The Right To Bear Arms

Picking up a brick can accomplish the same thing.
Can you mass kill with a brick?

Yes.

You can commit mass murder with a can of gasoline, a car, a truck, a truck with a snow plow would be very effective you can commit mass murder with a knife, and yes a gun and probably a hundred other things
The lead cause of mass murder now are guns.

No, the lead cause of mass murder is the same as it's always been: humans.

True but you don't hand over weapons of mass destruction to do it. We can't fix how someone grew up, what their inter thoughts & beliefs are but we sure as hell can stop them from acquiring weapons that can kill hundred's within minutes.

NO, you can NOT at all stop them from acquiring weapons that can kill hundreds within minutes!
Are you so ill informed that you think an AR can shoot any faster than any firearm?
It is single shot, in that you have to pull the trigger each time, just like any firearm.
And the reality is that if Cruz had chosen a shotgun, he could easily have killed twice as many, because you can kill 2 or 3 with each individual shot.
And if you made rifles and shotguns illegal, then Cruz could have used 2 pistols at once, and likely killed 4 times as many as he did.

What you are suggesting is attempting to turn back the clock, putting the genie back in the bottle, like pretending nuclear weapons don't actually exist.
It can't be done, it would ruin the republic to try, and it is just insane.
You should be glad Cruz just did not do something like arson or a gas explosion, which could have wiped out the majority of the students.

Obviously what you should be doing in stead is preventing the bullying that caused the harm in the first place, or ensuring schools have better quality guards.

My point was not to show that traffic fatalities are higher, my point was to illustrate how people are shocked and react emotionally when a lot of people die all at once. If there were mass shootings across the country tomorrow and 40,000 people were killed, you can bet that they would ban firearms the next day. At the very least, there would be an immediate temporary ban. But because 40,000 people die in slow motion throughout the year on the highways and out of our sight and mind for the most part, nobody gives it a second thought.

Your point is to try and make us look at something we can't currently change so that we won't look at something we CAN currently change. Simple as that. "Hey, Look Over There".

Of course we can change it. You just told me yourself that "We have done quite a bit to slow down traffic deaths and more is on the way."

Like I told Derp, it is not my intention to divert the focus or direction of the conversation. My intention is to show how gun control advocates, while ostensibly proposing a solution to reduce deaths, get emotional and fired up over 17 deaths by firearms but have nothing to say about the 40,000 deaths by motor vehicle accidents every year.

When it comes to human fatalities, people can be highly subjective about which manner of death to address. To the point that it becomes clear before long that it's not so much the number of deaths that they're concerned about, but rather the manner of the deaths.

Even one person murdered in anger is wrong.

True, but murder has been part of human history for as long as there have been humans, so if your goal is to eliminate all murder, you're defeated at the outset, and everything you do is going to be wrong, as well.

when you can minimize the body count you MUST do it. To totally ignore that factor makes you as guilty as the person pulling the trigger.

Well, perhaps when you get done dodging serious discussions of practical solutions in order to keep screaming slogans, you'll get around to proposing something that will ACTUALLY save lives.

And we need to approach the Mass Shootings the same way. We need to fix what we can fix even if it's just to minimize the body count.
Sadly, your profoundly ignorant progressive “fix” continues to increase the body count.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time. You people have banned, outlawed, regulated, legislated, and restricted your way to more dead children. Left-wing policy always ends in failure because it is built on ignorance and emotion.

You keep spewing the same thing and we keep doing what you demand. Looks to me like that is the definition of stupid. Some of us are trying to introduce common sense.

At what point have you EVER done anything we've asked?

Some of us are trying to introduce common sense.
You did that already. You banned firearms on school grounds. How did that work out?

And you undid it when you didn't follow the four points I suggested. You made killing fields all over the place. And it wouldn't matter if the Teachers were armed or not. The Teachers would just become the first fatalities.

And they are already, so . . .

And we need to approach the Mass Shootings the same way. We need to fix what we can fix even if it's just to minimize the body count.
Sadly, your profoundly ignorant progressive “fix” continues to increase the body count.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time. You people have banned, outlawed, regulated, legislated, and restricted your way to more dead children. Left-wing policy always ends in failure because it is built on ignorance and emotion.
You keep spewing the same thing and we keep doing what you demand.
It speaks volumes that you have to resort to lying. You’ve never done what conservatives advocate. Never.

Allow all permit holders to carry concealed on schools grounds (including teachers). Have armed security on site. Guarantee you’ll never see a mass shooting again.

Until the Bad Guy realizes that the armed teacher is more a liability than an asset and an easy target. You really think "Call to Arms" is like real life?

Only a leftist would think being armed makes someone an "easy target".

Yes.

You can commit mass murder with a can of gasoline, a car, a truck, a truck with a snow plow would be very effective you can commit mass murder with a knife, and yes a gun and probably a hundred other things
The lead cause of mass murder now are guns.

No, the lead cause of mass murder is the same as it's always been: humans.

True but you don't hand over weapons of mass destruction to do it. We can't fix how someone grew up, what their inter thoughts & beliefs are but we sure as hell can stop them from acquiring weapons that can kill hundred's within minutes.

NO, you can NOT at all stop them from acquiring weapons that can kill hundreds within minutes!
Are you so ill informed that you think an AR can shoot any faster than any firearm?
It is single shot, in that you have to pull the trigger each time, just like any firearm.
And the reality is that if Cruz had chosen a shotgun, he could easily have killed twice as many, because you can kill 2 or 3 with each individual shot.
And if you made rifles and shotguns illegal, then Cruz could have used 2 pistols at once, and likely killed 4 times as many as he did.

What you are suggesting is attempting to turn back the clock, putting the genie back in the bottle, like pretending nuclear weapons don't actually exist.
It can't be done, it would ruin the republic to try, and it is just insane.
You should be glad Cruz just did not do something like arson or a gas explosion, which could have wiped out the majority of the students.

Obviously what you should be doing in stead is preventing the bullying that caused the harm in the first place, or ensuring schools have better quality guards.

Yeah you can stop the crazies & terrorists from walking into gun stores and buying weapons. The genie is going back in the bottle on January 19, 2019 when Democrats take over both houses.

Stephen Colbert's worst nightmare...

armed-bears.png

Oh, wait....dyslexia...wrong thread... :lmao:

The genie is going back in the bottle on January 19, 2019 when Democrats take over both houses.
This coming from the progressive twit who predicted a Hitlery Clinton "landslide" election. :laugh:

I love listening to progressives attempt to self-soothe by trying to talk themselves into the idea that they will get fascists elected to tear down the U.S. Constitution.

when you can minimize the body count you MUST do it. To totally ignore that factor makes you as guilty as the person pulling the trigger.
So you admit that you are as guilty as the people who have pulled the trigger? Good. I agree with you for once. You absolutely are as guilty as those who pulled the trigger. You’re the jerk who banned firearms from school grounds - creating victim zones.

Shame on you. You’re a disgrace to the U.S. and you cost many people their children.

Are you aware just how rare that behavior is? Even the Cops have to continually train to keep their ability to react properly.
Once again...indisputable proof that everything DH says is 100% bullshit. You literally make stuff up every time you post. You should be ashamed. These are two ordinary women with no special training. They prevented a crime, they protected themselves, and they put the thug in the hospital. No training required.

GRAPHIC VIDEO: Liquor store clerks shoot armed robbery suspect, fight over gun

Of course we can change it. You just told me yourself that "We have done quite a bit to slow down traffic deaths and more is on the way."

Like I told Derp, it is not my intention to divert the focus or direction of the conversation. My intention is to show how gun control advocates, while ostensibly proposing a solution to reduce deaths, get emotional and fired up over 17 deaths by firearms but have nothing to say about the 40,000 deaths by motor vehicle accidents every year.

When it comes to human fatalities, people can be highly subjective about which manner of death to address. To the point that it becomes clear before long that it's not so much the number of deaths that they're concerned about, but rather the manner of the deaths.

Even one person murdered in anger is wrong.

True, but murder has been part of human history for as long as there have been humans, so if your goal is to eliminate all murder, you're defeated at the outset, and everything you do is going to be wrong, as well.

The body count was minimized in the Texas church shooting when a citizen with a rifle wounded the chickenshit shooter and caused him to vacate the scene.

This is diametrically opposed the actions of the chickenshit deputies that refused to confront the crazed shooter in Broward County Florida.

Are you aware just how rare that behavior is? Even the Cops have to continually train to keep their ability to react properly. There are functions of the body that get in the way even if you are well armed. Normal People have it built into us.
Such chickenshit assholes should not be assigned to protect children and teachers in schools.

If you have lots and lots of bricks and either shoot them from cannons or drop them from bombers. Much like a small bullet can't kill without the gun.
I swear sometimes I just I can most gun lovers overseas and show thrm how it's possible to live without guns, and prevent mass killings. The US looks like it's in constant war...thousands die from gun violence...what a shame for this country.

I've seen how "it's possible to live without guns". As I recall, it resulted in being assaulted by a guy who was a budding serial killer, and convinced me that being unarmed was a stupid idea for a woman in a world of men who can overpower me.

So what've you got to top that?

So you walk around with your pistol at all times? you take a shower with it? you drive around with it in parking lots? you sleep with it? if Anything would happen to you, you won't have time to react. And by the way the US has 300 millions weapons or so available and guess what we have one of the highest numbers of rape per capita. Why is that?

Why would I shower with it? Only a dumbass puts a gun in water.

And "You wouldn't have time to react" is the stupidest argument I've heard so far this week. Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't, but I'd have a damn sight better chance than I would with my bare hands. Moron.

Highest number of rapes per capita? Off the top of my head, I'm going to say that has a lot more to do with the millions of penises in the US, not guns. Would you like to ban THOSE next?
Ok wonder woman...calm down.

It will...demographics are changing. :)

You are correct they over the last 59 years the idea of banning guns is more unlikely than likely as the numbers are trending against banning guns altogether.
Things will change, the fabric of America will change. It's a small world and rapidly changing.

Good luck with your delusional belief that EVENTUALLY, you're going to convince the majority of Americans that they really don't want all that troublesome freedom.

Oh, wait, I forgot. Your plan is to overwhelm actual Americans with an invasion of illegal immigrants.
You gotta respect the will of the majority....as for now there is nothing one can do. But there will come time, where the 2nd amendment will be abolished I can assure you of that.
Your life doesn't depend on a gun, you can live without it....this isn't the wild wide west era.

Given that YOU are the one pushing for something the majority keeps telling you it doesn't want, I'd say ONE of us needs to respect their will, anyway.

And no, "there is nothing one can do" is the song of someone whose major agenda is to have more deaths with which to panic people into subjugation, rather than protecting people from harm. There are lots of things we can do, and you're obviously just going to sit there arguing with all of it and making excuses why we have to give you your way.
Look.
I've lived in a gun free society and I live in a an infested gun violence society. The difference is the availability of guns if we ban them....We will see a decrease of gun deaths....simple.
You are keeping guns now, but if the majority's will shifts to banning and abolishing the second you have to comply.

You are correct they over the last 59 years the idea of banning guns is more unlikely than likely as the numbers are trending against banning guns altogether.
Things will change, the fabric of America will change. It's a small world and rapidly changing.

Good luck with your delusional belief that EVENTUALLY, you're going to convince the majority of Americans that they really don't want all that troublesome freedom.

Oh, wait, I forgot. Your plan is to overwhelm actual Americans with an invasion of illegal immigrants.
And by the way if it wasn't for migration I don't think you would be here....millions of natives wouldn't be massacred, and millions of blacks wouldn't being enslaved. And thousands of Americans wouldn't have to die from gun violence every year....Just imagine if your ancestor from a country like Austria, Belgium or any other country where gun violence is very minimal and kids don't get massacred in schools, where they should be learning and having fun.

Blah blah blah. Yes, my ancestors immigrated here hundreds of years ago. Unlike you, THEY actually liked what America was and what it stood for, and they wanted to become part of it, rather than wanting to sneer at it and immediately start changing it to mirror the place they left. But then, my ancestors were a lot smarter than you are.
Hundreds of years ago? Pleaaaase.

I want American kids to grow up safe like I did in a gun free country.
Yeah...your country was SO great you promptly ran to the U.S. and made this your home. :laugh:
Who told you i left for good? :)

If you're going back, could you please get on with it already? Fucking tourists.
Nope I'm American I can stay when I want to and leave when I want to. Heck I'll come just to vote and go back ;)

It's called the Common sense approach. You do what you must do to make a common sense change. Some things are beyond your control but others are within your control so you change what you can and don't waste your time in the areas that you can't change. So your "Hey, Look Over There" routine isn't too common sense.

The common sense approach is why have we had gun shootings in schools only within the last 23 years? We have had guns for a lot longer than that, yet the school shootings are now increasing in frequency. The shootings are the symptoms of a much bigger issue and banning guns like Issa wants, will not change anything, the problem will still be there.
Is not just school shootings my friend, Americans have been shooting each other since day one.

Again, this is a symptom and you don't want to address it, that's fine but until you cure the disease will persist, gun or no gun.

Guns....people here when they lose it, they pick a gun and shoot. Other societies where guns are within reach, they fight, they use non lethal stuff till they cool down, arrested or stopped. Some rough areas I've been to overseas, fights left and right and there was always a saying if it guns were available like in the US lot of people would lose their lives.
Banning guns for sure it was stop all murders, but it will lower it dramatically, ther will be less mass shootings if any.

Like I said, I never have been in a fist fight but I don't see the correlation between a fist fight and shooting anyone. Not all fist fights in this country end in gun fights and I would be hard pressed to say even 1% of fist fights will end in a gun fight.
Guns empower people to inflict a big damage into those they wanna harm. That's why in America we have more deaths per capita from gun violence and violence in general compared to most gun free countries.

And by the way if it wasn't for migration I don't think you would be here....millions of natives wouldn't be massacred, and millions of blacks wouldn't being enslaved. And thousands of Americans wouldn't have to die from gun violence every year....Just imagine if your ancestor from a country like Austria, Belgium or any other country where gun violence is very minimal and kids don't get massacred in schools, where they should be learning and having fun.

So in Britain they removed the guns and the murder rate went up, how does that make us safer? The same happened in Australia, it went down the first year but then trended up, people found other ways to kill.

We have had massive immigration since the 60's and the number of people opposing a gun ban has risen. So far your idea doesn't match the evidence that has been compiled.

Why don't you want to cure the problem? All you want to do is fix the symptom of a much bigger issue in this country.
A graph is better than a thousand word.

gun-murders-per-100000-deaths.png

I want American kids to grow up safe like I did in a gun free country.
Yeah...your country was SO great you promptly ran to the U.S. and made this your home. :laugh:
Who told you i left for good? :)
The fact that you left at all tells me everything I need to know. I’ve never left the U.S. (even temporarily) and I never will.
Who cares if you live or stay? do a DNA check you'll see that you are from different places....we as humans we constantly migrate. Open your mind, get rid of your paranoia and go enjoy life.

Is not just school shootings my friend, Americans have been shooting each other since day one.

Again, this is a symptom and you don't want to address it, that's fine but until you cure the disease will persist, gun or no gun.

Guns....people here when they lose it, they pick a gun and shoot. Other societies where guns are within reach, they fight, they use non lethal stuff till they cool down, arrested or stopped. Some rough areas I've been to overseas, fights left and right and there was always a saying if it guns were available like in the US lot of people would lose their lives.
Banning guns for sure it was stop all murders, but it will lower it dramatically, ther will be less mass shootings if any.

No, in other societies they just use a different lethal weapon. I'm really over your pretense that gun-banning societies don't have mass murders. Lie to yourself, if you want, but don't expect anyone else to believe you.

Really, me girl. What mass shootings are you talking about? Want to try Australia? How about Japan? France? The UK? Germany? Sweden? Italy?
Are you suggesting they are useing knives, me girl. Cause if so, you loose. Shoes? Volcanoes? Perhaps you should back up your claims with some proof. Or do you think we should simply believe you. Though we seldom actually believe dipshits. Which tends to leave you out.
There are those who need and love assault rifles, and consider them their right to own. Like you. And there are the rest of us, who value the lives of people. Like the people of the other 35 advanced nations of the world.
No one needs an assault rifle. Just as no one needs an F16. Both should be outlawed for the good of our children.

1) I said "mass killings", not "mass shootings". Don't fucking try that goalpost-moving bullshit on me.

2) THESE would be the mass killings I'm talking about.

Monash University shooting - Wikipedia

A History of Mass Killings in Japan

Paris massacre: At least 128 die in attacks - CNN

Cumbria shootings - Wikipedia

2016 Munich shooting - Wikipedia

2 killed, about dozen wounded in Swedish restaurant shooting

Italian male nurse shoots four people dead, including his brother and sister-in-law, during shotgun rampage in mafia-infested Naples after 'row over a clothes line' | Daily Mail Online

Some use knives, some STILL use guns, some use bombs, or cars, or fire. It's almost like the problem is violent humans, not the tools used.

3) I don't require anyone to simply believe me. To the contrary, I encourage you to actually research the subject, rather than just taking the media's word for it. Talk about believing dipshits.

4) No one asked you what you think anyone "needs". And only idiots like you think disarming law-abiding citizens is "for the good" of anyone.
You are a pure example of the ignorant dumb american....have you ever left your county? Enjoy this graph.

gun-murders-per-100000-deaths.png

You gotta respect the will of the majority....as for now there is nothing one can do. But there will come time, where the 2nd amendment will be abolished I can assure you of that.
Your life doesn't depend on a gun, you can live without it....this isn't the wild wide west era.

You are correct there and that is why we as a nation will not ban guns.

You may want to stop being so paranoid. I have a pretty good idea I own more guns than you. And I am absolutely confident that none of the guns I own will be outlawed. You see, I have hunting guns. Not human killing guns.
In my humble but correct opinion, assault weapons are not needed or usfull for hunting, as compared to the alternatives.

How am I paranoid? I have no issue with you having guns. I have no doubt that you also have more guns than I do because I don’t own a gun and don’t plan on it.

Repealing the 2nd Amendment will never happen as Issa is claiming it will.
Never say Never....not long ago blacks were slaves, not long ago women couldn't vote, things do change.

Forum List

Back