The race is on: who will control social media? Ds or Rs?

Who will win in the race to control social media?

• Democrats

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Republicans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No one. We'll all lose.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
The power wielded by Big Tech - especially in the form of social media - is utterly irresistible to government types. Both major parties seem hell bent on getting their hooks into Big Tech. Who will win?

What do you think?

Last edited:
Big tech is funding the democrats with tons of "dark money".
I'm sure the dems will cooperate with their benefactors.

It's a facade. Government no more control 'Big Tech' than they control the Sun. If anything Big Tech assists government in the control of their citizenry. Neither are your friend.
I'm going to take a "We'll see" approach to that statement.

Considering that those who dominate social media are in control of the democrat party, unless the likes of Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey change, themselves, social media will remain the sole domain of the authoritarian left.

These evil men absolutely revel in the way they are able to use their power to control others and what we are experiencing is the result of malignant egos that are only growing with time.

It's a facade. Government no more control 'Big Tech' than they control the Sun. If anything Big Tech assists government in the control of their citizenry. Neither are your friend.
BINGO.gif

Well...I mean look at Jan Psaki's press conference where she brow beat social media, particularly Facebook for not censoring more.
They are peas and carrots.

Considering that those who dominate social media are in control of the democrat party, unless the likes of Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey change, themselves, social media will remain the sole domain of the authoritarian left.

These evil men absolutely revel in the way they are able to use their power to control others and what we are experiencing is the result of malignant egos that are only growing with time.
I dunno. The "Freedom from Big Tech Caucus" sounds promising. Republicans might just pull ahead.

Well...I mean look at Jan Psaki's press conference where she brow beat social media, particularly Facebook for not censoring more.
They are peas and carrots.
I don't disagree. It remains to be seen who will come out on top.

Well, now we know that the US is no different than Cuba, North Korea, Russia, China -

Government-'run' social media

God bless the few remaining independent non-fake news govt surrogate media outlets that still exist...for now...

Bout time liberal organizations start tossing their money into good causes after right wing dark money pits have been
doing it for over a decade. If it's good for the goose....well, you know the rest. And I find the right wing crowing
over social media amusing, since Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms were instrumental in helping Trump get elected.
So, when did the love disappear? You loved you some social media in 2015 and 2016 when it helped your side out.
Then when your guy went off his rocker, they put the guardrails on...and he doubles down on stupid. So now you get
all indignant and righteous? :)

Bout time liberal organizations start tossing their money into good causes after right wing dark money pits have been
doing it for over a decade. If it's good for the goose....well, you know the rest. And I find the right wing crowing
over social media amusing, since Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms were instrumental in helping Trump get elected.
So, when did the love disappear? You loved you some social media in 2015 and 2016 when it helped your side out.
Then when your guy went off his rocker, they put the guardrails on...and he doubles down on stupid. So now you get
You're way off with your assessments.
1. Social media did NOT help Trump in 2016. His voters aren't online much, they are patriotic "America First Populists"
2. Show me how platforms helped Trump get elected, they didn't, it was Trump's message and democrat failures and distrust of Hillary that got him the win. Hillary was unelectable and you know it. No one liked her except the lying MSM and their fake polls.
3. Trump and many conservatives are banned from social media, wonder why that is? What are the dems and big tech afraid of? What happened to free speech, "I may not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it"?

You're way off with your assessments.
1. Social media did NOT help Trump in 2016. His voters aren't online much, they are patriotic "America First Populists"
2. Show me how platforms helped Trump get elected, they didn't, it was Trump's message and democrat failures and distrust of Hillary that got him the win. Hillary was unelectable and you know it. No one liked her except the lying MSM and their fake polls.
3. Trump and many conservatives are banned from social media, wonder why that is? What are the dems and big tech afraid of? What happened to free speech, "I may not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it"?
Yikes. You members of the alt-right really don't live in the same reality as the rest of us, huh?
Trump's entire campaign was primarily run on the reach of his "message" on social media platforms.

You and the rest of winger nation are upset because they finally clamped down on the lies and misinformation
they allowed to proliferate in 2015 and 2016.

And lest you keep crowing about Trump's win in 2016. 77,000 votes over three states. A less than 1% margin of victory.
If she campaigns until the end and Comey keeps his mouth shut, she wins. But she didn't. And she would have been a
head and shoulders choice above the abortion that won. :)

I realize you are utterly ignorant, but if an organization were actually liberal, it would be wanting to expand people's right to express their opinions, not limit them.

As with many uneducated leftists, you are confusing your own authoritarianism with liberalism.

What do you think?
I think Big Tech has only themselves to blame for this.
And if they were the only one's taking a hit, I wouldn't really care. Unfortunately, the Constitution is what will get raped.

I agree. Nothing good will come of it, but at the same time I'm hardly going to shed a tear for Messrs. Zuckerberg and Dorsey.
Why do you hate America?

99f2df20-dd5d-11eb-abbf-df4f63840b6b_800_420.png

The power wielded by Big Tech - especially in the form of social media - is utterly irresistible to government types. Both major parties seem hell bent on getting their hooks into Big Tech. Who will win?

What do you think?
100% Democrats. They do now. Why would that change? Free speech is only allowed on Twitter and FB if you have left leaning views as far as I can tell.

I realize you are utterly ignorant, but if an organization were actually liberal, it would be wanting to expand people's right to express their opinions, not limit them.

As with many uneducated leftists, you are confusing your own authoritarianism with liberalism.
Just can't do it can you? Can't make a legitimate argument without chopping up word salad. Oh well, maybe my expectations are too high.
Right wing dark money organization have been pouring money into campaigns since the disaster of a SC decision that was Citizens United.
It's about time left wing organizations abandon their hope that policies and ideas will win the day with ignorant conservatives.
And liberals aren't the ones comfortable with an authoritarian leader....that was you...under the last guy. Admit it. He made you feel safe. :)

Forum List

Back