The power to propel us to the stars

A typical cellphone has enough power to reach a cell tower up to 45 miles away. Depending on the technology of the cellphone network, the maximum distance may be as low as 22 miles because the signal otherwise takes too long for the highly accurate timing of the cellphone protocol to work reliably. Now you know how things work.

Pioneer 10 is 12,000,000,000 km from Earth and still keeps in touch via small, land-base antennas.
As I understand it, Lubin's proposal has a whole caravan of probes. The trailing probes are simply repeaters that would receive the signal from an earlier probe and pass it down to the next. That totally defeats the inverse square law of the huge distance. I would guess that the probes "solar" sails would be parabolic to serve a double purpose and also act as efficient antennas. The battery power of the caravan of probes would not be needed until the leading probe was in the vicinity of the target star.

Not mathematically feasible because of

1, the short telemetry range of a gram sized probe
2. the sheer number of probes needed would be in the billions
3. the inevitable fact that with billions or millions as the case may be of probes that one would fail or be knocked out disabling the chain with no hope of repair.

It's fiction kid, if you understood engineering you would know that the simplest solution with the fewest parts is always preferable to a complicated one such as this billion link chain that is failed before beginning
Smarter ones than you are doing the feasibility study.
Not likely, the project has no feasibility at the current time. Anyone who needs more than a millisecond to calculate this is merely trying to get publicity or grant funds so they can continue the deep fakery

Not likely, the project has no feasibility at the current time. Anyone who needs more than a millisecond to calculate this is merely trying to get publicity or grant funds so they can continue the deep fakery
Tell it to NASA. You're the one obsessed.

Again there is no feasibility study on a gram sized probe that none of the constituent parts exist for. See to do a feasibility study you must have the hardware that is impossible at the size level specified. I am not quite sure why you idolize NASA who fucked up the American space program so completely that the USA could only fly Russian rockets.

So how much grant money did the communist professor receive?

Again there is no feasibility study on a gram sized probe that none of the constituent parts exist for. See to do a feasibility study you must have the hardware that is impossible at the size level specified. I am not quite sure why you idolize NASA who fucked up the American space program so completely that the USA could only fly Russian rockets.
Still obsessed.

Still obsessed.

Again there is no feasibility study on a gram sized probe that none of the constituent parts exist for. See to do a feasibility study you must have the hardware that is impossible at the size level specified. I am not quite sure why you idolize NASA who fucked up the American space program so completely that the USA could only fly Russian rockets. However children will often say things like it's real because NASA said so without employing critical thinking

Last edited:
You have obviously never done a feasibility study.

You have obviously never done a feasibility study.
Actually my logical feasibility study on a billion long chain of gram sized probes connecting Earth to Alpha Centaury that do not exist is already complete. My processor required .25 watts of chemically generated electricity and .01 seconds to compute the answer

Actually my logical feasibility study on a billion long chain of gram sized probes connecting Earth to Alpha Centaury that do not exist is already complete. My processor required .25 watts of chemically generated electricity and .01 seconds to compute the answer
The principle investigator would fire you immediately.

Tell us more about the 26 trillion mile long chain of probes that will link the Earth to Alpha Centauri and how none of the millions or billions of gram sized probes in the chain will malfunction over the decades that they take to travel inside your mind?

Again little boy anyone can propose anything. This is nonsense however the idol of this professor was Bernie Madoff, so you sell the trailer and invest it all in the Alpha Centauri probe to nowhere now

100460799-100460799-bernie-madoff-getty_r.1910x1000.jpg

Only fools believe

Tell us more about the 26 trillion mile long chain of probes that will link the Earth to Alpha Centauri and how none of the millions or billions of gram sized probes in the chain will malfunction over the decades that they take to travel inside your mind?

Again little boy anyone can propose anything. This is nonsense however the idol of this professor was Bernie Madoff, so you sell the trailer and invest it all in the Alpha Centauri probe to nowhere now

Only fools believe
Ask Lubin.

Only fools believe
Ask Lubin.
You invested in the scheme so I am asking you, now tell us more about the 26 trillion mile long chain of probes that will link the Earth to Alpha Centauri and how none of the millions or billions of gram sized probes in the chain will malfunction over the decades that they take to travel inside your mind?

You invested in the scheme so I am asking you, now tell us more about the 26 trillion mile long chain of probes that will link the Earth to Alpha Centauri and how none of the millions or billions of gram sized probes in the chain will malfunction over the decades that they take to travel inside your mind?
I only cited an article related to the OP. You are the one who is totally obsessed and thereby invested. Google Lupin.

I only cited an article related to the OP. You are the one who is totally obsessed and thereby invested. Google Lupin.

I have no interest in the fictitious billion probe that is a grant gathering scam that fools suckers like you. Now tell us again about the 26 trillion mile long chain of probes that will link the Earth to Alpha Centauri and how none of the millions or billions of gram sized probes in the chain will malfunction over the decades that they take to travel inside your mind? You are no brighter than a kid at the UFO convention

I have no interest in the fictitious billion probe .......
Yes you do - you have been obsessed since post #25. If you have no interest, stop carrying the woman.

I am interested in the 26 trillion mile long probe chain that you believe is either real or technically feasible and I want to know about the power source for the miniature lasers that will be powering that microscopic solar sail and I am especially interested in the method of communication. The only thing that I know for sure about this project is that in some way Gerry Garcia is involved.

f6399428745ea791d8232d12859d9629.gif

Yes you do - you have been obsessed since post #25. If you have no interest, stop carrying the woman.

I am interested in the 26 trillion mile long probe chain that you believe is either real or technically feasible and I want to know about the power source for the miniature lasers that will be powering that microscopic solar sail and I am especially interested in the method of communication. The only thing that I know for sure about this project is that in some way Gerry Garcia is involved.

Your interest is a good thing. Good luck with your research.

Your interest is a good thing. Good luck with your research.

You are the PhD not me, so much for you filling us in on the 23 trillion mile long probe that you believe is being built by a Harvard quackpothead

I am interested in the 26 trillion mile long probe chain that you believe is either real or technically feasible and I want to know about the power source for the miniature lasers that will be powering that microscopic solar sail and I am especially interested in the method of communication
The "miniature lasers" arent powering the sails kid.

Being the "owner of Google" you have access to the information that will answer all of your asinine, mocking "questions."

The lasers will be earth based. Or, better yet, they could be space based and solar powered.

As the owner of google, I'm sure you understand the "law of inertia."

There is no need for the lasers to push the sails every mile to Alpha Centauri.

"An object in motion tends to remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force."

Yes, this is entirely possible, AND DOABLE.

Humans will never leave the solar system, but there is no reason we cant send probes, and eventually robots.

And, finally, kid, here is a laser diode, with its metal heat sink. The heat sink would not be needed in interstellar space where the temperature is near ABSOLUTE ZERO. That powerful laser looks pretty miniature to me, kid.
Diode_laser.jpg

Forum List

Back