The Right to Shelter Bill

williepete

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2011
Troposphere
This will be a huge magnet drawing in homeless people from all over the U.S.

On the up side, it could save the other 49 states loads of money by drawing away their homeless. Other states would see a reduction in crime and save money spent on law enforcement, medical care and social services.

Go for it Mexifornia. As if the state wasn't committing suicide fast enough.

California State Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) has introduced a bill that would guarantee a “right to shelter” and provide housing for every homeless person in the state.
The bill, SB 48, declares: “This bill would state the intent of the Legislature to enact legislation that creates a right to shelter for unhoused residents throughout the state.”

According to the bill, the “right to shelter” would include:

(1) A safe place to sleep and keep one’s belongings.

(2) An ability to access the shelter without having to sign up on a daily basis.

(3) An ability to remain with one’s partner.

(4) An ability to access services necessary to stabilize one’s life and transition into supportive housing or permanent housing, including mental health, addiction treatment, and other services.

However, the bill does not explain how the state will pay for the cost of providing the “right to shelter.”

California Democrat Proposes 'Right to Shelter' for Every Homeless Person in State | Breitbart

On the up side, it could save the other 49 states loads of money by drawing away their homeless. Other states would see a reduction in crime and save money spent on law enforcement, medical care and social services.

California State Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) has introduced a bill that would guarantee a “right to shelter” and provide housing for every homeless person in the state.
The bill, SB 48, declares: “This bill would state the intent of the Legislature to enact legislation that creates a right to shelter for unhoused residents throughout the state.”

(2) An ability to access the shelter without having to sign up on a daily basis.

(4) An ability to access services necessary to stabilize one’s life and transition into supportive housing or permanent housing, including mental health, addiction treatment, and other services.

However, the bill does not explain how the state will pay for the cost of providing the “right to shelter.”

California Democrat Proposes 'Right to Shelter' for Every Homeless Person in State | Breitbart
We need more efficient Government not merely more Government. We already have laws regarding the concept of employment at will. Compensation for that public policy is covered by that public use. We should be solving our homeless dilemma through recourse to unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed. It should be as simple as equal protection of the law can make it.

a country isn't great if millions of people aren't living in poverty and on the streets!

VAST numbers of poor and homeless are the benchmark for a great country!

So...

all land is private personal or government owned.
no parking laws and limited time parking laws EVERYWHERE.
you lose your job
you lose your home
you can't stay on the streets
you can't stay in the woods (laws!)
you can't stay on someone else's property.....

so
swim 12 miles out into the ocean........and fkn drown

or...jail.

what a great country!

Jesus that guy is an idiot.

If his bill gets passed it is going to draw every homeless person in surrounding States right to California.

Wonder how the tax payers will like paying to give them all shelter.

Scott Wiener is the same guy who sponsored a California law that decriminalized knowingly exposing someone to HIV Aids. So we know his frame of reference. The bill is unworkable and makes zero demands on anyone receiving shelter so it guarantees a permanent underclass who will be housed and fed (through other agencies) into perpetuity.
You get the behavior you encourage. Only in San Francisco could a politician like Scott Wiener exist.

Scott Wiener is the same guy who sponsored a California law that decriminalized knowingly exposing someone to HIV Aids. So we know his frame of reference. The bill is unworkable and makes zero demands on anyone receiving shelter so it guarantees a permanent underclass who will be housed and fed (through other agencies) into perpetuity.
You get the behavior you encourage. Only in San Francisco could a politician like Scott Wiener exist.
the right wing only complains, why no better solutions at lower cost?

Conservatives have been starting threads and posts trashing California for their homeless problem for a long time. Now that they are actually trying to do something about it, you trash them.

Why don't you trash Utah? They started a policy of providing the same things California is trying to do for chronic homeless people years ago. They get the people off the streets and put them in homes.

All the person has to do is pay a very low rent up to 50 dollars a month. Which is usually paid by welfare tax dollars.

It has been a big success.

Why is it ok for Utah to do this but not California?

Utah Reduced Chronic Homelessness By 91 Percent; Here's How

If his bill gets passed it is going to draw every homeless person in surrounding States right to California.

Utah's program of basically giving homes to the chromic homeless is nearly the same as what California is proposing and it's a big success.

Utah didn't see people flocking to the state because of it either.

Why is it ok for Utah to do nearly the same thing but it's not ok for California to?

Utah's program of basically giving homes to the chromic homeless is nearly the same as what California is proposing and it's a big success.

Why is it ok for Utah to do nearly the same thing but it's not ok for California to?

Yeah and what's the population of Utah??

How many homeless do you think they see as opposed to the big cities in California??

I'd say not even close.

Conservatives have been starting threads and posts trashing California for their homeless problem for a long time. Now that they are actually trying to do something about it, you trash them.

Why don't you trash Utah? They started a policy of providing the same things California is trying to do for chronic homeless people years ago. They get the people off the streets and put them in homes.

All the person has to do is pay a very low rent up to 50 dollars a month. Which is usually paid by welfare tax dollars.

It has been a big success.

Why is it ok for Utah to do this but not California?

Bring back the asylums. Most of the homeless are insane, or illegal. Lock up the crazies for their own good and that of the community. Deport the illegals.

Learn to keep your hands out of people's pockets, or you may one day pull back a stump.

How many homeless do you think they see as opposed to the big cities in California??

I'd say not even close.

You posted that people would flock to California because of this.

I show you that Utah is doing basically the same thing without people flocking to that state and you change the subject to the number of people.

Seems to me that since there's a lot more people in California they would have more money and more housing to do this than Utah. The only negative about it would be it might take longer to implement.

Utah has not seen people flocking to that state for their homeless program. There is no reason to believe that people will flock to California because of it either.

I think I know why conservatives are trashing California but not Utah.

1.Utah is a conservative state.
2. California is a liberal state.
3. If California solves their homeless problem you won't be able to whine and complain about it.

When I see you trashing Utah for doing the same thing, I just might stop believing you're just a partisan hack who doesn't really care about the homeless problem. All you care about is trashing your fellow American just because they have a different view from you.

I'd say not even close.

I show you that Utah is doing basically the same thing without people flocking to that state and you change the subject to the number of people.

Seems to me that since there's a lot more people in California they would have more money and more housing to do this than Utah. The only negative about it would be it might take longer to implement.

Utah has not seen people flocking to that state for their homeless program. There is no reason to believe that people will flock to California because of it either.

3. If California solves their homeless problem you won't be able to whine and complain about it.

When I see you trashing Utah for doing the same thing, I just might stop believing you're just a partisan hack who doesn't really care about the homeless problem. All you care about is trashing your fellow American just because they have a different view from you.

Would you rather live in Utah or California??

No one is trashing Utah, except you. Utah is a beautiful State.

Oh and I couldn't care less about the homeless. Most of them are right where they want to be. They don't have to work. They can get free meals at the homeless shelters and in many cases a place to sleep. They wouldn't have it any other way.

You are entitled to your view as am I.

Carry on clueless.

its a Progressive Liberal politician they never do anything without considering how it will affect the vote. They are replacing those tax payers at the ballot.

I'd say not even close.

Fact: It is a lot colder in UT, think about it.

Forum List

Back