The real problem with cloaking Police brutality in racism

White people love the police state because they think they are being protected by it. Black folks know it for what it is, a weapon pointed at poor people.
Tell Joe that. I don't think he was aware of that back in the 90's when he wrote some pretty shitty legislation.
The 90s was thirty years ago. In the meantime there has been an explosion in the prison population because of politicians thoughtlessly pandering a get tough on crime agenda have exacerbated the problem beyond all reason.
Laws don't care about time. They are upheld until changed. They were put in place by Biden and his cohorts. That's what led to where we are now. Stop trying to put lipstick on a pig.
Quit being a partisan hack. You know that republicans absolutely love to "get tough on crime" and still want to continue the failed war on drugs.
I'm not being a partisan hack. I'm just going by policies, bill writers and records on who voted how. 1994 Crime Bill - Joe Biden owns it. First step act - President Trump owns it.

Actual shit that happened. Not promises. Promises from politicians are useless. Only action counts.
I'm not excusing anyone but we all know the state you live in decides what happens to most law breakers not the federal government. Policing is always a local issue.

White people love the police state because they think they are being protected by it. Black folks know it for what it is, a weapon pointed at poor people.
Tell Joe that. I don't think he was aware of that back in the 90's when he wrote some pretty shitty legislation.
The 90s was thirty years ago. In the meantime there has been an explosion in the prison population because of politicians thoughtlessly pandering a get tough on crime agenda have exacerbated the problem beyond all reason.
Laws don't care about time. They are upheld until changed. They were put in place by Biden and his cohorts. That's what led to where we are now. Stop trying to put lipstick on a pig.
Quit being a partisan hack. You know that republicans absolutely love to "get tough on crime" and still want to continue the failed war on drugs.
I'm not being a partisan hack. I'm just going by policies, bill writers and records on who voted how. 1994 Crime Bill - Joe Biden owns it. First step act - President Trump owns it.

Actual shit that happened. Not promises. Promises from politicians are useless. Only action counts.
I'm not excusing anyone but we all know the state you live in decides what happens to most law breakers not the federal government. Policing is always a local issue.
Federal laws in the case of the 1994 law and the First step act certainly have an impact on what happens within each state. There are laws that are "Federal", no?

I was almost ready to agree you had a real point until you made the distinction that rich and poor was divided along racial lines, as if there are no poor whites or affluent blacks.

This gets to the root of the problem of the OP and I think it's mostly due to the Media coverage and the politicization of these type of incidents.

agreed!

Making it about RACE and pretty much ignoring the BIGGER PICTURE (the CULTURE WAR against ALL of the enemies of right wingers; blacks, gays, liberals, feminists, atheists, muslims, hindus, nonchristians, moderates, rinos, democrats, never trumpers) is not packing the proper punch.

when you accuse a trumper of being racist he always counters with; "I aint no racist! I hate EVERYONE who isn't pro-trump. I am very diverse in my hatreds!"

This gets to the root of the problem of the OP and I think it's mostly due to the Media coverage and the politicization of these type of incidents.

police should abide by their oath; to serve and protect, ALL citizens

it is their job to try and PREVENT ESCALATION of situations, PEACEFULLY and CONSTITUTIONALLY, without excessive force or violence

Amendment 4
- Protection from Unreasonable Searches and Seizures

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment 5
- Protection of Rights to Life, Liberty, and Property

No person shall be held to answer for a capital or otherwise infamous crime unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

Amendment 6
- Rights of Accused Persons in Criminal Cases

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor; and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment 8
- Excessive Bail, Fines, and Punishments Forbidden

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

These CONSTITUTIONAL Amendments tell me that the police are UNCONSTITUTIONALLY executing people in the streets and IN THEIR HOMES and denying them their rights to a FAIR TRIAL.

that's what russia does

that's what duterte does

that's what china does

that's what venezuala does

that's what authoritarian dictatorships do

We don't need police reform. We need crook reform.

Anyone who thinks fighting it out with cops is going to end well for them shouldn't be allowed to pollute the gene pool.

Breonna Taylor was sleeping in her bed.

118581638_3295479570546868_5946238980483709470_o.jpg

don't need police reform. We need crook reform.
Nice sound byte.
Anyone who thinks fighting it out with cops is going to end well for them shouldn't be allowed to pollute the gene pool.
The cops went to the wrong side of the law a long time ago. They dredge up long criminal records, arrest records, mental health records, and police contact records straight out of City Hall on law-abiding people. Meanwhile hardened criminals, Mafia hit men, extortioners, kidnappers, car thieves, serial murderers, whores off the street, and real estate swindlers come in with spotless criminal background checks to possess firearms, obtain employment, higher education, etc.

They dredge up long criminal records, arrest records, mental health records, and police contact records straight out of City Hall on law-abiding people. Meanwhile hardened criminals, Mafia hit men, extortioners, kidnappers, car thieves, serial murderers, whores off the street, and real estate swindlers come in with spotless criminal background checks to possess firearms, obtain employment, higher education, etc.

There's a very person story there.

You want to share it?

Forum List

Back