Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
Karen
[ kair-in ]

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?
Karen is a pejorative slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilege to get her way or police other people's behaviors.
As featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being an anti-vaxx , Generation X soccer mom.
In 2020, Karen spread as a label used to call out white women who were captured in viral videos engaging in what are widely seen as racist acts.

Using Karen as pejorative is racist and misogynistic. Where’s AOC and the rest of the left in condemning the use of this language?

Karen
[ kair-in ]

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?
Karen is a pejorative slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilege to get her way or police other people's behaviors.
As featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being an anti-vaxx , Generation X soccer mom.
In 2020, Karen spread as a label used to call out white women who were captured in viral videos engaging in what are widely seen as racist acts.

Using Karen as pejorative is racist and misogynistic. Where’s AOC and the rest of the left in condemning the use of this language?

There is a million percent chance of this woman being a blob supporter:

Karen
[ kair-in ]

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?

Unfortunately in 20 years or less, her poor daughter will be expounding all of the "lessons" her mom taught her in another viral video taken on the I-Phone 33.

Karen
[ kair-in ]

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?

Still not sure! Is Karen pro or anti BLM.
Give a 'real' living example, is Karen - Hillary Clinton or Ann Coulter?

What would you call them that isn't misogynistic or racist?
What would you call them that isn't misogynistic or racist?

A racist, middle aged woman the uses their privilege to police other people? Hillary Clinton would be a fitting name.

but seriously Karen is a nice, common American name for women. Turning it into a bad word is implying that middle aged white women are racist, busy bodies, which is bullshit. Most middle aged men and women in this country are good citizens. its wrong to stereotype middle aged white women. It’s overt sexism and racism. Where’s the left? Champions of sexism, right?

Imagine a black name was turned into a insult to black women.

Karen
[ kair-in ]

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?

Why would you say that? And did you post that as to for some kind of justification of using Karen as a derogatory term? What’s your opinion on how people are using the term?

Karen
[ kair-in ]

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?

Why would you say that? And did you post that as to for some kind of justification of using Karen as a derogatory term? What’s your opinion on how people are using the term?

No opinion on that.

As for the video...

Angry; check
Profane; check
Middle Class White; check
Grotesque Behavior; check

She checks all of the boxes of a blob supporter. Cecilie1200 is that you?

From my own perspective, as being JustAnotherKaren…...the stereotype fits me about 90%. I am not racist, nor am I 'entitled'....other than my fair share, but no more or less than anyone else.

I am not obnoxious or angry, unless some nitwit pisses me off....because THEY started it.

As for complaining to management......when getting crappy or rude customer service, or some bimbo tries to tell me something I know for a fact is otherwise......you damn right I'll complain to management because if they're doing or saying that to me, they're also doing that to others. Employees are representative of the establishment they work for and if the bad ones are doing that to everyone, they are costing the company money and reputation.

If you don't speak up for yourself, nobody else will. :cool:

My wife has a friend named Karyn. She is a dumb ass and bitches about every little thing that doesn’t suit her. I hate going out to a restaurant with her because she is such a boob and very demanding. She fits the mold of a Karyn.

Karen
[ kair-in ]

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?

I think the same behavior is common in the Big Blue Urban cities.. Dont' think being a "KAREN" is very politically based at all.. In FACT, most women I know from the Bronx or New Jersey are Karens... Maybe not SUV driving soccer moms, but the same abrasive annoying social behavior...

Karen
[ kair-in ]

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?

Thanks very much for this info.

Karen
[ kair-in ]

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?

No opinion on that.

As for the video...

Angry; check
Profane; check
Middle Class White; check
Grotesque Behavior; check

She checks all of the boxes of a blob supporter. Cecilie1200 is that you?

Very DUMB post. Congratulations.

Karen
[ kair-in ]

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?

Still not sure! Is Karen pro or anti BLM.
Give a 'real' living example, is Karen - Hillary Clinton or Ann Coulter?
The HILDEBEAST, NO question.

Karen
[ kair-in ]

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?

I think the same behavior is common in the Big Blue Urban cities.. Dont' think being a "KAREN" is very politically based at all.. In FACT, most women I know from the Bronx or New Jersey are Karens... Maybe not SUV driving soccer moms, but the same abrasive annoying social behavior...

You live in the Bronx? That's enlightening; no wonder you're a 'libertarian' lunatic, then. My sympathies!

Forum List

Back