The Sound of a Swamp Draining

Smart people listen to common sense, and don't get their panties in a wad over things we have little or no control over. We don't try to control climate change, anymore than we try to control the weather. We adapt to it, and move on.

The EPA is an agency out of control, and needs to be abolished.
So you're against building dams to control floods? Do you have any idea why the EPA was created by a Republican president in the first place?

The earth is getting warmer, it has been getting warmer since the apex of the last ice age. It will keep getting warmer until it starts getting cooler again as it heads toward the next ice age. A warming earth means that ice will melt and seas will rise. That is a natural cycle.
Tornados, earthquakes, floods, and epidemics are also natural. Do you suggest we ignore them?

No, I think we should throw our hands in the air and run in circles, screaming for them to stop. Do you have any other ideas?

Smart people listen to common sense, and don't get their panties in a wad over things we have little or no control over. We don't try to control climate change, anymore than we try to control the weather. We adapt to it, and move on.

The EPA is an agency out of control, and needs to be abolished.
So you're against building dams to control floods? Do you have any idea why the EPA was created by a Republican president in the first place?

No, I am not against building dams to control floods, and I am not against building sea walls to protect against ocean rise. I am for working with mother nature for our mutual benefit. I am against futile efforts to fight mother nature.

Yes, I know that Republicans created the EPA to clean up our water and our air. Mission accomplished. Time for the EPA to go.

More new hires to this administration former jobs were as federal lobbyist explain why we want lobbyist running government, explain how this drains the swamp, also more billionaires & multi millionaires hold office, explain how they can relate to your average working person

Evidence?

The earth is getting warmer, it has been getting warmer since the apex of the last ice age. It will keep getting warmer until it starts getting cooler again as it heads toward the next ice age. A warming earth means that ice will melt and seas will rise. That is a natural cycle.
Tornados, earthquakes, floods, and epidemics are also natural. Do you suggest we ignore them?

What do you think we should do about them, spend $15 trillion trying to prevent them?

So stop pretending people are denying climate change happens.
So if we all accept it, what do we all do about it?

What do you think we should do about the sun setting in the evening? We can adapt our structures to handle these events, or locate them where they won't be in the path of the carnage, but trying to alter natural events is mostly a fools game.

No, I think we should throw our hands in the air and run in circles, screaming for them to stop. Do you have any other ideas?
Someone finally wants a dialog instead of insisting they know the facts and the answers? Refreshing.

We might begin by seriously funding the professionals in the field to study and weigh in on the subject. Oh wait, that's what started the whole denier movement.

How about we stop subsidizing fuels that contribute to greenhouse gases? How about we encourage the use of energy-efficient cars, houses, and industries?

How about we test some ideas for impacting global climate if they should prove necessary in the future?

What do you think we should do about them, spend $15 trillion trying to prevent them?
If we could eliminate them for a mere $15 T we'd be getting quite the bargain. And that is just the economics of it. How much is human life and suffering worth?

Only in the mind of a Trump zealot could moving a career politician from congress to a cabinet position be seen as draining the swamp.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Get with the program. We need to gut our economy based upon manmade computer models created by people with an agenda that are based upon secret data no one is allowed to see.

Has to be true. They all fly private jets to their meetings to discuss and live in very large homes.
I recently visited Iceland and saw a glacier that had retreated a kilometer in 50 years. A common story around the globe.

Should I believe you or my eyes?
In 1790 an area of Alaska was charted by Vancouver with almost a mile thick ice. In 1880 John Muir went there and the glacier had receded 44 miles. Locals say it came in that fast too.

So tell me how this happened in your bubble world of manmade global warming.

I'm sure somehow science using full disclosure is a bad thing somehow.

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Scott Pruitt will soon end his agency's use of "secret science" to craft regulations.

"We need to make sure their data and methodology are published as part of the record," Pruitt said in an exclusive interview with The Daily Caller News Foundation. "Otherwise, it's not transparent. It's not objectively measured, and that's important."

Pruitt will reverse long-standing EPA policy allowing regulators to rely on non-public scientific data in crafting rules. Such studies have been used to justify tens of billions of dollars worth of regulations.

"EPA regulators would only be allowed to consider scientific studies that make their data available for public scrutiny under Pruitt’s new policy. Also, EPA-funded studies would need to make all their data public."

EXCLUSIVE: Scott Pruitt Will End EPA’s Use Of ‘Secret Science’ To Justify Regulations

The swamp is being restocked with different creatures. You have a EPA that is controlled by polluters. Pruitt ignores real science and ignores legitimate health concerns in favor of polluters. They want to nake it as cheap to pollute as possible.
hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

No, I am not against building dams to control floods, and I am not against building sea walls to protect against ocean rise. I am for working with mother nature for our mutual benefit. I am against futile efforts to fight mother nature.

Yes, I know that Republicans created the EPA to clean up our water and our air. Mission accomplished. Time for the EPA to go.
Who exactly is for futile efforts to fight mother nature?

So we now have clean air and water thanks to the EPA. What makes you think the air and water will stay clean?

Get with the program. We need to gut our economy based upon manmade computer models created by people with an agenda that are based upon secret data no one is allowed to see.

Has to be true. They all fly private jets to their meetings to discuss and live in very large homes.
I recently visited Iceland and saw a glacier that had retreated a kilometer in 50 years. A common story around the globe.

Should I believe you or my eyes?
In 1790 an area of Alaska was charted by Vancouver with almost a mile thick ice. In 1880 John Muir went there and the glacier had receded 44 miles. Locals say it came in that fast too.

So tell me how this happened in your bubble world of manmade global warming.
I never claimed global warming is man-made. In fact, it doesn't matter even a little bit if it is natural or not. It is happening and that is all that matters to me.

If we could eliminate them for a mere $15 T we'd be getting quite the bargain. And that is just the economics of it. How much is human life and suffering worth?

You seriously believe we can prevent flooding and tornadoes? Even if we could, the side effects might be worse than the thing you're preventing.

Who exactly is for futile efforts to fight mother nature?

So we now have clean air and water thanks to the EPA. What makes you think the air and water will stay clean?
Actually, our air and our water are not cleaner than they were. They are worse.

They EPA piggy backed on cleanups that would have happened anyway, and then pretend they are the *cause*. Meanwhile, the rest of our rural streams and the air in our cities becomes increasingly foul.

Forum List

Back