The Reason Why There Are Black Institutions In America, Is Racism

I've seen many a righting USMB poster claim, nonsensically, that such-and-such black institution is racist. Showing their ignorance in the process.

The reason why these institutions, organizations and/or business were setup in the first place...is racism.

From the schools to culture, to everything else. Blacks were historically shut-out and/or simply ignored, so there was no choice but to set them up.

HBCUs were created because the institutions of higher learning simply wouldn't accept black students, so HBCUs were created to give black students the opportunity to obtain higher education when virtually no other colleges would.

The Oscars, black talent was simply ignored.

The Grammys, same thing.

The NAACP. founded in 1909, was created to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.

And so on, and so on, and so forth. These institutions, business and/or organizations were setup because of American racism. Racism that still persists today, in various forms.

Only an ignorant fool would fix their face or slam their gums to suggest that these institutions, by default, are racist. It's the height of ignorance and, quite frankly, shows the racism of the person expressing such an asinine view.

"From the schools to culture, to everything else. Blacks were historically shut-out and/or simply ignored, so there was no choice but to set them up."

Since that is no longer the casee,why do we have them now? BLACK CAUCUSES, BLACK ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL, NAACP, BLACK LIVES MATTER, AFRICAN AMERICAN OFFICE OF EDUCATION, AND THE LIST GOES ON.

RACISM???? YOU BET! but let's be exact, it'ss reverse discrimination, but thasat is fine. It favorss the blacks, right , Asc?

Simple Question ... would you consider this to be racism?

7259536720_60cccc001c_b.jpg

Why do you think the American Chinese Community felt compelled to create their own version of the Miss America pageant back in 1958?
Same reason and to demonstrate the beauty Asain have.

Precisely. When an ethnic community is ostracized from the larger community, they will often create their own facsimile versions of the very institutions from which they were ostracized.

Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, in fact, most ethnic minorities, were, at one time or another, were excluded from participation in the mainstream community.

Creating their own institutions can be a matter of survival, an expression of their willingness to assimilate into the larger culture, an act of defiance against their exclusion from cultural institutions, or ... in most cases ... a combination of all of those things.

Minority institutions don't come into existence as racism, they do so as a reaction to racism.
Exactly like white institutions today.

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

The NAACP. founded in 1909, was created to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.

Hello. I have a question for members and supporters of America's NAACP, as well as my other caring, responsible American and foreign born neighbors...

On Sunday, March 11, 2018, during a 60 Minutes segment titled "Treating Trauma", when 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor Oprah Winfrey asks Domestic Abuse victim-survivor Belinda Pittman-McGee if she believes the cycle of Poverty, Joblessness, Homelessness and Incarceration can be solved without first addressing the issue of 'Childhood Trauma'...Mrs. Pittman-McGee immediately replies, "No."

Now that American medical professionals and 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor Oprah Winfrey LOUDLY addressed our Nation's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS, will YOU join Oprah & pediatrician Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, FAAP, MPH, Founder & CEO of the 'Center For Youth Wellness', in passionately calling for a National MOVEMENT educating American & foreign born primary child caregivers about a potentially life scarring medical disease/condition:

"Childhood Trauma" aka
"Adverse Childhood Experiences" (#ACEs)

NAACP, Dr Nadine Burke Harris, Dr Bruce Perry.jpg

Peace.

I actually agree with the OP. These organizations were set up due to the oppression of Blacks in the PAST. They are no longer relevant as institutional racism has been removed from society. Now in fact we see over compensation for the past so now the opposite is true. We have racism against Whites which is promoted by the Media, Entertainment, Government, and Corporate America.

I actually agree with the OP. These organizations were set up due to the oppression of Blacks in the PAST. They are no longer relevant as institutional racism has been removed from society. Now in fact we see over compensation for the past so now the opposite is true. We have racism against Whites which is promoted by the Media, Entertainment, Government, and Corporate America.

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after you’ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism you’ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.

BLM.....??hahahhahahahha
[QUOTEhttps://dailycaller.com/2017/01/30/blm-anti-trump-protest-in-seattle-we-need-to-start-killing-people/][/QUOTE]
BLM Anti-Trump Protest In Seattle: ‘We Need To Start Killing People’
fine fine..they should have groups/etc
I agree racism/discrimination was horrible/etc
but they are now LYING/bullshit/etc
they are pro-criminal and anti-cop
they don't want cops to defend themselves
they blow crap out of proportion/lie/etc

thye cry RACISM too much, when it's not racism

Same reason we have Jewish institutions, and institutions for most American ethnicities.
Jews and blacks have or SHOULD HAVE historically been allies, however Jews have been feeling (and feeding) their whiteness more than their oppression.
No
The reason for any Disharmony is Black Jealousy and people like Farrakahn.
Surely you know there would have been No NAACP without the Jews.
Do Yo homework.
Christos!

`

I've seen many a righting USMB poster claim, nonsensically, that such-and-such black institution is racist. Showing their ignorance in the process.

The reason why these institutions, organizations and/or business were setup in the first place...is racism.

From the schools to culture, to everything else. Blacks were historically shut-out and/or simply ignored, so there was no choice but to set them up.

HBCUs were created because the institutions of higher learning simply wouldn't accept black students, so HBCUs were created to give black students the opportunity to obtain higher education when virtually no other colleges would.

The Grammys, same thing.

And so on, and so on, and so forth. These institutions, business and/or organizations were setup because of American racism. Racism that still persists today, in various forms.

Only an ignorant fool would fix their face or slam their gums to suggest that these institutions, by default, are racist. It's the height of ignorance and, quite frankly, shows the racism of the person expressing such an asinine view.

"From the schools to culture, to everything else. Blacks were historically shut-out and/or simply ignored, so there was no choice but to set them up."

Since that is no longer the casee,why do we have them now? BLACK CAUCUSES, BLACK ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL, NAACP, BLACK LIVES MATTER, AFRICAN AMERICAN OFFICE OF EDUCATION, AND THE LIST GOES ON.

RACISM???? YOU BET! but let's be exact, it'ss reverse discrimination, but thasat is fine. It favorss the blacks, right , Asc?
in a country that holds onto their white racism like a prized possession, these institutions are still needed.

The Grammys, same thing.

Wrong. Whites have always been able to be part of these groups and were not excluded. Whites have been members of the NAACP since it's founding.
However, if there was a National Association for the Advancement of White People (of course, allowing blacks to be members) you would say, No Way! But there are many poor white people that could be helped, right?
Whites have been helped by the government since the founding of this country to the detriment of other races. Whites codified racism to assist whites. No one else benefited except whites.

The Grammys, same thing.

in a country that holds onto their white racism like a prized possession, these institutions are still needed.
Indeed sir.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Who controls the media, the government, and corporate America?

The white population plays a major role in promoting racism against itself?

Now I am a believer that pigs can fly.

Yes, we now have institutional WHITE GUILT that drives much of our society today. That is the pig that flies.

Yes, we now have institutional WHITE GUILT that drives much of our society today. That is the pig that flies.

Then institutionalized "white guilt" must be a very lucrative venture since the vast majority of the nations monetary wealth as well as political power is controlled by a small percentage of the white population.

Then institutionalized "white guilt" must be a very lucrative venture since the vast majority of the nations monetary wealth as well as political power is controlled by a small percentage of the white population.

Really? Like in the Middle East, India, Japan and China? White people control all that wealth?

Same reason we have Jewish institutions, and institutions for most American ethnicities.
Jews and blacks have or SHOULD HAVE been historically allies, however Jews have been feeling (and feeding) their whiteness more than their oppression.

To be fair, Jews have a much longer history with assimilation. We've been doing it for 2,000 years.

After that long, you just get good at it ... but, never good enough.

To be honest Jew is a religious designation. Jews are of all races.

Jew is also a culture.

Really? Like in the Middle East, India, Japan and China? White people control all that wealth?

I normally do not repeat myself, but in this case I will make an exception:

'Then institutionalized "white guilt" must be a very lucrative venture since the vast majority of THE NATIONS monetary wealth as well as political power is controlled by a small percentage of the white population"

THE NATION, AS IN AMERICA.......now do you understand?

So I guess you are saying White people are just smarter, and better than others because they've become wealthier, and are in power?

'Then institutionalized "white guilt" must be a very lucrative venture since the vast majority of THE NATIONS monetary wealth as well as political power is controlled by a small percentage of the white population"

That would be Nation’s. If you learned to write then I would understand you.

I'll repeat myself then. Are you saying White people are just smarter, and better?

Forum List

Back