The Sound of a Swamp Draining

So if models are wrong just hours into the future, only a moron wants to use manmade models for altering the economy because of what predict years from now.
Only a moron would disregard what the best models say in favor of...?
Smart people disregard "models" that produce nothing but shit.
Who do smart people listen to then? Politicians, talk radio hosts, or their church? What do smart people do about climate change? Ignore it, do what others say will only make it worse, or attack those that do want to do something?

This is what happens when you put a career politician with less of a science background than my 15 year old in charge of science based agency.

This is filling the swamp, not emptying it

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Climate change is not science moron.

The EPA does way more than climate change.

Fuck this board is filled with the stupidest people on the planet

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yes, they do. They want to manage the mud puddles that form after a rainstorm. They want you to get permission from them before you take a fallen tree out of a ditch, or pull an old tire out of a pond.

The EPA is staffed entirely by Marxist kranks who wan't to destroy capitalism.
Also, thank you for sharing. Happy hour started early today I guess

Acceptance fake science is your 'happy hour.'
Were you trying to say “accepting” fake science is my happy hour? Good one! If you can get your foot out of your mouth would you care to try and explain what makes you say that about me? Somebody you know nothing about... please go ahead and explain

How is this draining the swamp? Also this bill was put up in he past... Why didn’t it pass the senate when they had a Republican majority? Maybe there’s more to the story than the dailycaller presents?
House passes bill to ban EPA 'secret science'
Thanks, I read that one too after I saw the OP was sourcing the bias daily caller. Sad that now a days we gotta Read multiple accounts of the same report to get a sense of what the facts are.
yeah, I have sort of mixed feelings on the science thing. On one hand, there are people funding solely by industries that want to pollute more and cheaper, so the EPA is a target. But on the other hand, it does seem like the EPA attracts employees who are elitist tree hugger types.
The best is to have the majority be honest actors that are not going to lie to push a political agenda. I think most people have integrity enough to do that. Also good to have industry people mixed with environmentalists so we are protecting both our businesses and our environment

yeah, I also think that the EPA should build a consensus about what it'll regulate. There's really no debate about how much pig and chicken shit in water or emissions in the air. Coal being the outlier because the few really rich coal mine owners are fighting a last ditch (scorched earth(-:) war.

the regulating of western arroyos that flood maybe once a year ...... come on. Global warming seems rather proven, but maybe let some people die so opinion solidifies.
Oh yeah I agree, we had a spotted toad crisis in my area that wasted millions in studies and work arounds for our efforts to improve our water storage and delivery sources for our community that is in continuous drought. I care very much about the environment but I also agree and understand the waste of time and money that needless regulation can cause

How is this draining the swamp? Also this bill was put up in he past... Why didn’t it pass the senate when they had a Republican majority? Maybe there’s more to the story than the dailycaller presents?
House passes bill to ban EPA 'secret science'
Thanks, I read that one too after I saw the OP was sourcing the bias daily caller. Sad that now a days we gotta Read multiple accounts of the same report to get a sense of what the facts are.
yeah, I have sort of mixed feelings on the science thing. On one hand, there are people funding solely by industries that want to pollute more and cheaper, so the EPA is a target. But on the other hand, it does seem like the EPA attracts employees who are elitist tree hugger types.
The best is to have the majority be honest actors that are not going to lie to push a political agenda. I think most people have integrity enough to do that. Also good to have industry people mixed with environmentalists so we are protecting both our businesses and our environment

yeah, I also think that the EPA should build a consensus about what it'll regulate. There's really no debate about how much pig and chicken shit in water or emissions in the air. Coal being the outlier because the few really rich coal mine owners are fighting a last ditch (scorched earth(-:) war.

the regulating of western arroyos that flood maybe once a year ...... come on. Global warming seems rather proven, but maybe let some people die so opinion solidifies.
The EPA needs to be defunded entirely.

I'm sure somehow science using full disclosure is a bad thing somehow.

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Scott Pruitt will soon end his agency's use of "secret science" to craft regulations.

"We need to make sure their data and methodology are published as part of the record," Pruitt said in an exclusive interview with The Daily Caller News Foundation. "Otherwise, it's not transparent. It's not objectively measured, and that's important."

Pruitt will reverse long-standing EPA policy allowing regulators to rely on non-public scientific data in crafting rules. Such studies have been used to justify tens of billions of dollars worth of regulations.

"EPA regulators would only be allowed to consider scientific studies that make their data available for public scrutiny under Pruitt’s new policy. Also, EPA-funded studies would need to make all their data public."

EXCLUSIVE: Scott Pruitt Will End EPA’s Use Of ‘Secret Science’ To Justify Regulations

The swamp is being restocked with different creatures. You have a EPA that is controlled by polluters. Pruitt ignores real science and ignores legitimate health concerns in favor of polluters. They want to nake it as cheap to pollute as possible.

The EPA is staffed entirely by Marxist kranks who wan't to destroy capitalism.
Their entire reason for living is to facilitate land seizure, and evict people from it.
Usually when you make a statement that you want taken seriously you provide evidence or an explaination to support your argument. These empty proclaimatioms you like to blurt out are meaningless. You get that right?

Again....Climate change is not science.
Climate change is fact. If I had been born 10,000 years ago my house would have been under a mile of ice. Fact.
Stupid strawman argument. No one denies the climate changes.

Smart people think you’re idiots for thinking today’s climate is optimum and thinking you can control the weather.

The people I know who work for my state's EPA do so because they want to be a positive, and they could make more working for industry.

but I do think the EPA has an elitist bent.

I'm sure somehow science using full disclosure is a bad thing somehow.

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Scott Pruitt will soon end his agency's use of "secret science" to craft regulations.

"We need to make sure their data and methodology are published as part of the record," Pruitt said in an exclusive interview with The Daily Caller News Foundation. "Otherwise, it's not transparent. It's not objectively measured, and that's important."

Pruitt will reverse long-standing EPA policy allowing regulators to rely on non-public scientific data in crafting rules. Such studies have been used to justify tens of billions of dollars worth of regulations.

"EPA regulators would only be allowed to consider scientific studies that make their data available for public scrutiny under Pruitt’s new policy. Also, EPA-funded studies would need to make all their data public."

EXCLUSIVE: Scott Pruitt Will End EPA’s Use Of ‘Secret Science’ To Justify Regulations

The swamp is being restocked with different creatures. You have a EPA that is controlled by polluters. Pruitt ignores real science and ignores legitimate health concerns in favor of polluters. They want to nake it as cheap to pollute as possible.
Dumbass, you’re a polluter too.

So if models are wrong just hours into the future, only a moron wants to use manmade models for altering the economy because of what predict years from now.
Only a moron would disregard what the best models say in favor of...?
Smart people disregard "models" that produce nothing but shit.
Who do smart people listen to then? Politicians, talk radio hosts, or their church? What do smart people do about climate change? Ignore it, do what others say will only make it worse, or attack those that do want to do something?

Smart people listen to common sense, and don't get their panties in a wad over things we have little or no control over. We don't try to control climate change, anymore than we try to control the weather. We adapt to it, and move on.

The EPA is an agency out of control, and needs to be abolished.

More new hires to this administration former jobs were as federal lobbyist explain why we want lobbyist running government, explain how this drains the swamp, also more billionaires & multi millionaires hold office, explain how they can relate to your average working person

Get with the program. We need to gut our economy based upon manmade computer models created by people with an agenda that are based upon secret data no one is allowed to see.

Has to be true. They all fly private jets to their meetings to discuss and live in very large homes.
I recently visited Iceland and saw a glacier that had retreated a kilometer in 50 years. A common story around the globe.

Should I believe you or my eyes?

The earth is getting warmer, it has been getting warmer since the apex of the last ice age. It will keep getting warmer until it starts getting cooler again as it heads toward the next ice age. A warming earth means that ice will melt and seas will rise. That is a natural cycle.

Again....Climate change is not science.
Climate change is fact. If I had been born 10,000 years ago my house would have been under a mile of ice. Fact.
Nobody said climate change never takes place.
There was a mini ice age in the Middle Ages in fact.
And of course..there were the various "Eras" which included an era when the world was primarily a jungle and largely covered by water.
So stop pretending people are denying climate change happens.

Stupid strawman argument. No one denies the climate changes.

Smart people think you’re idiots for thinking today’s climate is optimum and thinking you can control the weather.
So climate changes and you propose to do...?

Today’s climate is optimal, for us, since we tend to build our ports where the water currently meets the land. Actually we can control the weather and have been for millennia. Burning forests to promote grassland is one example. Cutting down forests and changing the land into a desert is another.

It's not "hidden data" in that everyone has access to the same scientific information. Scientific studies are studied and tested for being verifiable by performing the same tests. The EPA's policy was that it would not identify exactly what information it relied upon because those unhappy with the decision would then attack the basic information for political rather than scientific reasons.

but as usual, you have a partisan agenda that all facts must align with or be ignored.

Given that test are providing the same, verifiable results, there is absolutely no need to cook the data in order to produce the desired results.

Yet, models are being altered and data cooked.

The earth is getting warmer, it has been getting warmer since the apex of the last ice age. It will keep getting warmer until it starts getting cooler again as it heads toward the next ice age. A warming earth means that ice will melt and seas will rise. That is a natural cycle.
Tornados, earthquakes, floods, and epidemics are also natural. Do you suggest we ignore them?

Forum List

Back