The real “takers” in America are the unproductive, rent-extracting rich

Good post and good topic. The irony is that I'm reading the below book right now that says that very same thing.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Plutocrats-Rise-Global-Super-Rich-Everyone/dp/1594204098]Plutocrats: The Rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else: Chrystia Freeland: 9781594204098: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Solon.com

'nuff said.

Just diss the source, that's all it takes, hey? Well, like I told the OP there's lots of people studying world economics today and the book I'm currently reading confirms the OP's thesis. I understand a lot of people can't leave their partisan playbook comfort zones and think in the round, but this doesn't have anything much to do with politics, only to the extent that you can learn who really puts our "elected" officials into office. It's not you and me.

So what's his point? We should get rid of private ownership of land and/or intellectual property?

Ironically he states "Last but not least, taxes are rents paid to territorial governments for essential public services, including military and police protection", but fails to mention the taxes that go toward welfare and entitlements.

I guess those aren't "rents". :eusa_liar:

Good post and good topic. The irony is that I'm reading the below book right now that says that very same thing.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Plutocrats-Rise-Global-Super-Rich-Everyone/dp/1594204098]Plutocrats: The Rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else: Chrystia Freeland: 9781594204098: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Always amazes me that the trailer dwellers in jesusland will defend these people and vote against their own interests

Solon.com

'nuff said.

Just diss the source, that's all it takes, hey? Well, like I told the OP there's lots of people studying world economics today and the book I'm currently reading confirms the OP's thesis. I understand a lot of people can't leave their partisan playbook comfort zones and think in the round, but this doesn't have anything much to do with politics, only to the extent that you can learn who really puts our "elected" officials into office. It's not you and me.

You have a lot to learn.

Solon.com

'nuff said.

You have a lot to learn.

Right, and I'm doing so instead of holding on with white knuckles to a dying partisan ideology.

Always amazes me that the trailer dwellers in jesusland will defend these people and vote against their own interests

I pity them really that they're not capable of understanding anything more than bumper sticker slogans. Here's an excerpt from Freeland based on her book I referenced I think you'll find interesting. These people trying to one-line this thread think is all about their precious partisan politics. Ignore them.

Chrystia Freeland: The Problem of Plutocrats: What a 19th-Century Economist Can Teach Us About Today's Capitalism

You have a lot to learn.

Right, and I'm doing so instead of holding on with white knuckles to a dying partisan ideology.

And it looks like it will take YOU a longer than usual time to learn. Pity for you.

And it looks like it will take YOU a longer than usual time to learn. Pity for you.

I was going to ignore the ignorant trolls on this important thread, but OK, educate us oh wise one on global economic forces.

Now THAT would be a tough job concidering that you cannot follow a line of discussion. You might recall that I said you had a lot to learn and it was in response to your comment about me dissing the source, it didn't have to do with global economic forces.

First step, try to pay attention and stay on topic. I also want to point out that YOU responded condescendingly to my post. I wasn't trolling you.

Nothing can replacing reading books on the topic and online columns don't suffice, but CAN inspire further reading. Interestingly, pretty much the "old money" is gone and the fight among the fraction of the 1% makes up "self made" people. Good for them. But as the OP suggests, they're really not producing anything like the Rockefellers of the first Gilded Age.

Rise Of The New Rich | Economic Trends | The Wealth Report 2012

Its funny how now the "industrial" capalists are the good kind. Does this mean the "military industrial complex" is now good?

more class warfare....HATE THEM RICH

then they turn around and vote for them..cracks me up

SEVEN out the top ten richest people in Congress, DEMOCRATS

salon a propaganda arm of the Democrat-Progressive-Commie party

The richest members of Congress - Aug. 21, 2012

If you had bothered to read some of what was posted you would realize they are NOT talking about EVERYONE who is wealthy.

You are such a limited person.

You Never truely discuss anything.

You merely react as if its YOU personally that is being discussed.

When you have a country or world where MORE and MORE people are falling into poverty and fewer and fewer people have all the resources there is something going wrong.

Why do you wish to return to the days of kings and queens?

Russia is on a campaign of attracting the rich who find themselves unwanted in their home nations. Do they have some kind of death wish?

"The real “takers” in America are the unproductive, rent-extracting rich"

Geesh, all the ones I personally know are providing housing for millions of others....

more class warfare....HATE THEM RICH

then they turn around and vote for them..cracks me up

SEVEN out the top ten richest people in Congress, DEMOCRATS

salon a propaganda arm of the Democrat-Progressive-Commie party

The richest members of Congress - Aug. 21, 2012

If you had bothered to read some of what was posted you would realize they are NOT talking about EVERYONE who is wealthy.

You are such a limited person.

You Never truely discuss anything.

You merely react as if its YOU personally that is being discussed.

When you have a country or world where MORE and MORE people are falling into poverty and fewer and fewer people have all the resources there is something going wrong.

Why do you wish to return to the days of kings and queens?

well we were all told the Dear Leader was going to fix all that, how can more be in poverty after four years of his wonderful policies..

still cracks me up, your rich Reprentives are for fixing things, as long as it's NOT THEIR MONEY..theirs stays in theirs bank accounts and they get RICHER....and you people fall it...lol

Forum List

Back