The Sad Misguided Life of George Carlin. He was NOT a genius, and NOT a hero.

You aren't the only thinking person around.
I seem to be, on here.

Look. I don't wish Carlin ill. I hope he's not in hell. I hope he repented at the last. Or maybe he had mental or emotional issues which were mitigating circumstances in his responsibility for the damage he caused. I just don't want him held up as an icon, which he most certainly wasn't. And this was the thing Winterborn was pushing as he revived this thread.

Last edited:
well, looks like God gave Carlin 3 strikes and you're out

can't blame his damnation on God (as so many God-haters seem to want to do)

I always liked the one about being "too Christian". What a goal to aspire to. Loving others too much, doing too much good, etc.

Except many fundamentalists are anything but "too Christian". Judgemental and hostile are hardly Christian attributes.

Like Robin Williams, he always hammered good people who tried to do good, because the bad actions of a few. On other matters, he was flat wrong.

Teaching a kid to ride a bike doesn't make up for years of abandonment and addiction.

The article paints a very different picture from what you have claimed.

well, looks like God gave Carlin 3 strikes and you're out

can't blame his damnation on God (as so many God-haters seem to want to do)

For someone who had a congenital heart problem, and dealt with all the substance abuse issues, the fact that he lived to be 71 sounds impressive to me.

For someone who had a congenital heart problem, and dealt with all the substance abuse issues, the fact that he lived to be 71 sounds impressive to me.
I've never seen that his heart problems are anything but self-induced. Do you have information that they were congenital?

No, it doesn't. Carlin was largely an absent father who was on drugs and booze most of his adult life, so says the daughter.

Yes, he was absent a lot. People who tour or work out of town have that in common.

Per the link I posted, Kelly Carlin talked about him being a good father and always truthful with her.

The Bible says people should live at least to 100

No, I don't know where it is but it's there

Of course they are.

and you're awful judgmental. Doesn't the Bible say judge not.....?
that's the favored go-to of all liberals.. and others who hate the Church

The Church has the effrontery to say that Bad is bad and Good is good and there is no changing that

according to the world outside its walls, that is the unforgivable sin

Forum List

Back