The snap receivers should work.

yeah hardly any that’s not even 10 percent of the US population.
Seems like a lot to me. A country like this and 10% of us poor? Don't sound like hardly any to me. What, just so we keep it under half? But my point is it is all connected by the economy. One cannot just look at SNAP and complain about the people who receive it. The entire economy has to be fixed.

Seems like a lot to me. A country like this and 10% of us poor? Don't sound like hardly any to me. What, just so we keep it under half? But my point is it is all connected by the economy. One cannot just look at SNAP and complain about the people who receive it. The entire economy has to be fixed.
10 percent is not much

and poor is relative…the poor in the US have clothes, food, housing, electricity, running water etc

the poor in china have huts,the poor in indian use a river to bath

Yes, and it doesn't need to be frozen and canned. Those are conveniences for people who work ten hours a day and don't have time for real cooking.

Cheapest way (and healtiest) to feed them would be bags of dried beans and dried rice, and fresh green vegetables. Include a bottle of olive oil and a bottle of canola oil and a recipe book.

They want to barbecue steaks, sausages and chicken on Saturday, let them work Monday through Friday like the rest of us.

If Democrats want them to have more, they need only ask the poor to give their taxpayer provided food supplies to a Dem run soup kitchen. With all that stuff, and just a little donation of time and more luxurious food like meat, they can have an excellent free restaurant.

I know so many people on disability that honestly are completely responsible for the way they turned out. Their diet, drugs, drinks, lack of ambition, not saving. If you meet and get to know them you want to tell them where they fucked up and what they should/could do but they totally have victim mentality and so some doctor decided that they are so pathetic they qualify for disability. And my fat ass neighbor has a free gym membership because she's on disability. Has she lost any weight? Nope. Has the air frier took off one fucking pound? You wish we could send a government employee in to say NO you can't eat that. Throw all that shit away. Eat this. We need to get you off the government dime bitch. This is fucked up we're all paying for your fat ass to continue doing all the wrong things. She's given up. She could work. She could go to an office. But she says she can't. Ankles too swolen.

The reason we don't do this is because it's more expensive to hire people to go after these people.

Then they wouldn't use Obamacare as much either if they got healthy.

I have a solution. If you want disability, first you have to go into rehab. Just like a drug dealer. And for a month you're going to eat salads and really exercise. You are going to drop 50 pounds. You are going to apply for work from home jobs. There are lots of work from home jobs now. Lazy fuckers. They've given up. It's not a lot of money but it's free. As long as it pays their bills. Then they just have to find a side hustle.

Anyways, so if you are a drunk or druggy or whatever your problem, first we admit you to a rehab to help get you back on track. If after that you still need disability then you can get it.

Dearborn, MI is the Muslim capital of America. Did you know that? There are arab doctors who hand out disability approval for their arab friends and they are very liberal about giving them out. Maybe even the person pays them for approving their disability but we have a lot of muslim Americans in Dearborn who are on disability. My sister in law is a physical therapist in Dearborn she she's soooo many young healthy looking arab men and women who are all on disability. Somethings going on. And my neighbor is arab too. Chaldean so basically Catholic arab. But they know how to milk the system too.

A family or a single mother or father who claims they can't afford to give a kid a baloney and cheese sandwich for lunch needs to be looked at closely.

If you can't work today, you could never work. Industry is begging people to work and can't find employees to do it. Even great paying jobs are suffering. Outside of those with physical or mental impairments, what we need is a work or starve society just like it was years ago.

The other 20%.

I would be far less upset about this program if it provided FOOD rather than money. In my experience many/most of these recipients do not use the money on the foods they should be buying.

They don't provide cash, they provide a debit card that can only be used for food.

Because it's the right thing to do.

I wish they had your attitude when handing out bonus' for the people at the top of the corporate food chain. I'm sure that would benefit consumers and investors too. But they'll never do that.

This is why Walmart employees should unionize. They have the power. It's not like a GM or Ford job that can be moved overseas. If you want to have a Walmart in the neighborhood, you have to pay at least $20 hr. MINIMUM. Whatever minimum wage is, $5 more than that.

Yes they should unionize. Then they will have to close up shop like all the other places that had unions in the past. Brilliant idea!

Right now all brick and mortar stores are facing the possibility of closing down due to increasing interest in on-line shopping. Forcing them to overpay employees will only accelerate that demise.

I understand that. I want them to be forced to show up every week and collect a bag of pre-bought food based on the number of children & adults in the household.

I couldn't agree more. But you and I know the end result: people crying how mothers can't get to where these food outlets are. People with food allergies that will be forced to eat food they can't have. Children that refuse to eat nutritious food because it's not tasty. We both know how the left works.

What happens now is people limit the hours they work or don't work at all to remain on these programs. If they actually had to work to obtain food, then they wouldn't have any ceiling to stay under because if you work full time, you can usually buy your own damn food. It would help getting these people off these programs and rely on themselves.

I seen it when I was working, companies that couldn't get their temp employees to work more hours because it would screw up their SNAPs allotment. I had to evict a couple with two kids because of SNAPs. It's just a bad system altogether.

Forum List

Back