The republicans who claimed the stim didnt work yet sought checks

The republicans are talking out of both sides of their mounths and the sad thing is you people know it.

You just continue to lie and carry their water.

TM be honest with yourself. They are politicians first. Not republicans. They can't let their constituients get taxed like they do and get no benefit from it when it's already decided money is being handed out. That's political suicide.

Actually, I see nothing wrong with what they did. They disagreed with the stimulus. Fine. They voted against it. Good. Once it was passed, they prioritized the good of their constituents - who would, after all, be paying for the fucking stimulus. If they're gonna be paying for it, they are entitled to benefit from it.

What's the problem?

I guess the problem is that the Democrats wanted ALL the money for their special interests instead of sharing it with others. Greedy fuckers. :lol:

Thnak you for your honesty,

Yes the stimulus did work and Im glad you agree with the cold hard facts.

I will be sure that all the BIG CHECK photo ops will be at your disposal in the upcoming elections.

Republican Frank Wolf of Virginia trashed the stimulus, voted no, then praised its effect in his home district by saying, “We could use that money desperately. There are a lot of things up here that that money could be used for.”

Republican Bill Shuster of Pennsylvania trashed the stimulus, voted no, then praised its effect in his home state by attending the groundbreaking of a sewage treatment plant that it funded and praising the jobs that it would create in his district.

Republican Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas trashed the stimulus, voted no, and praised its effect in her home state by saying this funding will spur growth in Texas communities.

Republican Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina trashed the stimulus, voted no, then praised its effect in his home district as a great thing for this county. We‘re not accustomed to federal dollars in that magnitude finding their way to North Carolina.

Republican Senator Kit Bond of Missouri trashed the stimulus, voted no and then praised its effect in his home district by saying it would create jobs and ultimately spur economic opportunities.

Republican Joe Wilson of South Carolina, remember him? The “you lie” guy? He trashed the stimulus, voted no, then praised its effect in his home district by saying it would provide jobs and investment in one of the poorer sections of that district.

Frank Wolf never made such a statement.

You lie.

The republicans are talking out of both sides of their mounths and the sad thing is you people know it.

You just continue to lie and carry their water.

TM be honest with yourself. They are politicians first. Not republicans. They can't let their constituients get taxed like they do and get no benefit from it when it's already decided money is being handed out. That's political suicide.

Thank you for admitting the stimulus worked to benifit Americans and the economy.

Actually, I see nothing wrong with what they did. They disagreed with the stimulus. Fine. They voted against it. Good. Once it was passed, they prioritized the good of their constituents - who would, after all, be paying for the fucking stimulus. If they're gonna be paying for it, they are entitled to benefit from it.

What's the problem?

I guess the problem is that the Democrats wanted ALL the money for their special interests instead of sharing it with others. Greedy fuckers. :lol:

I will be sure that all the BIG CHECK photo ops will be at your disposal in the upcoming elections.

Yea, see, I didn't actually agree with your 'cold, hard facts' (because they aren't cold, or hard, or facts). The only fact is that spending money in whatever area will provide a boost - however temporary - to the local economy. Whether that was a smart thing to do is disputable.

What you fail to understand (among the plethora of things that you fail to understand) is that they were perfectly entitled to apply for that money. We are the taxpayers - it is our money. You make it sound like the GOP did something wrong. They didn't. That you don't understand it is your problem.

If the stimulous worked then why is UE still at 9.1%??

Why is the economy still in the toilet???

If you want to talk about historically failed polices try the stimulous. Its been tried many times and never worked. Read a little history thereTDM. You might learn something.

Why shouldn't Republicans seek checks from the stimulus money? It passed, did it not?

So by your logic anyone who voted against it should not receive any benefit from it after it passed?

So, I voted against raising my property taxes by voting against an additional school levy. Does that mean that I don't have to pay the extra on my property taxes even though the levy passed?

What a stupid thread.

Rick

Thank you for admitting the stimulus money was a benifit , that means it worked

If the stimulous worked then why is UE still at 9.1%??

Why is the economy still in the toilet???

If you want to talk about historically failed polices try the stimulous. Its been tried many times and never worked. Read a little history thereTDM. You might learn something.

You jsut said it worked and then floopped andsaid it didnt work.

It worked and you know it did or no one would have sought the money.

Obama wanted it to be MORE cash and LESS tax cuts.

The republicans INSISTED a huge chunk be tax cuts.

The tax cuts did not produce any jobs as the republicans claimed YET the Stim MONEY did work.

Those are the facts

What's the problem?

Once again just look at reality. See I've brought this up before about liberals. They can't understand that certain situations are different and that people have to make the best out of a bad situation. They don't like to dig deep. It was already decided the money was going to be spent. Im sure it helped the few people that got it for the short term, not the country as a whole obviously. You have yet to show me how it was a success. I don't care what republicans did or say.

What's the problem?

Yea, see, I didn't actually agree with your 'cold, hard facts' (because they aren't cold, or hard, or facts). The only fact is that spending money in whatever area will provide a boost - however temporary - to the local economy. Whether that was a smart thing to do is disputable.

What you fail to understand (among the plethora of things that you fail to understand) is that they were perfectly entitled to apply for that money. We are the taxpayers - it is our money. You make it sound like the GOP did something wrong. They didn't. That you don't understand it is your problem.

I never said they shouldnt have applied for the money.

I just said they lied then and are lying now about the moneys effect.

Calling me names wont change thoise facts.

What's the problem?

Once again just look at reality. See I've brought this up before about liberals. They can't understand that certain situations are different and that people have to make the best out of a bad situation. They don't like to dig deep. It was already decided the money was going to be spent. Im sure it helped the few people that got it for the short term, not the country as a whole obviously. You have yet to show me how it was a success. I don't care what republicans did or say.

By taking the money they admitted the money was helpful to their districts, they admitted the stimulus would work and they evern knew that while they voted against it

I never said they shouldnt have applied for the money.

I just said they lied then and are lying now about the moneys effect.

Calling me names wont change thoise facts.

The point, my little partisan hack, is that any cash injection was gonna give any economy a bounce. The problem is whether the bounce produced a long term benefit. It didn't. You lose.

The end.

By taking the money they admitted the money was helpful to their districts, they admitted the stimulus would work and they evern knew that while they voted against it

No, it didn't. Idiot.

Wow you are dumb. Oh wait.

Wow you are dumb.

Last edited:

Who cares? It's the system Jindal has to work with in. Can't decide to hand out a bunch of money and sit back and not get any of it. His state contributed to some of that money. Where's the link about the stimulus working?

well its called principle.either you stand by your convictions or you dont.

but no feel free to push those aside because you have zero.

There conviction is to serve their districts. It passed with strong opposition, so their responsibility shifts.

thank you all for admitting the truth we all now exsists.

The stimulus worked and would have worked better if there was more of these type of funds made available to the American people.

The tax cuts in it have produced no jobs.

thank you all for admitting the truth we all now exsists.

The stimulus worked and would have worked better if there was more of these type of funds made available to the American people.

The tax cuts in it have produced no jobs.

Still stuck on stupid. I refuted your argument.
Thanks for playing.

Who cares? It's the system Jindal has to work with in. Can't decide to hand out a bunch of money and sit back and not get any of it. His state contributed to some of that money. Where's the link about the stimulus working?

well its called principle.either you stand by your convictions or you dont.

but no feel free to push those aside because you have zero.

Principles are great when other peoples money aren't at stake. Why should people that that their constituents didn't vote for get to decide what to do with their money and have them not get any of it?

Forum List

Back