations that I am on the board of has placed people of all races(many white) who had been on the street, into transitional group homes, provided jobs, as well as job leads, training, and funding for continuance of educational endeavors.

Yes that was my assumption based on your statement that "I will still say that you are not qualified to understand".

What am I not qualified to understand? If it's not because I'm not black then explain why.

I'll concede the questions were off topic, Thanks for answering anyway.

I don't work with any foundations other than Big Brothers/Big Sisters which I have been involved with since 1991, I have opened up my home and a rent house to those fleeing Hurricane Katrina at no cost to them and I helped them find gainful employment.

I was Looking for some good African History Videos. I ran across this. Thought you might like it. Its a part of a series and there is plenty to enjoy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNYfCaRlMy0]Kingdoms of Africa West Africa - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks I have already seen this countless times though.

This is one I always start adults on that are seeking more information about Black African history

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPjcAKIhuoY]DR. RUNOKO RASHIDI: The Original Man - The History Of The Ancient Black Peoples? - YouTube[/ame]

Does anyone notice a correlation here?
Low IQ's?

Government aid.

Try government disenfranchisement. Both groups had their things (land/freedom) taken away from them by the government. Both groups had laws passed against them by the government that treated them as less than citizens of this country for centuries. Both groups wound up where they were INVOLUNTARILY (reservations/slavery/jim Crow/Black codes, etc.).

Excerpt:

"Fleeing horrible persecution at home only to encounter plenty of anti-Semitism and anti-foreigner sentiment abroad, German-Jewish refugee scholars were in many ways condemned to a "double exile" experience. Opportunities were scarce, especially in academia, and more so for foreign Jews.

Administrators at Black colleges in the South saw in these immigrants, prominent scholars who might share a unique understanding of oppression with their Black students. These historically Black private institutions offered students a rare opportunity for educational advancement and - because they were exempt from local segregation laws - a unique sense of freedom. On campus, Blacks and Whites associated freely and an atmosphere of mutual respect between faculty and students was encouraged. Fifty-one refugee professors found positions at 19 different institutions.

From the start, Southern Whites in the segregated communities surrounding these academic havens looked suspiciously upon their new neighbors. Close relationships between the refugee professors and their Black students only added fuel to the fire. Faculty who attempted to eat meals with students in town or invited students to their homes were often harassed, threatened, or accused of being German spies. Off-campus, professors could be arrested for fraternizing with Blacks in public restaurants because this was interpreted as "incitement to riot," a violation of the still-effective Jim Crow Laws.

I came from a situation of forced segregation [in Germany] where we were victims and now suddenly I was on the other side. I belonged not to the oppressed, but to the oppressor. And that was very, very uncomfortable for me."
- Ernst Manasse, professor at North Carolina Central University, 1939-1973

The irony did not escape the immigrant scholars. Talledega College teacher Lore Rasmussen recounted, "When they found out that I had escaped the Nazis and I was a refugee, they said, 'Well, you should be glad to be in a place where there is democracy and freedom.'"

"There is a history, there is a kinship, and it goes beyond the rhetoric. Look, there's never going to be a crisis in Irish-Black relations or Italian-Black relations, because they have no relations. But we do.
- Abraham Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League "
PBS - From Swastika to Jim Crow - Racism in Europe and the U.S.

It will be the same day you turn white. Until then what you think or say has no credibility. Most of the black bigots and racist here are a piss poor representation of the black population. So far all of you are minimum wage social rejects. No one can take such trash seriously.

How are people who work, suddenly "piss poor representations" of the "Black populations"? What does a person earning minimum wage (if what you asserted is true) have to do with it? If someone earns minimum wage, isn't it better than being unemployed? I would think that employed Black people are a good representation of the "Black population"?

Forum List

Back