The Sad Misguided Life of George Carlin. He was NOT a genius, and NOT a hero.

yes, u did

u said that Christians should be Christians (live what they believe).. so apparently you believe at least some people should follow Jesus.. not you, of course. You are too "enlightened"

I have said that. And if comeone chooses to be a Christian and live a Christian life, I have absolutely no problem with that. In fact, I will defend their right to do so.

It is when they try to force their choice on others I take issue with it.

George Carlin is still very popular, even 14 years after his death. The large body of work he left is still entertaining the masses.

George Carlin is still very popular, even 14 years after his death. The large body of work he left is still entertaining the masses.

I much prefer his earlier years. At some point he, to me, became angry and bitter and too cynical. Of course, when one considers that state of things, you can hardly blame him I guess...

I much prefer his earlier years. At some point he, to me, became angry and bitter and too cynical. Of course, when one considers that state of things, you can hardly blame him I guess...
He sold his soul to appeal to the dregs of society.

I have said that. And if comeone chooses to be a Christian and live a Christian life, I have absolutely no problem with that. In fact, I will defend their right to do so.

It is when they try to force their choice on others I take issue with it.
The only people frocing their choice on others are the leftwing atheists. Visit any of the five officially atheist countries. You'll see what 'forcing' is.

that's the favored go-to of all liberals.. and others who hate the Church

The Church has the effrontery to say that Bad is bad and Good is good and there is no changing that

according to the world outside its walls, that is the unforgivable sin
What are personal attacks other than judgement? I don't think Mushmouth speaks for the entire church do you?

And FYI I'm not a leftist but I am left handed and I don't "hate" anything

The only people frocing their choice on others are the leftwing atheists. Visit any of the five officially atheist countries. You'll see what 'forcing' is.

And there have been plenty of cases of forcing here.

The 10 Commandments Monument in the Alabama Supreme Courthouse lobby.
Blue laws in general.
Demanding that the USA officially become a Christian nation.

I guess there's no expiration date on smut and hatred.

There is also no expiration date on quality comedy.

I challenge you to watch the video I post here. There are a couple of profanities sprinkled here and there. But very very few.

He talks about language, specifically "soft language". The sort of language that is designed to manipulate the population into thinking as they are told. The people in charge want everyone to think it is all sunshine and rainbows.

Carlin was a wordsmith. Listen to this video. No sign he is drunk or on anything. And probably fewer "bad" words than most people say.

And there have been plenty of cases of forcing here.

The 10 Commandments Monument in the Alabama Supreme Courthouse lobby.
Blue laws in general.
Demanding that the USA officially become a Christian nation.
1. Nobody forced anybody to read the Ten Commandments. Don't like it, look away.
2. Blue laws are no different than minimum wage or forced paid maternity leave, and you're fine with both those things, right?
3. No different than those who demand we become an atheist nation, except Christian laws are much better for people.

Forum List

Back