The proof of the first cause can be found in the proof of reality

We live in a universe where there has never been an uncaused event except for the creation of space and time. The proof of the first cause can be found in the proof of reality. There is a final state of fact for all things. Once the final state of fact is discovered it will be known that it was always true and will always be true. In effect... it is eternal. Therefore, God is both truth and reality. To say it differently as it was first said... I am.

Cause and effect is fundamental to all natural science. In fact, it is the foundation upon which science is laid. The cause and effect of single every physical phenomenon since the creation of the universe has been controlled by the laws of nature which came into existence when space and time were created.
I am going to correct your statements:

We live in a universe where there has never been an uncaused event THAT WE KNOW OF.

There is no proof of the first cause. First Cause is simply the Philosophical hypothesis of Aquinas.

Cause and effect ARE fundamental to all natural science.

OBSERVATION AND HYPOTHESIS are the foundation upon which science is laid.

The laws of nature are all just Scientific theory.
Nice. It's a good thing you are not taking our little discussions personally.

I wonder why the Hebrew God did not give a ratz azz about the Africans, the Asians, or the Meso-Americans?

He only seems to care about the Hebrews and the Europeans.

I wonder why that is?

Food for thought.

Asian religions are all bullsh!t and they all suck.
That also is not true. He fulfilled His covenant in Genesis 22:18.

There is a competing theory to the most accepted scientific trends of today, which center around a Big Bang model. Buddhism is the only "religion" that doesn't bother with a fake creation story, but predicts the age of the universe with a 50 % accuracy, in its scriptures as early as written 2500 years ago. No religion managed to achieve such scientific accuracy.

Only if you don't believe that Genesis isn't allegorical. Genesis correctly predicted that the universe had a beginning and that what we see was created in steps.

As Carl Sagan noted, the Vedas were correct in their prediction of the age cycles of the observable universe. The Hebrew scriptures do not contain this information.

Last edited:
There is a competing theory to the most accepted scientific trends of today, which center around a Big Bang model. Buddhism is the only "religion" that doesn't bother with a fake creation story, but predicts the age of the universe with a 50 % accuracy, in its scriptures as early as written 2500 years ago. No religion managed to achieve such scientific accuracy.
Buddhism doesn't claim to be a revealed religion either. Did you know that the account of Genesis is captured in the symbols of the early Chinese language. Do you know about ShangDi? Do you know that the Bible references a chosen people before the Jews?

Don't you have a thread on Mormonism? Are you a Mormon?
No I am not a Mormon, it is not my thread if it exists. What is ShangDi? What chosen people does the Bible(!) reference to before the Jews?

I wonder why the Hebrew God did not give a ratz azz about the Africans, the Asians, or the Meso-Americans?

He only seems to care about the Hebrews and the Europeans.

I wonder why that is?

Food for thought.

Asian religions are all bullsh!t and they all suck.
The bible also says that God cares about all his creations. Are you turning the bible into a Jew national doctrine?

Remember that everything we know comes through our perceptions. A person's perceptions are one hundred percent subjective.

Buddhism doesn't claim to be a revealed religion either. Did you know that the account of Genesis is captured in the symbols of the early Chinese language. Do you know about ShangDi? Do you know that the Bible references a chosen people before the Jews?

Don't you have a thread on Mormonism? Are you a Mormon?
No I am not a Mormon, it is not my thread if it exists. What is ShangDi? What chosen people does the Bible(!) reference to before the Jews?
My bad, I got my wires crossed.

"Evidence says that the ancient Chinese understood the nature of God as the ancient Hebrews did after Abraham (1812 B.C. to 1637 B.C.), who is considered the father of the Jews (about 3,000 years old), Christians (about 2,000 years old) and Muslims (about 1,400 years old).

While the ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans worshiped many gods, the Chinese worshiped one God above all others, ShangDi. If true, that would mean the Chinese might have believed in God longer than the Jews, Christians or Muslims.

In fact, it appears that the Chinese believed in God (ShangDi) without an organized religion for more than four thousand years."

The Bible doesn't state who, just that they had forsaken Him. Many of the OT accounts are literally captured in the 1st language recorded written language as symbols. They used commonly known accounts to represent their symbols to make it easier for people to remember the meaning of the words.

On a side note there was great disharmony during the time of Confucius. He studied the 1st Chinese dynasties to understand why they were so harmonious and prosperous, while he did not necessarily model his philosophy on ShangDi, he did take away from them that it is tradition which helped keep them in harmony. This he did use to great effect.

The Original ‘Unknown’ God of China

The bible also says that God cares about all his creations. Are you turning the bible into a Jew national doctrine?
You should come up with a link to a cite, then I could translate it out of Hebrew or Greek from the original and tell you if your fantasy is accurate or not.

Remember that everything we know comes through our perceptions. A person's perceptions are one hundred percent subjective.
The only way to confront reality is to die to self. Objective means to have no bias. Subjective means to have bias. The rewards of objectivity are great. It leads to happiness which turns on all the learning centers of the brain.

You should come up with a link to a cite, then I could translate it out of Hebrew or Greek from the original and tell you if your fantasy is accurate or not.
I believe that Catholic thought teaches that God does not destroy any of his Creations which is consistent with the laws of conservation of mass and energy.

The laws of nature are all just Scientific theory.

Science proves the existence of laws, theories, principles, et al or it disproves the existence of laws, theories, principles, et al. Science is never conclusive because laws, theories, principles, et al are always subject to revision if new data comes along - up to and including refuting the laws, theories, principles, et al.

Some people have said that science can't disprove the existence of something. I say to those people, if science can't really disprove the existence of something, then science can't really prove the existence of something either.

So, we are left with having to accept that practically speaking, science does prove and disprove the existence of laws, theories, principles, et al

or

That everything is taken on faith as nothing can really be proven.

So for the purposes of this discussion, we will assume the former; that practically speaking science does prove and disprove the existence of laws, theories, principles, et al.

Only if you don't believe that Genesis isn't allegorical. Genesis correctly predicted that the universe had a beginning and that what we see was created in steps.

As Carl Sagan noted, the Vedas were correct in their prediction of the age cycles of the observable universe. The Hebrew scriptures do not contain this information.

Ok, and?

Wow... you can do all of that and you still don't know shit about any of the answers to the questions? C'mon man.

My personal Deist mythology is irrelevant to anyone else, but my own fantasy is that the Deist Clockmaker God threw us into this hellhole and is reaping archangels out of all those who survive it without being unethical in the process.

Mine is that it is a journey and that He is not looking for perfection, just steady progress towards the goal. I don't have the same cynicism towards organized religion that you and many others do. I understand that there is good and bad in everything. I prefer to not toss the baby out with the bathwater.

Forum List

Back