The Rich Are *Not* Paying Their Fair Share? The Facts Say Otherwise

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Regarding the liberal claim that the rich are not paying their “fair share” of taxes, the following facts might be of interest:

* In 2017, the top 1% paid 39% of all federal income taxes.

* In 2017, the top 1%% paid a greater share of individual income taxes--39.0%--than the bottom 90% combined--29.4%.

* In 2017, the top 1%% paid an individual income tax rate of 27.1%, whereas the bottom 50% paid an individual income tax rate of 3.6%, i.e., a rate that is 700% higher than the rate paid by the bottom 50%.

* In 2016, the top 10% paid 70% of all federal income taxes.

Sources:

Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2017 Update

Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes? | SmartAsset

The top 1% keeps gaining wealth while the middle class shrinks, that is a recipe for disaster.

upload_2019-2-8_17-7-26.png

The top 1/10 0f one per cent own 25% of the wealth of the nation.

Explain to me how they are paying their share?

The middle class has more money than it has ever had in history.
The middle class needs to stop spending more money than they earn.
You can't spend your way into the upper class.

Regarding the liberal claim that the rich are not paying their “fair share” of taxes, the following facts might be of interest:

* In 2017, the top 1%% paid a greater share of individual income taxes--39.0%--than the bottom 90% combined--29.4%.

* In 2017, the top 1%% paid an individual income tax rate of 27.1%, whereas the bottom 50% paid an individual income tax rate of 3.6%, i.e., a rate that is 700% higher than the rate paid by the bottom 50%.

Sources:

of course you are totally brainwashed by the GOP propaganda machine to only think in terms of federal income taxes, super duper dupe. If you count all taxes, they pay the same percentage wise as everyone else really,and get all the New Wealth while the middle class and our infrastructure go to hell, 35 years now and just gets worse. Brainwashed functional moron.

OP knows he is being disingenuous, it is proper for people who own the bulk of all money to pay the bulk of taxes.

Sources:

wealthy INDIVIDUALS you dumbass -

you quote stats that include mega millionaires- billionaires- trillionaires as a WHOLE.

nice try dipshit

Why go and destroy perfectly good class hatred with a few facts?

81e6fb05698ebdc07f1eb650ffa2c1e4.jpg

Sources:

You'd think that the way everyone keeps repeating those statistics like they do, the left would finally understand.

But they don't. They just can't for some reason. Their heads are full of pudding.

OP knows he is being disingenuous, it is proper for people who own the bulk of all money to pay the bulk of taxes.

While those who earn less pay hardly anything, yet get huge refunds at the expense of us who earn more?

What kind of a bullshit scam is that?

Sources:

you quote stats that include mega millionaires- billionaires- trillionaires as a WHOLE.

nice try dipshit
And what is wrong with mega millionaires? There are more today with President Trump in office, than the 1/2 white fagot who preceded him. Also there are less on welfare than was under Obummer. You know after 8 years of the queer in office, it is going to take a while for middleclass to recover from the shitforbrain Kenyan....

While those who earn less pay hardly anything, yet get huge refunds at the expense of us who earn more?

The super rich get very generous deductions, tax shelters and frequent tax cuts that we do not get. What kind of bullshit scam is that? I'll tell you, you have been living in a plutocracy so long you think that's how it's supposed to be.

Sources:

nice try dipshit
And what is wrong with mega millionaires? There are more today with President Trump in office, than the 1/2 white fagot who preceded him. Also there are less on welfare than was under Obummer. You know after 8 years of the queer in office, it is going to take a while for middleclass to recover from the shitforbrain Kenyan....

kinda late in Russia - does your handler know youre still up ?

Sources:

nice try dipshit
The economy is better served by a thousand millionaires than one billionaire. Concentrated wealth is more a thing of monopoly and rigged systems and less about a truly healthy economy.

The super rich get very generous deductions, tax shelters and frequent tax cuts that we do not get. What kind of bullshit scam is that? I'll tell you, you have been living in a plutocracy so long you think that's how it's supposed to be.

Not my fault you're too poor to afford a good tax consultant. Maybe you should work harder.

Sources:

nice try dipshit

kinda late in Russia - does your handler know youre still up ?

How predictable of you. Godwin's Law in action here, folks. Except "Hitler" has been replaced with "Russians."

Not my fault you're too poor to afford a good tax consultant. Maybe you should work harder.

not my fault you have to work ... GOMER.

Forum List

Back