The Serious Stock Market Crash Thread

It'll come back. The smart ones will bail to foreign ETF's. That will put the numbers back up(on Wall Street). The rest of the world will re-adjust and carry on.......something that is impossible up there in DisneyWood.

today might be a good day for a dead cat bounce. Israel's stock exchange collapsed on on Sunday, but they had a big run up on monday.

Today will probably be an up day, but wednesday will be a real bloodbath.

The herd is stampeding off a cliff, again.

Have no fear, big capital is waiting near the bottom of the cliff to pick over the bones.

Cash is STILL king.

Dow is up 200. So is gold, which is up even more than yesterday. I am pretty sure today is a dead cat bounce and tomorrow will see the real bloodletting.

What a rally. Dow Jones was down almost 200 points less than 2 hours ago.

Finished up 430 points. Nasdaq is up over 150. S&P up over 50. Gold went up $20 from a high of about $50 or so at one point in the day.

What a crazy day.

The Dow was up 638 points in the last 75 minutes of the day.

This is nuts. It's a market run by machines and algos.

If the rally continues, I expect it to fail, and will start looking for entry points on the short side. If we spend a few days consolidating at these levels, I will look to enter on the long side. But everything is a trade, and the market is treacherous.

Credit down grade, market reacted poorly. Expected.

Market oversold, market recovers. Expected.

I expect drifting until Europe has an issue or Congress stalls in spending cut talks.

Another +5.26% on the S&P and I'm a sideliner again.

We were as oversold as we were during the Financial Crisis. Given that the machines are in charge, I wouldn't be surprised to see another 800 points tacked back onto the Dow over the next few days. But again, if that happens, I will be shorting.

We were as oversold as we were during the Financial Crisis. Given that the machines are in charge, I wouldn't be surprised to see another 800 points tacked back onto the Dow over the next few days. But again, if that happens, I will be shorting.

Yep, my cash position was very calming during this adminstration. A quick 10% and I'm back to liquid.

Somewhere near 50 per cent of market trading is computer directed, only thirty per cent of that is supervised by a human being.
The United States oil production industry is being shut down, The Gulf is shut.
Two billion US dollars went to Brazil to finance a George Soros oil exploration investment so that the United States can be Brazil's best customer.
The EPA is busily regulating coal fired power plants out of existence.
Dodd-Frank has decreed that banks can no longer make money.
To say nothing of the $2,000 cash giveaway to whomever, first come first served, in Detroits Cobo Arena (You mean y'all forgot that?) during the early days of this presidency.
BAC's problems today stem largely from the Countrywide acquisition. Remember Chris Dodd and his below market rate "Friends of Angelo's" mortgage?
Countrywide was the organization that gave the $2900/ month income maid the $390,000 mortgage which she celebrated receiving by getting on a plane back to Poland and never, ever making a payment.
Countrywide was also the entity that gave the $1900/ month income waiter a $300,000 mortgage that he also never made a payment on.
Do we need any other reasons why BAC is bulldozing some of these homes it holds in foreclosure and turning the titles over to the cities? 100 such units to the City of Cleveland the last reporting period. Detroit is reporting sightings of black bears within the city limits.
There was a long period here of too much money chasing too few goods and services. You saw it in Holland in the Eighteenth century with its tulip mania, in the United States in the Roaring Twenties stock markets

Somewhere near 50 per cent of market trading is computer directed, only thirty per cent of that is supervised by a human being.
Two billion US dollars went to Brazil to finance a George Soros oil exploration investment so that the United States can be Brazil's best customer.
To say nothing of the $2,000 cash giveaway to whomever, first come first served, in Detroits Cobo Arena (You mean y'all forgot that?) during the early days of this presidency.
BAC's problems today stem largely from the Countrywide acquisition. Remember Chris Dodd and his below market rate "Friends of Angelo's" mortgage?
Countrywide was the organization that gave the $2900/ month income maid the $390,000 mortgage which she celebrated receiving by getting on a plane back to Poland and never, ever making a payment.
Countrywide was also the entity that gave the $1900/ month income waiter a $300,000 mortgage that he also never made a payment on.
Do we need any other reasons why BAC is bulldozing some of these homes it holds in foreclosure and turning the titles over to the cities? 100 such units to the City of Cleveland the last reporting period. Detroit is reporting sightings of black bears within the city limits.
There was a long period here of too much money chasing too few goods and services. You saw it in Holland in the Eighteenth century with its tulip mania, in the United States in the Roaring Twenties stock markets

This is the Serious Stock Market Crash Thread. Not the let's fit as many talking points in one post thread.

The Fed has also promised, today, to keep rates low until 2013. Que Pasa? Is Helicopter Ben telling us the economy's going to be in the toilet until then?

this has really scrambled my chessboard. :eusa_think:

but the economic fundamentals are the fundamentals bernbanks missive means he expects the fundamentals to be weak hence the rate announcement, yes we knew that, the money that left will make its way back, slowly, but it will, but the market is still drunk right now, I am waiting for the hangover and then .......gold will still be in play 3 months from now despite any dips, stocks or gold, money has no where else to go..... QE3. ;)

This is the Serious Stock Market Crash Thread. Not the let's fit as many talking points in one post thread.

:lol:

this has really scrambled my chessboard. :eusa_think:

but the economic fundamentals are the fundamentals bernbanks missive means he expects the fundamentals to be weak hence the rate announcement, yes we knew that, the money that left will make its way back, slowly, but it will, but the market is still drunk right now, I am waiting for the hangover and then .......gold will still be in play 3 months from now despite any dips, stocks or gold, money has no where else to go..... QE3. ;)

They're trying to square the circle. The Bernank wants to provide liquidity without providing QE3. The statement was pretty clever, really. But I think it will ultimately fail.

Because the robots all have "stocks up/gold down" written in their algorithms, strength in stocks will mean weakness in gold in the near term. Assuming nothing happens overnight, I plan on shorting gold in the morning for the next few weeks. But I expect to get back in later in the year.

this long term announcement for rates will ultimately again, just drag this out.

we need to take our medicine. At least Carter was smart enough to hire Volcker and Reagan was smart enough to listen to him.....despite the political damage he took.

They're trying to square the circle. The Bernank wants to provide liquidity without providing QE3. The statement was pretty clever, really. But I think it will ultimately fail.

Because the robots all have "stocks up/gold down" written in their algorithms, strength in stocks will mean weakness in gold in the near term. Assuming nothing happens overnight, I plan on shorting gold in the morning for the next few weeks. But I expect to get back in later in the year.
Try Gold mining stocks long. The computers can't make sense of what to do with them. Right now I wouldn't trust turnaround Tuesday on your life, much less mine, and I do mean either way. Wait and see what happens. Last night I saw the EU turn red as I watched Bloomberg. The US futures were green right up to that moment too.

Forum List

Back