The Science is Settled

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the beginning of our current disastrous rate of change?
Well, if I had to pin a date on it, I would say when the first steam engine was fired with coal.

How much has the "global average temperature" risen from that point?
The world is getting warmer. Whether the cause is human activity or natural variability—and the preponderance of evidence says it’s humans—thermometer readings all around the world have risen steadily since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. (Click on bullets above to step through the decades.)

According to an ongoing temperature analysis conducted by scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), the average global temperature on Earth has increased by about 0.8° Celsius (1.4° Fahrenheit) since 1880. Two-thirds of the warming has occurred since 1975, at a rate of roughly 0.15-0.20°C per decade.

World of Change: Global Temperatures : Feature Articles

1.4 degrees, 2/3rds of the rise since 1975. And the effect of that 'small' change is seen in the Arctic Sea Ice, the Greenland Ice Cap, and the melting of the Permafrost and the outgassing from that melt of CO2 and CH4. You have to go back to the Younger Dryas to see this kind of rapid temperature change over the whole planet.

The world is getting warmer.

Warmer is better than colder.

the average global temperature on Earth has increased by about 0.8° Celsius (1.4° Fahrenheit) since 1880.

0.8 degrees in 136 years is unprecedented?
Yes, it is. We should be in a slow decline, not a rapid warming. And note that most of the warming has occurred in the last 41 years. Now we have seen in paleo studies the affects both of a rapid warming, and a rapid cooling in the Younger Dryas.

0.8 degrees in 136 years is unprecedented?

Yes, it is.

Before this one, what was the previous largest increase over a 136 year period?

Look, you dumb fuck, I have personally observed glaciers in the Cascades and Rockies. My mothers family settled in Eastern Oregon in the 1860's and the stories passed down tell us how much it has warmed, and become drier, since that time.

Look, you dumb fuck, I have personally observed glaciers in the Cascades and Rockies. My mothers family settled in Eastern Oregon in the 1860's and the stories passed down tell us how much it has warmed, and become drier, since that time.

I have personally observed glaciers in the Cascades and Rockies.

Imagine if it were cooling and the glaciers were advancing......that'd be a pain in the ass.

You're not going to tell me the second largest 136 year increase?

Why not?

Imagine if it were cooling and the glaciers were advancing......that'd be a pain in the ass.

Why not?
That was not meant for you, Tod, that was meant for LaDexter. And I posted the records from NOAA for you.

Why not?
That was not meant for you, Tod, that was meant for LaDexter. And I posted the records from NOAA for you.

Didn't see any proof of your claim that this 136 year period was unprecedented.

Portland in the 19th century use to get 10 times as much snow as we've been getting the past decade. We're now lucky if we get 2" every winter.

And the glacier bay glacier receded over 6 miles in 60 years during the 1800's.
So what's your point again?

Portland in the 19th century use to get 10 times as much snow as we've been getting the past decade. We're now lucky if we get 2" every winter.
Great news. Since most weather related deaths are due to cold, this will save millions of lives.

Every moonbat on the planet loves is cashing in on the manmade global warming scam.

A senior Iranian cleric from Isfahan, Iran, said “immorality” among young Iranian women, stemming from dressing “improperly,” is resulting in climate change and causing the rivers and dams in Iran to run dry.

During his weekly Friday sermon, Imam Seyyed Youssef Tabatabi-nejad said, “My office has received photos of women next to the dry Zayandeh-rud River pictured as if they are in Europe.” Tabatabi-nejad added, “It is these sorts of acts that cause the river to dry up even further,” according to the Iranian Student News Agency.

He added that “improper veiling” also contributed to this unnatural phenomenon. Just last month, the Iranian regime arrested eight Instagram models for “promoting immoral and un-Islamic culture and promiscuity” by appearing on the social media platform without wearing the mandatory hijab, a head covering that is often required under Islamic Sharia law.

The Islamic cleric’s comments arrive at a time when the regime is increasing its crackdown on youth for espousing Western values through their social media accounts and attire.

Tabatabi-nejad also called for Iran’s morality police to crack down on this “improper veiling” and urged Iran’s parliamentary Hezbollahi forces to “carry out operations to root out vice” in these women. (Iran’s Hezbollahi forces were created at the founding of the Iranian revolution to help the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in his quest to consolidate power. In their current capacity, they act as a sort of morality police force and an extension of the regime.)

Keep reading…

Well, at least they're less insane and have better support in science than Mamooth and Old Rocks....

When people start crying at me, like Uncensored here, I carve another notch in my CultCrybabySpankingStick.

Did this thread have a topic before the usual suspects tried to derail it with more crying jags? Oh, that's right. The settled science. Good News, deniers! A few of your cult leaders have started a hedge fund betting on the denier "settled science" of an upcoming ice age and a rise in coal stocks.

Home
---
“What and how should we invest, if we know that carbon dioxide is 'innocent' of being the main cause of catastrophic global warming*; and that the timing (soon), magnitude (significant) and sign (cooling) of the next major climate shift will have an impact on many markets and economies?.....Perhaps at the very least, we should hedge our bets.”

No other fund is doing this. Yet there are trillions of dollars in play, seemingly with no due diligence on the Knowledge done by anyone but us.

The Cool Futures Hedge Fund is a new small private hedge fund incorporated in the Cayman Islands with audacious plans to soon launch, expand and grow globally to capture this emerging large scale market opportunity.
---

If you deniers are so certain that your faith is not misplaced, you should be jumping on this. After all, if you're right, you're guaranteed a massive payoff, as you'll be the only people in the world investing the correct way. And all denier leaders are morally pure and never scam people, so you don't have to worry about that. So what's holding you back? Take the plunge! Invest!

Dr. Evens has been predicting a cooling since 2011. The last three years have demonstrated how accurate his predictions are. However, denialists go ahead and put your money where your mouths are.

6 degrees down adn 6 degrees up in 2-3 thousand years. Not bad. I'm not sure your purpose here, but this argues against the existence of invisible pulses of similar duration.

The Younger Dryas is a geological period from c. 12,900 to c. 11,700 calendar years ago (BP). It is named after an indicator genus, the alpine-tundra wildflower Dryas octopetala. Leaves of Dryas octopetala are occasionally abundant in the Late Glacial, often minerogenic-rich, lake sediments of Scandinavian lakes. Younger Dryas saw a sharp decline in temperature over most of the northern hemisphere, at the end of thePleistocene epoch, immediately preceding the current warmer Holocene. It was the most recent and longest of several interruptions to the gradual warming of the Earth's climate since the severe Last Glacial Maximum, c. 27,000 to 24,000 calendar years BP. The change was relatively sudden, taking place in decades, and resulted in a decline of 2 to 6 degrees Celsius, advances of glaciers and drier conditions, over much of the temperate northern hemisphere. It is thought to have been caused by a decline in the strength of the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation, which transports warm water from the equator towards the North Pole, and which in turn is thought to have been caused by an influx of fresh cold water from North America into the Atlantic. The Younger Dryas was a period of climatic change, but the effects were complex and variable. In the southern hemisphere, and some areas of the north such as the south-eastern United States, there was a slight warming.[2]

So, somewhat rgional, likely caused by catastrophic events and something not yet seen: the failure of the AMOC.

Well, if I had to pin a date on it, I would say when the first steam engine was fired with coal.

That's because you're an EnviroMarxists and hate free enterprise. Since you never produced any lab work showing how the .000000000000000000000001% change in CO2 from that first steam engine can alter the climate it's safe to say you're a moon bat as well

6 degrees down adn 6 degrees up in 2-3 thousand years. Not bad. I'm not sure your purpose here, but this argues against the existence of invisible pulses of similar duration.

The Younger Dryas is a geological period from c. 12,900 to c. 11,700 calendar years ago (BP). It is named after an indicator genus, the alpine-tundra wildflower Dryas octopetala. Leaves of Dryas octopetala are occasionally abundant in the Late Glacial, often minerogenic-rich, lake sediments of Scandinavian lakes. Younger Dryas saw a sharp decline in temperature over most of the northern hemisphere, at the end of thePleistocene epoch, immediately preceding the current warmer Holocene. It was the most recent and longest of several interruptions to the gradual warming of the Earth's climate since the severe Last Glacial Maximum, c. 27,000 to 24,000 calendar years BP. The change was relatively sudden, taking place in decades, and resulted in a decline of 2 to 6 degrees Celsius, advances of glaciers and drier conditions, over much of the temperate northern hemisphere. It is thought to have been caused by a decline in the strength of the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation, which transports warm water from the equator towards the North Pole, and which in turn is thought to have been caused by an influx of fresh cold water from North America into the Atlantic. The Younger Dryas was a period of climatic change, but the effects were complex and variable. In the southern hemisphere, and some areas of the north such as the south-eastern United States, there was a slight warming.[2]

So, somewhat rgional, likely caused by catastrophic events and something not yet seen: the failure of the AMOC.

That's because you're an EnviroMarxists and hate free enterprise. Since you never produced any lab work showing how the .000000000000000000000001% change in CO2 from that first steam engine can alter the climate it's safe to say you're a moon bat as well

God are you stupid.

I have nothing against industry. And until the last few decades, I had nothing against fossil fuels burned cleanly. The problem now and with our perfect hindsight has been the emission of carbon dioxide from the combustion of all that fossil fuel.

God are you stupid.

I have nothing against industry. And until the last few decades, I had nothing against fossil fuels burned cleanly. The problem now and with our perfect hindsight has been the emission of carbon dioxide from the combustion of all that fossil fuel.

Crick you're an environmental Jihadist. You strapped this stupid, vapid, insane and absurd agw theory to yourself and you want to take down all of western civilization with you

Great news. Since most weather related deaths are due to cold, this will save millions of lives.

Very astute point.

Too, lets face it, if the science was "settled", the subject material in this forum would be about the tendencies of crabs involved in navel contemplation sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back