The Right-wingers‭’ ‬Opposition To The Green New Deal Is Understandable

Sorry, that ship sailed already. The 3rd Red Scare is wearing off pretty fast. Now ask a decent question and I can give you a decent answer.

Denial is not a defense.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." ~ Qui Gon Jinn.

It is difficult to argue with a genius.....it is impossible to argue with an idiot.

Anyone who believes democrat policies to be the way forward.....is certifiably ....an idiot....

Last edited:
Sorry, that ship sailed already. The 3rd Red Scare is wearing off pretty fast. Now ask a decent question and I can give you a decent answer.

Denial is not a defense.

It is difficult to argue with a genius.....it is impossible to argue with an idiot.

Anyone who believes democrat policies to be the way forward.....is certifiably ....an idiot....

Yah, that's the idea. Use your charm to make me vote for Rump. Sorry, that ship also has sailed. I already voted. And if you are wondering who I DIDN'T vote for just click on my tag.

Denial is not a defense.

Yah, that's the idea. Use your charm to make me vote for Rump. Sorry, that ship also has sailed. I already voted. And if you are wondering who I DIDN'T vote for just click on my tag.
Yeah, nobody cares. But you just keep stamping your feet and insisting being a leftist means you're smart.

Denial is not a defense.

Yeah, nobody cares. But you just keep stamping your feet and insisting being a leftist means you're smart.

I be smarter than you are. But I couldn't be THAT smart since I didn't start this sometime in 2015.

The opposition is based on a better grasp of reality.

You have not read the details of the actual "Green New Deal"....I have.

It is mostly a Utopian ideal that would require unobtainable if not impossible sacrifices, not to mention unaffordable costs.

It squarely puts ONLY the United States of America at an economic disadvantage. China for example is the
worlds biggest polluter....and they will not sacrifice their development for ANY restrictive Deal, green, Blue or Purple.

Please carefully read the Green New Deal before you say erroneous things, then find a non biased economist to explain to you
why it's a good Utopian ideal, but not practical in reality.

I have read it also and it's not so Utopian. Try Gian. And it doesn't place any time frames on accomplishing any of it. In fact, we have been doing many of the New Green Deal since 1905 and began in earnest in the early 1970s on much of it. You are obviously to young to remember the state of our Nation in the 1950s. Three of the Greatest Ecologists were all three Republicans; Teddy R, Ike and Nixon. All Kennedy and Johnson did was extend programs that Ike had already put into place.

Now, let's discuss those things you say are in the New Green Deal that are outside reality once we remove the time frames? Just list them.
Remove the time frames? The time frames are exactly why the "Green New Deal" will explode into a 100 trillion dollar country destroyer. Programs planned for a 2 or 3 year completion end up taking 10 or 20 years with no end in sight.

It is mostly a Utopian ideal that would require unobtainable if not impossible sacrifices, not to mention unaffordable costs.

It squarely puts ONLY the United States of America at an economic disadvantage. China for example is the
worlds biggest polluter....and they will not sacrifice their development for ANY restrictive Deal, green, Blue or Purple.

Please carefully read the Green New Deal before you say erroneous things, then find a non biased economist to explain to you

I have read it also and it's not so Utopian. Try Gian. And it doesn't place any time frames on accomplishing any of it. In fact, we have been doing many of the New Green Deal since 1905 and began in earnest in the early 1970s on much of it. You are obviously to young to remember the state of our Nation in the 1950s. Three of the Greatest Ecologists were all three Republicans; Teddy R, Ike and Nixon. All Kennedy and Johnson did was extend programs that Ike had already put into place.

Now, let's discuss those things you say are in the New Green Deal that are outside reality once we remove the time frames? Just list them.
Remove the time frames? The time frames are exactly why the "Green New Deal" will explode into a 100 trillion dollar country destroyer. Programs planned for a 2 or 3 year completion end up taking 10 or 20 years with no end in sight.

I read the New Green Deal and there are no time limits given. The second that is noticed, your whole argument falls flat on it's face. Stop lying.

Denial is not a defense.

I be smarter than you are. But I couldn't be THAT smart since I didn't start this sometime in 2015.
Is that when you suffered your head trauma? Because rational people don't choose leftism.

And they keep asking for more money.

The U.S. has some of the cleanest air and water in several years, under president Trump.
Our country is not the problem.
The Green New Deal idea is mute, until other countries fix their pollution.

The US makes up about 4% of the worlds population yet we consume about 25% of the worlds goods and products. Let that sink in for a minute.........

Okay, now why is that? We have a huge trade deficit with almost every country on this earth. What would happen if we started making the products ourselves once again. We can do it cleaner, put out a better product, faster. All of a sudden, the rest of the world loses 25% of it's market. Then add to the fact, since the US can do it faster, better (in in many cases once the roll gets going) do it on a competitive level, we start exporting. You think Rump is a Nationalist? No, he's a globalist. A Nationalist would be really working to get that manufacturing back into the US using favorable taxes, not tariffs alone. Don't just talk about it, do it.

Give Tax Breaks to companies that create REAL jobs in America and penalize those that don't. When I see companies claim that they created X number of new jobs they leave out the fact they shut down X number of old jobs. In the case of companies like GM and Toyota, that's a net loss of jobs but damned it looks good on paper.

Denial is not a defense.

Is that when you suffered your head trauma? Because rational people don't choose leftism.

I must be hitting the problem dead on the head with my hammer. You are reduced to slams with no content. You lose, cupcake. You don't mind if I help to make sure everyone else doesn't lose as well, do you?

The US makes up about 4% of the worlds population yet we consume about 25% of the worlds goods and products. Let that sink in for a minute.......
Population is irrelevent, even though you try to justify it in your next quote.
Okay, now why is that? We have a huge trade deficit with almost every country on this earth. What would happen if we started making the products ourselves once again. We can do it cleaner, put out a better product, faster. All of a sudden, the rest of the world loses 25% of it's market. Then add to the fact, since the US can do it faster, better (in in many cases once the roll gets going) do it on a competitive level, we start exporting. You think Rump is a Nationalist? No, he's a globalist. A Nationalist would be really working to get that manufacturing back into the US using favorable taxes, not tariffs alone. Don't just talk about it, do it.
This is speculation and assumption only.
We would still be leading the world on most all levels with air and water.
Give Tax Breaks to companies that create REAL jobs in America and penalize those that don't. When I see companies claim that they created X number of new jobs they leave out the fact they shut down X number of old jobs. In the case of companies like GM and Toyota, that's a net loss of jobs but damned it looks good on paper.
Im going to put my trust in Trump on this one, not even close.

It is understandable why it is the young people elected to congress feel the urgency to pass the Green New Deal.‭ ‬But getting it past those congressional Republicans and Democrats opposing the bill will be extremely difficult.‭ ‬Those politicians‭’ ‬votes are owned by the fossil fuel industry,‭ ‬and since they will all be dead before the effects of climate change become irreversible,‭ ‬they don’t give a sh!t if they leave behind a wasteland for their children,‭ ‬and especially their grandchildren.

As usual,‭ ‬our elected representatives put the short-term corporate profits ahead of the well being of average Americans.‭ ‬In the case of the Green New Deal,‭ ‬these self-serving congressmen‭ (‬and women‭) ‬are telling countless future generations to go fvck themselves so as to protect the next fifteen years of profits for the fossil fuel fat cats.‭

Unfortunately, the conservatives and most centrists are fine with this,‭ ‬because,‭ ‬like the a$$holes in congress these conservatives and centrists will all be dead before the effects of climate change become irreversible,‭ ‬so they don’t give a sh!t if they leave behind a wasteland for their children,‭ ‬and especially their grandchildren either.

However,‭ ‬in defense of the right-wingers‭’ ‬and centrists‭’ ‬indefensible position on the Green New Deal,‭ ‬their nineteenth century abilities do not translate well to twenty-first century jobs in technology.‭ ‬So,‭ ‬digging coal,‭ ‬grunt work on oil drilling rigs,‭ ‬and other jobs that require a strong back and little intelligence fit well in the right-wingers‭’ ‬and most centrists‭’ ‬wheelhouse.‭ ‬
These and other jobs that are truly obsolete,‭ ‬when viewed through the eyes of those capable of employment in renewable energy,‭ ‬the poor souls who must poison the environment to maintain a roof over their head and food on the table,‭ ‬must be pitied by the young people, whose future these unskilled millions are destroying.‭

The Green New Deal,‭ ‬like any legislation that threatens the quarterly bonuses of corporate big wigs,‭ ‬will be squelched by the GOP before any consideration is given,‭ ‬because that is Job One for them.‭ As f‬or the Democrats, it’s those who blindly assist the congressional Republicans‭’ ‬efforts,‭ ‬and are reelected‭ ‬time after time after time‭ ‬because they sold themselves to the ruling billionaire class and‭ ‬so,‭ ‬receive the political contributions needed to campaign.‭

If AOC and her Squad remain true to their constituents,‭ ‬the small donations given toward their reelection campaigns should be adequate.‭ ‬They will be hated by the right-wingers and most centrists for their unbending devotion to their communities,‭ ‬but she and her Squad consistently work for their voters‭’ ‬interests,‭ ‬and their supporters can see this.‭ ‬Their supporters also see how the ruling billionaire class controls all of the congressional Republicans and all but a handful of the Democrats.‭

If the young people of this country can vote the boomers out of office before it’s too late,‭ ‬AOC and her Squad,‭ ‬with the help of others from their generation elected to congress,‭ ‬could very well reverse the massive damage done to the United States by the thoughtless and greedy Baby Boomers.

Given the course the boomers have taken and are taking this country,‭ ‬the young people might want the novel coronavirus to stay a while.‭ ‬The impeached president trump’s intentional mishandling of the COVID-19‭ ‬pandemic might just be what AOC,‭ ‬her Squad,‭ ‬and future generations needed to help stop the Baby Boomers‭’ ‬endless greed and stupidity.‭

Yes, $$ is an issue. But more than that, humans can't live sustainably unless there is a big decrease in quality of living and a die off.

Our society has been built on fossil fuels. Before had crude oil we used whale oil. Whale oil eventually started to run out and then crude oil was discovered. Without fossil fuels our population could never have grown as it did. So if fossil fuels are suddenly ripped out, the population that was artificially built on fossil fuels must decline.

Wind and sun are not always on demand. Sometimes in the Rustbelt the sun does not come out for a week. The theory on Peak Oil summed up what will happen to humans once the fossil fuels are taken away...a massive die-off.

Sure, fossil fuels will run down on their own. But that is unavoidable. We are sifting the crude out of sand and cracking / fracking rocks to find gas...so the writing is on the proverbial wall.

Petrochemicals make up a big use of crude oil. Asphalt on the road, roofing, lubricating oils, motor oil, tires, plastics, synthetic, clothes, farming, dyes, pharmaceuticals, detergents, chemicals such as sulfuric acid, guitar strings, wood varnish, hand cream. CD's, DVD's, crayons, pillows, packing material, toilet seats, cell phones, heart valves...the list is almost endless...all crude oil based. Our fertilizer is made as a byproduct of natural gas.

They tried to replace crude based printing ink with soy ink. Result...the ink goes rancid and the printing has a rancid smell to it. Are we going to make soy tires...soy roofs...soy roads? We already got plenty of soyboys and we can see how that worked out.

maga man.jpg

Denial is not a defense.

I must be hitting the problem dead on the head with my hammer. You are reduced to slams with no content. You lose, cupcake. You don't mind if I help to make sure everyone else doesn't lose as well, do you?
Thank Gaea we have liberals who have decided they have to do everyone's thinking for them.

You run along and do that.

Denial is not a defense.

Thank Gaea we have liberals who have decided they have to do everyone's thinking for them.

You run along and do that.

Thank you for your sad attempt at being a Spellink Nazi. If that's the only win you can get, take it.

It is understandable why it is the young people elected to congress feel the urgency to pass the Green New Deal.‭ ‬But getting it past those congressional Republicans and Democrats opposing the bill will be extremely difficult.‭ ‬Those politicians‭’ ‬votes are owned by the fossil fuel industry,‭ ‬and since they will all be dead before the effects of climate change become irreversible,‭ ‬they don’t give a sh!t if they leave behind a wasteland for their children,‭ ‬and especially their grandchildren.

As usual,‭ ‬our elected representatives put the short-term corporate profits ahead of the well being of average Americans.‭ ‬In the case of the Green New Deal,‭ ‬these self-serving congressmen‭ (‬and women‭) ‬are telling countless future generations to go fvck themselves so as to protect the next fifteen years of profits for the fossil fuel fat cats.‭

Unfortunately, the conservatives and most centrists are fine with this,‭ ‬because,‭ ‬like the a$$holes in congress these conservatives and centrists will all be dead before the effects of climate change become irreversible,‭ ‬so they don’t give a sh!t if they leave behind a wasteland for their children,‭ ‬and especially their grandchildren either.

However,‭ ‬in defense of the right-wingers‭’ ‬and centrists‭’ ‬indefensible position on the Green New Deal,‭ ‬their nineteenth century abilities do not translate well to twenty-first century jobs in technology.‭ ‬So,‭ ‬digging coal,‭ ‬grunt work on oil drilling rigs,‭ ‬and other jobs that require a strong back and little intelligence fit well in the right-wingers‭’ ‬and most centrists‭’ ‬wheelhouse.‭ ‬
These and other jobs that are truly obsolete,‭ ‬when viewed through the eyes of those capable of employment in renewable energy,‭ ‬the poor souls who must poison the environment to maintain a roof over their head and food on the table,‭ ‬must be pitied by the young people, whose future these unskilled millions are destroying.‭

The Green New Deal,‭ ‬like any legislation that threatens the quarterly bonuses of corporate big wigs,‭ ‬will be squelched by the GOP before any consideration is given,‭ ‬because that is Job One for them.‭ As f‬or the Democrats, it’s those who blindly assist the congressional Republicans‭’ ‬efforts,‭ ‬and are reelected‭ ‬time after time after time‭ ‬because they sold themselves to the ruling billionaire class and‭ ‬so,‭ ‬receive the political contributions needed to campaign.‭

If AOC and her Squad remain true to their constituents,‭ ‬the small donations given toward their reelection campaigns should be adequate.‭ ‬They will be hated by the right-wingers and most centrists for their unbending devotion to their communities,‭ ‬but she and her Squad consistently work for their voters‭’ ‬interests,‭ ‬and their supporters can see this.‭ ‬Their supporters also see how the ruling billionaire class controls all of the congressional Republicans and all but a handful of the Democrats.‭

If the young people of this country can vote the boomers out of office before it’s too late,‭ ‬AOC and her Squad,‭ ‬with the help of others from their generation elected to congress,‭ ‬could very well reverse the massive damage done to the United States by the thoughtless and greedy Baby Boomers.

Given the course the boomers have taken and are taking this country,‭ ‬the young people might want the novel coronavirus to stay a while.‭ ‬The impeached president trump’s intentional mishandling of the COVID-19‭ ‬pandemic might just be what AOC,‭ ‬her Squad,‭ ‬and future generations needed to help stop the Baby Boomers‭’ ‬endless greed and stupidity.‭

That’s a really long post to say “We aren’t stupid “.

Destroying our economy won't save the planet.

But, hey, nothing's stopping you from living in a yurt and burning animal dung for heat.

Guess the Op doesn't know that that green shit will bankrupt the country. Anyone voting for that shit is dumber than a box of rocks. And that an insult to rocks.

Forum List

Back